Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

This stinks for those of us who are D+

Pushing us into the D lounge with the multitudes of D's already there will cause severe overcrowding on many cruises.

Like others, I want to wait and see what the plans actually are. I simply find this "solution" to "overcrowding" to make no sense, since it adds to the problem.

I have never experienced lounge crowding in CL. I travelled in Suite Enchantment, Adventure, Indepdence and there has always been seats.

This thread keeps flip/floping so I am confused are Diamonds getting kicked out of all lounges and D+ get Diamond Lounge?

There's a huge difference in ambience between the Diamond Lounge and the CL on the Anthem. Like night and day. The CL is gigantic on the Anthem and has 2 concierges at all times. I can't believe Pinnacles and Suites would make a dent in it. My guess is they will divide the room. What a shame. Definitely disappointed. Vicki

I have never experienced lounge crowding in CL. I travelled in Suite Enchantment, Adventure, Indepdence and there has always been seats.

This thread keeps flip/floping so I am confused are Diamonds getting kicked out of all lounges and D+ get Diamond Lounge?

I have experienced lounge crowding in the concierge lounge. We were never able to get a seat when we were in a suite on Jewel. The same people were in them each time we went.

I'm Diamond and usually can choose from either lounge since we cruise most often in a GS. That said, I'd be thrilled with a beverage package discount since that would allow me to get my choice of drink from any bar on the ship. I enjoyed the CL on the Serenade and the SL on the Oasis, but I've never been a fan of the "interior cabin" Concierge Lounges on the Voyager class ships. There are many MUCH nicer places on those ships to relax with a cocktail! I thought the new Diamond Lounges on the Mariner and Navigator were nice, but in the evenings the chairs were filled with people who came in when Happy Hour started and didn't leave until it ended. Is that chair hogging?:D;):p

I've been on 2 Celebrity cruises -- an 11 night and a 12 night. We only visited the Elite Happy Hour once, and that was just to check it out since we'd never been. We far preferred to visit the Martini Bar or one of the other interesting bars and use our Premium Beverage Package. Maybe if Royal's beverage packages weren't so freakishly expensive or offered as a perk more people would purchase them and it would help alleviate crowding in the lounges.

I'm Diamond and usually can choose from either lounge since we cruise most often in a GS. That said, I'd be thrilled with a beverage package discount since that would allow me to get my choice of drink from any bar on the ship. I enjoyed the CL on the Serenade and the SL on the Oasis, but I've never been a fan of the "interior cabin" Concierge Lounges on the Voyager class ships. There are many MUCH nicer places on those ships to relax with a cocktail! I thought the new Diamond Lounges on the Mariner and Navigator were nice, but in the evenings the chairs were filled with people who came in when Happy Hour started and didn't leave until it ended. Is that chair hogging?:D;):p

I've been on 2 Celebrity cruises -- an 11 night and a 12 night. We only visited the Elite Happy Hour once, and that was just to check it out since we'd never been. We far preferred to visit the Martini Bar or one of the other interesting bars and use our Premium Beverage Package. Maybe if Royal's beverage packages weren't so freakishly expensive or offered as a perk more people would purchase them and it would help alleviate crowding in the lounges.

I'm all over it...

Edited by Rockfordcruiser

The only time I drank cruising now is in the diamond lounge. I usually get 3 drinks before I go down for trivia. Then I use my free drink in that lounge, and on the way down I get my wine for me meal using my 2nd free drink. The 3rd drink I use for evening trivia. And if I feel like a drink in the evening, I will buy one. This has saved us a lot of $$$ being in the DL. Cruise prices have gone up so much, this has helped greatly with costs.

The trials were on the Freedom and Navigator. I was told there was no negative feed back on these ships during the trial period.

We were on the first sailing of the Freedom last August when they started "testing" only allowing Diamond and above to the Top Tier event and not having the Welcome Back party. We definitely voiced our negative feedback. We were Emeralds and felt very unappreciated on that trip. First time ever feeling that way on that ship. We aren't the kind of folks that demand or expect a bunch if extra perks. It's just nice to feel like they appreciate our loyalty. Sailed on the independence the next month and it was a completely different experience. They had a GREAT top tier event with the ice cast. I get tired of the lack of consistency bewteen the ships. I understand they are all different business units, but they shouldn't feel that way to the guests. :confused:

We are three nights away from Diamond, which we will have under our belts by the end of next week. We aren't drinkers, but have been looking forward to the coffee machine in the DL. I hope they still allow "lowly" Diamonds in the Diamond lounge after the changes...

I have experienced lounge crowding in the concierge lounge. We were never able to get a seat when we were in a suite on Jewel. The same people were in them each time we went.

We found the same situation in the CL on the Voyager, Mariner and Navigator. Never could get a seat, and it was always the same lot there. They came at the start of the complimentary cocktails and stayed until the bitter end. We tried going early, or going late and it never made a difference. They just would not give up their seats for anyone. Found out that most of them were Pinnacles, many in inside cabins.

Really made DH mad since we paid the freight for the suites.

By your "tone" I would take you are diamond plus or above. If they take the diamond lounge from us it will be the second time as second cruise after as diamond remove us from concierges lounge and now you are proposing it again

nope. not even Diamond yet. that will be in one more cruise but due to factors( him retiring from the Navy, new civilian job, major move) that will not happen for a couple of years.

but as a suite only cruiser, I am kind of ticked off at being given the hairy eyeball by many D+ when I enter the sacrosanct CL and made to feel very unwelcome. the first thing they all do is run their eyes over my person looking for that cruise pin. when they don't see any ( just got our Emerald one mid way last cruise) the next thing they do is adroitly) or not so) ask probing questions to find out our status. its like they forget that even a first time cruiser on a suite has every right to be in the lounge they co opted b/c the main D lounge( often despite being 'nicer' with better views 2/3 of the time) is too crowded or they have issues with the Concierge.

funnily enough, the Pinnacles all seem to lose that snobbery once they make it and become very welcoming.

We found the same situation in the CL on the Voyager, Mariner and Navigator. Never could get a seat, and it was always the same lot there. They came at the start of the complimentary cocktails and stayed until the bitter end. We tried going early, or going late and it never made a difference. They just would not give up their seats for anyone. Found out that most of them were Pinnacles, many in inside cabins.

Really made DH mad since we paid the freight for the suites.

While we had the problem on Jewel we really didn't on Navigator out of Galveston. I think that was because we did Mytime dining. So our drop in times in the lounge may have been different. The P/D+, which were a pretty big group, were always in the right corner when we walked in but were friendly and seemed to say hi as people entered. They were not an intimidating group. That was not our experience on Jewel. Also the lounge was much smaller when we were on Jewel than Navigator.

I will echo the WOW!! I am D+, but I don't drink. When in the lounge I drink water or maybe a diet soda, and, my wife might drink 2 or 3 glasses of wine. We love the lounge to just relax and meet new people.

However, maybe, I'n reading this internal memo incorrectly, but is it saying what I think it is that:

Basically, RCCL made a mistake many years ago by implementing this system of perks for frequent cruisers??? And now, they pretty much are in a bind and want all of us to go pound sand up our backside??? So, on the sneak, because the D's D+'s, Pinnacle's, and Suite people only make up a small portion of their overall alcohol profit, they are acting like the government, and being sly and sneaky, and telling their beverage staff to be like the old vacuum salesman, and push drink packages on everyone, so, they won't drink as many FREE drinks in the lounges? And, by moving categories to different types of lounges, we might get upset and just go sit elsewhere with our 3 drink vouchers and so be it?

That is how I comprehend that letter. Am I a little bit on track?

They should rename D lounge to C&A Lounge or Top Tier Lounge. Alleviate the pain. I know many who rushed to D Plus figuring they'd be grandfathered by changes. No way. The dilution (albeit minor) of Diamond perks is a disincentive to spend for Diamond Plus and makes the MSC status match appear that much better (they have two cocktail parties and send a bottle of "plonk" as well)

Wonder is Captains Club at Celeb changes too? Will see what the chatter is over there

nope. not even Diamond yet. that will be in one more cruise but due to factors( him retiring from the Navy, new civilian job, major move) that will not happen for a couple of years.

but as a suite only cruiser, I am kind of ticked off at being given the hairy eyeball by many D+ when I enter the sacrosanct CL and made to feel very unwelcome. the first thing they all do is run their eyes over my person looking for that cruise pin. when they don't see any ( just got our Emerald one mid way last cruise) the next thing they do is adroitly) or not so) ask probing questions to find out our status. its like they forget that even a first time cruiser on a suite has every right to be in the lounge they co opted b/c the main D lounge( often despite being 'nicer' with better views 2/3 of the time) is too crowded or they have issues with the Concierge.

funnily enough, the Pinnacles all seem to lose that snobbery once they make it and become very welcoming.

Go to Michaels or Hobby Lobby or Joanns and make a pin for $10 that will make their heads explode. It's great fun [emoji51] [emoji1]

People, re-read the memo.

As usual "you all" have the wrong point of view.

The C&A, i.e. Loyalty Program, is NOT to benefit YOU. It's to benefit Royal Caribbean.

Top tier people don't spend enough money on board.

These discounts are an attempt to recoup some of that revenue.

RC is NOT going to let you "share the package".

They KNOW that some people ONLY drink the free drinks.

They want to entice you into spending SOMETHING on board!

And yes, Herman, there are several mistakes.

out

in to

Emerald is missing

Penultimate sentence has no subject.

But the tone makes me laugh. Bald-faced wording: "Let's get some money out of those grubby, cheap, top tier *guests*. Damn it, how dare they want to take full advantage of the perks that we have been dangling in front of them".

;)

Well, that letter is a bit of a slap in the face. Funny thing is, we still won't buy the drink package, even if they took the lounge and free vouchers away from us Lowly Diamonds. We just don't drink enough to justify it. We like the D Lounge for the atmosphere and a pre-dinner appetizer. We will usually get a glass of wine each, but just one a night. My DH will sometimes get a soda before the evening is done. During the cruise I may get one or two foo-foo drinks, but I usually get those by the solarium pool during the day and pay full boat anyway. Still not enough to justify a drink package. They may not be making as much on us as they would like, but they are not losing much, either!

For the suite passenger who felt like she/he was being looked down upon in the lounge - I have never worn my D pin (Can't say I even know where it is or if I ever got one for that matter) and I have never felt as if I am being scrutinized and I certainly have never thought to question if anyone in the D Lounge is really supposed to be there. I have been on four cruises since we became Diamond and have not seen that at all. Not saying you are imagining it, but my guess is that a very small minority are making you feel that way and you should ignore them.

Sorry, it's Cruising Grandma, and she said:

We have been told this week on Liberty that all ships in Royal Caribbean fleet will change over to a Diamond lounge for Diamond and Diamond Plus and a Suite Lounge for Suites and Pinnacles. With over 400 D, D+ onboard, it's quite challenging to get a seat or drink in the DL.

I waited too long to edit my original post.

Don't care about the drinks, are the snacks in DL same as CL? I like the hot salmon bites and egg rolls.

People, re-read the memo.

As usual "you all" have the wrong point of view.

The C&A, i.e. Loyalty Program, is NOT to benefit YOU. It's to benefit Royal Caribbean.

Top tier people don't spend enough money on board.

These discounts are an attempt to recoup some of that revenue.

RC is NOT going to let you "share the package".

They KNOW that some people ONLY drink the free drinks.

They want to entice you into spending SOMETHING on board!

And yes, Herman, there are several mistakes.

out

in to

Emerald is missing

Penultimate sentence has no subject.

But the tone makes me laugh. Bald-faced wording: "Let's get some money out of those grubby, cheap, top tier *guests*. Damn it, how dare they want to take full advantage of the perks that we have been dangling in front of them".

;)

I agree but what I am saying is IF they make the drink package sharable for D's people might actually buy it. But 30% off a $60 per person package isn't incentive at all. Now $40 for 2 people maybe people would do it.