Princess PreCruise Hotel-FLL Costs

mph045

I went on line today and saw the Embassy Suite in FLL listed for $139pp+$94 add'l nights. =$487 this was found with pre cruise and

I contacted my TA and Princess quoted $714.20 for the 2 nights with 2 adults!! This included everything

I figured it would be around $466 total for the two days=what am I missing?

Did Princess post the wrong costs per night on line?

Any help would be appreciated:)

FT. LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA

Search Share Brochure Offers

Extend your trip to relax and enjoy the seven miles of perfect beaches of this coastal city. Renowned for sun and water sports, Ft. Lauderdale also offers a myriad of shopping and dining choices along The Riverwalk. It's also a perfect jumping-off point for a tour of the Everglades.

SEPT 2015 - MAY 2016

Embassy Suites Ft. Lauderdale

Within walking distance of the Intracoastal Waterway and Port Everglades.

November 2016 Price: 1 night from $139

Additional nights from $94

November 2017 Price: 1 night from $139

Perhaps the key word is "from".

I would hope your TA offered to find you the best rate by booking directly. And advised you that two quick and inexpensive cab rides from airport to hotel and hotel to port will be much easier and less stressful than the Princess transfers that are "included" in their prices.

I went on line today and saw the Embassy Suite in FLL listed for $139pp+$94 add'l nights. =$487 this was found with pre cruise and

I contacted my TA and Princess quoted $714.20 for the 2 nights with 2 adults!! This included everything

FT. LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA

Extend your trip to relax and enjoy the seven miles of perfect beaches of this coastal city. Renowned for sun and water sports, Ft. Lauderdale also offers a myriad of shopping and dining choices along The Riverwalk. It's also a perfect jumping-off point for a tour of the Everglades.

SEPT 2015 - MAY 2016

Wow prices are sky high for that weekend. Wonder what's going on. $487 total not bad for Jan 26th and 27th

Horrible pricing. Of course it's likely better accommodations than Motel 6.

Remember when Motel 6 actually charged only $6.00 per night? Back in my younger days that would still have been too much though. I probably would have had to use Motel Pi. You know, the one that only charges $3.14 per night. :rolleyes:

Edited by Thrak

FT. LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA

SEPT 2015 - MAY 2016

The cruise line rates are per person not by the room. Their rate includes transfers to hotel , room , taxes , gratuities , luggage handling and transfer to pier on embarkation day .

My numbers do reflect the costs of two adults[$139ppx2+$94ppx2+11% resort tax] for two nights with no transfers!!!!

I do not understand why Princess shows incorrect rates on line? Should they not be revised as to the times of the year-I understand between December-March the rates go upward BIG TIME in FLL-Did not expect this-I paid $200/nght total a few years ago.:mad:

PS_I did contact the Hotel directly-no transfers and they offered $697.07 for the two days

Edited by mph045

My numbers do reflect the costs of two adults[$139ppx2+$94ppx2+11% resort tax] for two nights with no transfers!!!!

I do not understand why Princess shows incorrect rates on line? Should they not be revised as to the times of the year-I understand between December-March the rates go upward BIG TIME in FLL-Did not expect this-I paid $200/nght total a few years ago.:mad:

PS_I did contact the Hotel directly-no transfers and they offered $697.07 for the two days

I'm paying $230 CDN per person for April 24/16 at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina Hotel. Includes all transfers , luggage handling, gratuities and room.:):cool:

We generally stay at the Embassy because it is near the port, has a liquor store across the ST, plus local super markets in the area, so the location is worth it to us. Price includes a comfortable room and breakfast. We pick something for dinner at the local market.

We always, always book directly with Hilton, the Embassy is a hilton property... we are Hilton members... unless cruise is around spring break, generally we do a lot better than what you have been quoted.

I book early, watch for price drops and requests any price drops I see.

We handle our own transfer to the port, i.e., local taxi, $15 or $20 at the most with tips..

You can do a lot better on your own for sure.

It's generally much cheaper to book directly with hotel or on Expedia..etc.

That's because they quote price for room not per person like the cruise lines do.

I shake my head at the pre and post cruise hotel prices that the lines charge.

really Ft Lauderdale is only a $10-15 cab ride to most hotels.

Other than for convenience it doesn't make sense to pay the crazy prices that the cruise lines want!!:eek:

Wow prices are sky high for that weekend. Wonder what's going on. $487 total not bad for Jan 26th and 27th

The FLL Boat Show is the first weekend of November. I'm cruising out of FLL that weekend, and found a decent price. Just shop around...

If it is a Princess package, the posted prices do include the transfers.

That is why there is a difference for the additional nights. $45 ($139-$94) is the built in cost (per person) of the xfers.

Embassy suites is always high priced, there are other options a little further away and less $$$.

Not true. You need to keep checking back on the hotel site. Embassy suites near the port on 17th St can be a great deal. Next week we were able to get a room for $142 per night and in October we have a room booked for $132 per night. However for next February the rates are over $300 per night. Book a refundable room and keep checking back. When we first book our room that we have for next week it was almost $300.... Now down to $149.

We have been to FLL many times for cruises and always book our own hotel. There are a half dozen really nice hotels right on or just off of S.E. 17th St that are reasonably priced. You can search them on line. Of course, pricing is determined by the season and you will pay premium prices for a mid winter rooms vs a room in the fall season.

Don't base your selection on shuttle service. All the hotels have some sort of service to the port. However, a taxi for two from any of the hotels on SE 17th St. to the pier is $10 total, not pp, which is usually less that shuttle pricing and a lot easier and quicker.

Edited by sknight

I forgot to mention the dates are late January 2017-I do look weekly for reduced rates. I will most likely book direct/Priceline/Backbid/

We always take a taxi to/from Port- a lot cheaper than Princess transfers.:)

Thank You for all of the input-Appreciate it:D

It's generally much cheaper to book directly with hotel or on Expedia..etc.

That's because they quote price for room not per person like the cruise lines do.

I shake my head at the pre and post cruise hotel prices that the lines charge.

really Ft Lauderdale is only a $10-15 cab ride to most hotels.

Other than for convenience it doesn't make sense to pay the crazy prices that the cruise lines want!!:eek:

When you have to pay 30% premium on the US dollar it becomes cheaper to use the cruise line package . As a Canadian I have to somewhere between 1.45 and 1.35 for each US dollar .

I feel your pain. It's a case of supply & demand, and what the market will bear. (try looking at a tues. or wed. nite when prob. no cruise boats are coming or going - & see what they charge then)

I agree with the poster,pris993.

We are in the Hilton loyalty program and always book directly through their website.

They offer discounts for AAA and AARP as well as some other organization discounts.

The Hilton chains include Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn , Hilton Garden Inn and Homeward Suites. A number of these properties are located in the downtown Ft Lauderdale area near the port and near the airport.

Rates quoted on the website are for the room,not per person. Hampton Inn and Homeward Suites as well as Embassy Suites offer complimentary breakfasts.

Check to see if shuttle service is offered at the hotel or a cab ride is not long and is not overly expensive to/ from the airport and/or pier.

Try priceline. We have cruised many times about 10 and only once paid more then 69 for a room. Cruised in November turkey week and had to pay 99 in Tampa. We have always cruised late Nov or early Dec. I know it depends on the time of year your booking but try it might help. Have stayed at Hyatt West and Pier 66 for 69 bucks a night. Good luck...........................................RADICAL

You need to keep checking back on the hotel site. Book a refundable room and keep checking back. When we first book our room that we have for next week it was almost $300.... Now down to $149.

I agree. That's how we do it too.

Not unusual to cost $300-$400 pp for Princess hotel and transfers. Have done it a couple of times (Copenhagen, London, San Juan), but usually we just make our own arrangements. Transfers are kind of mixed benefit. Nice to have luggage taken from room to ship but often the bus runs later in the afternoon, long after we want to be onboard.

Embassy and Hyatt next door are good places, but you will find prices vary all over the place. You could also get a car and stay elsewhere. Several rental agencies have offices near the pier and others can be dropped off at airport with at most a $20 cab ride to the pier. Try for a hotel along 17th, but if you can't get that it really isn't a big deal. You should be able to do better than Princess prices.

Try priceline. We have cruised many times about 10 and only once paid more then 69 for a room. Cruised in November turkey week and had to pay 99 in Tampa. We have always cruised late Nov or early Dec. I know it depends on the time of year your booking but try it might help. Have stayed at Hyatt West and Pier 66 for 69 bucks a night. Good luck...........................................RADICAL

I bet you haven't received those prices for years

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express prior to our cruise last month. Free airport shuttle to pick you up. Free, hot, full breakfast. Cruise Pier shuttle for $8pp. $219.00 Clean & easy!

We always stay at the Holiday Inn Express on 17th booked by us. We take a cab and usually about $12 for 2 to the pier. Princess hotels room are more expensive always. They due charge per person and the rate is around twice as much if you booked on your own. But their rate includes, shuttle to and from hotel, shuttle to the ship, shuttle to the airport after cruise, luggage handling, also some of their bookings include breakfast.