Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

And how about the Harmony TA with over 130 Pinnacles already booked on her. Guess they'll have to charter a whole Specialty Restaurant one night.

As senior officers often say, "We have many challenges".

13 nights. 10 per night. ;) :D

One interesting question from this if the welcome back party is going I wonder if the Top trier event will also be a casualty as well.

I thought the original poster said that the top tier would continue.

I gotta laugh, if this is true it will be the second time I have been kicked out of the CL. Once as Diamond and now as Diamond + ....

Me too, but this time they are just changing the name of the lounge, not kicking us out:p

Interesting change, we are D+ and like to hang out in whichever is the lounge with the nicer views, we are on Anthem in two weeks and were looking forward to being in the CL with the nice aft views, if it's back to just once lounge (as we won't make pinnacle) then there is not a big difference or any real incentive for Diamonds to progress. Interested to see what the new perks (if any) for D+ will be.

Rich, the Diamond Lounge on Anthem is very nice. There are windows, and it adjoins the Music Hall, and is next to the main theater. Good, convenient location.

:)

To me it's not much of a change. Stopped attending the welcome back party many years ago. Sometimes I looked forward to the top tiers if there was some interesting facts/items that came up in certain discussion--for instance when the Quantum was on the drawing board there was a lot of noise as to where it would be ported and other various items such as rumors of the Oasis being shipped to China, otherwise, I basically do not attend these either.

One interesting question from this if the welcome back party is going I wonder if the Top trier event will also be a casualty as well.

Yes, I was told it will remain. But I forgot to ask whether it would be held on the very short cruises, ie. 3 nighters.

Edited by Tagsalong

Alas, if D+ are no longer allowed in the CL, I am going to miss seeing many people who I have met and really only connect with in the CL. At the rate I cruise I won't reach Pinnacle until 2019.

I am also going to have to rethink my staterooms on some ships as I am a 4am riser and book my cabin relative to the location of the CL so I can get my coffee fix.

Edited by MaritimeR&R

We were on the Freedom on 3/20 and no longer got any invite to a Welcome Back party, so it seems Freedom is one of the ships this is/was being tested on?

The trials were on the Freedom and Navigator. I was told there was no negative feed back on these ships during the trial period.

Alas, if D+ are no longer allowed in the CL, I am going to miss seeing many people who I have met and really only connect with in the CL. At the rate I cruise I won't reach Pinnacle until 2019.

I am also going to have to rethink my staterooms on some ships as I am a 4am riser and book my cabin relative to the location of the CL so I can get my coffee fix.

Don't the Diamond lounges also have the coffee machines?

Most of the ships do I think.

Do the Diamond and Suite lounges vary in sizes and amenities across the different classes of ships; Quantum, Oasis, Freedom, Voyager?

Do the smaller classes have one or two of the lounges; Radiance, Vision, Sovereign?

If it gets bad enough, Majesty of the Seas could be re-tasked to trail a bigger ship and provide overflow for the two lounges! :D

Don't the Diamond lounges also have the coffee machines?

Most of the ships do I think.

Yes, they do, but some of them are not located near the CL and all of my currently booked cabins were booked with coffee in the CL as a consideration. I don't move around as well as I used to, so being near an elevator that has easy access to the coffee machine was a real plus for me.

Do the Diamond and Suite lounges vary in sizes and amenities across the different classes of ships; Quantum, Oasis, Freedom, Voyager?

Do the smaller classes have one or two of the lounges; Radiance, Vision, Sovereign?

If it gets bad enough, Majesty of the Seas could be re-tasked to trail a bigger ship and provide overflow for the two lounges! :D

The DL/CL/SL sizes do vary among the difference classes of ships. Even within the same class you will find an SL on Liberty and a CL on Freedom and Indy.

After Jewel finishes the current dry dock, all ships will have a DL and (CL or SL), except for Majesty aned Empress.

Edited by clarea

The DL/CL/SL sizes do vary among the difference classes of ships. Even within the same class you will find an SL on Liberty and a CL on Freedom and Indy.

After Jewel finishes the current dry dock, all ships will have a DL and (CL or SL), except for Majesty aned Empress.

I guess I will just sail those two ships, then they can't kick me out of anywhere:eek::p

Edited by molly361

I guess I will just sail those two ships, then they can't kick me out of anywhere:eek::p

Remember, they are not kicking you out of anywhere. No benefits are being changed. (They are just removing the CL.)

I never did see that "Meet the Stars" thing offered on more than one cruise.

They had meet the stars for top tier on my Oasis sailing I just got off of Saturday. Did not attend though. I believe it was day 6 or 7.

Also sail away from labadee on helipad was the top tier event.

They had meet the stars for top tier on my Oasis sailing I just got off of Saturday. Did not attend though. I believe it was day 6 or 7.

Also sail away from labadee on helipad was the top tier event.

Maybe it was only on Oasis and Allure, which I was only on once each, so it would have been easy to miss. Thanks.

We will be on the April 28th TA cruise on the Jewel after its completed dry dock.

We are D+ and will post on here after our first night, exactly, what, if any changes have been, or, will be made as it pertains to Diamond and Concierge lounges, and, what lounge your status level permits you to gain access.

Even though I'm sure some of the info posted here is accurate, I will wait until I'm on the ship to find out first hand.