Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

I hope this is on Freedom when I cruise. I've been on the fence about buying a drink package and a 30% discount will tilt me to doing it. Guess I'm their target demographic. That marketing will work for me!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I hope that it will be in August on Allure. I could really use a 30% discount on my pop card and DW for her RP package. We buy them anyway, why not get 30% off. Being D+ and Suite cruisers we can get enough freebies in the SL or DL but never take advantage of them. I would gladly take a discount during our daytime alcohol free beverage consumption.

It is a bit more disappointing that FB Managers are possibly not rolling out the program, when they could.

This was part of a posting on Facebook from someone who just returned from a B2B on Liberty.

" D+ members that booked months ago not "grandfathered" into the Suite Lounge after the 3 April change, rendering the Diamond lounge a zoo."

I think its safe to say that this will be the norm.

Thanks for sharing the latest C&A intel. We sailed Navigator last week and had no issue with just one C&A party. I remember the C&A events being a true "show" (main theatre or ice show) years ago. I see no reason to attend the "top tier & Mario" show on Navigator.

We have had no issue with DL crowding on our recent cruises (Nav, Adv, Brilliance, Jewel). The lounges are busy early so we stay away until after 6PM. I loved the walk up bar in the DL on Navigator. That appeared to reduce the workload on the staff.

This was part of a posting on Facebook from someone who just returned from a B2B on Liberty.

" D+ members that booked months ago not "grandfathered" into the Suite Lounge after the 3 April change, rendering the Diamond lounge a zoo."

I think its safe to say that this will be the norm.

Why would you find that surprising or worth sharing? It is a suite and pinnacle lounge. It is not a sort of concierge lounge any longer. :p

And we aren't eligible. But it is their program. Since the drink packages have been introduced, we don't really bother with the lounges anymore. :D

Why would you find that surprising or worth sharing? It is a suite and pinnacle lounge. It is not a sort of concierge lounge any longer. :p

And we aren't eligible. But it is their program. Since the drink packages have been introduced, we don't really bother with the lounges anymore. :D

I didn't find it surprising at all and in so far as "worth sharing," I only posted it to help confirm what others have expressed with regard to what the DL will become when and if it goes fleet wide.

Note the very first sentence on the Royal caribbean home website explaining CAS benefits, this has been on all of our members pages for years:

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefits.do

General Terms & Conditions

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has the right to terminate the Crown & Anchor Society® Program ("the Program") or to change the Terms and Conditions of participation and benefits, in whole or in part; at any time without notice. Membership may be terminated at our sole discretion for anyone appearing to be utilizing the Program in a manner inconsistent with its terms, conditions, or intent. To qualify as a Crown & Anchor Society member, you must have taken at least one eligible Royal Caribbean cruise. Program level accrual is based on the number of eligible cruise points earned per individual. Cruise Points will be accrued at the end of each completed sailing. Guests are eligible for Gold membership in the Crown & Anchor Society after one completed cruise. After 30 completed cruise points, they are eligible to become Platinum members. After 55 completed cruise points they are eligible to become Emerald members. After 80 completed cruise points they are eligible to become Diamond Members. After 175 completed cruise points they are eligible to become Diamond Plus members. And those who have 700 or more completed cruise points are eligible to become Pinnacle Club members.....

Which one is better on Rhapsody? Hmmm.... might as well hang out in the CL - might be a while till the next time I book a suite.

Although often more crowded in the DL than the CL the DL has an aft view and the CL has a port side view. Also, during aerial shows, the elevators to the CL are shut down which has caused us to be very late to diner due to the DW not being able to do stairs.

Sorry for those that don't believe the 'rumors' but, I have confirmation from officers onboard that these changes are occurring. And, there will be restrictions to D Lounge access, D+/PC. The CL will be renamed the SL for suites and PC only. D members will have 3 drink vouchers on card. This has been in the works for quite awhile and should come as no great surprise to anyone, imho.

OK - I'm officially confused!

This thread started off saying the Diamond Lounge access would remain for Diamonds & D+, & the CL would be for Pinnacle & Suite guests only.

But you say Diamonds will lose access altogether.

On our recent VOS cruise out of Sydney there were 98 Diamonds & 12 D+, no Pinnacles. The DL was busy in the evening but not impossible to get a seat & Australian cruises usually have a lot less Diamond or above since Royal has been here for a shorter time & we don't get those cheap 4 day cruises etc. Shortest cruise in Australia apart from a sampler is about 8 days, but average 11 nights.

If they take away the DL for Diamonds it will basically be empty 90% of the time on Australian cruises - so wonder if this will be a fleet wide change if they do remove D's from the DL??

If they make the top tier event Diamond & above only as someone suggested may happen it will be a small affair here as well.

We also pay more for our cruises & get less perks than US passengers, so we have earned our current Diamond level paying mostly for balcony cabins, so not a low cost venture for us. I would be miffed if they take the DL away from us a few cruises after we attained it - because that is were we make friends - I don't care about the drinks as I don't drink more than 3 a day anyway.

If Royal want to annoy the least number of cruisers then Diamond members would outway D+ & Pinnacle I would assume? So keeping the DL for Diamonds would make more sense from that perspective.

We are still a good 4-5 cruises away from D+ unless we take suites, so on the flip side if they deny Diamonds the DL then I guess it is an negative sort of encouragement to stick with Royal to attain D+ level.

But if Celebrity still give Diamonds access to their lounge area happy hours we might do more cruises on Solstice because we want that social interaction & not worry about pushing for D+ status.

No matter what they do seems some people will be upset by the changes - I guess all of us on here are all just hoping it isn't us!

This thread started off saying the Diamond Lounge access would remain for Diamonds & D+, & the CL would be for Pinnacle & Suite guests only.

Join the club, I have been confused since page 8 (on mobile)

Such a cliche. You spoiled your argument with your generalizations. Most of it is just plain wrong. How would you know, anyway, since apparently, you never took the opportunity to talk to any of the people you are maligning.

I have to tell you that most people do not spend their time in the lounge talking about their status, whether it is C&A, suite, whatever. And even on the most crowded cruises, we have managed to go at a time when there was room to sit down. And sorry (not sorry!) for wanting to sit and chat with my friends in the lounge. If I want to spend an hour having drinks with them, who are you to criticize?

Thank you.

except it IS NOT just an hour. it's all freaking night. with large cliques taking over 98% of the seating. and trust me, I HAVE experienced exactly that: long conversations on what ship treats it's Pinnacles better, how to squeeze every last bit of perk or benefit out of being D+ and bragging about spending next to no money on an inside cabin and never sending another dime once on board.

when the CL is SRO FOURTY FIVE MINUTES before cocktail hour begins and does not empty out until just before it ends, something needs to be done. it got so bad that one of us got ready early so we could go and stake a claim to a pair of seats anywhere. and even then half the time one of us ended up standing behind the other. when the Concierge loses his desk chair every single night all night so someone with mobility issues who has to leave their ECV outside b/c it will not fit inside the lounge at all can enjoy a single glass of cheap white wine, there is an issue.

No matter what they do seems some people will be upset by the changes - I guess all of us on here are all just hoping it isn't us!

Until Royal comes out with some announcement.....there is little to be confused about.....at present it is what it is.....and in the future, Royal can change the offerings at any time they want.....it is THERE program. When they announce it, we'll know....until then, don't waste your time being officially or unofficially confused.

When it comes out from Royal, I will know what the changes are...until then this just fuels the 'rumor mill'.

RUMOR: "a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth."

There is confirmation from many sources as cited by several people on this and other threads. Most of us do not consider this a story of uncertain or doubtful truth. We've known from Royal that there are changes coming as of May 1. Hardly just fuel "for a rumor mill."

But ah....to each his own

One other D+ perk that may also go is access to the reserved seating section in the theatres.

I was on Vision this past January and February and during one of the sailings I was politely told that because of the number of Pinnacles and Suite guests on that sailing that D+ would not be allowed into the area until after the 10 minutes to show time had passed. During the other sailings D+ did not have to wait.

It makes perfect sense. They are solving the problem they care about -- suite guests and Pinnacles not finding seating in the CL.

Respectfully disagree.

We have visited both the DL and CL on the same cruise. More often than not, it is the DL which is overcrowded while the CL can be virtually empty.

Yes, it varies by ship and date, but the facts are simple... forcing all D+ into the DL will ADD to the overcrowding.

Respectfully disagree.

We have visited both the DL and CL on the same cruise. More often than not, it is the DL which is overcrowded while the CL can be virtually empty.

Yes, it varies by ship and date, but the facts are simple... forcing all D+ into the DL will ADD to the overcrowding.

I don't disagree that the DL will be more crowded. What I am saying is that Royal is more interested in making Suite guests and Pinnacles happy--suite guests spend a lot of money for those cabins. So, they are solving the problem as they see it.

One other D+ perk that may also go is access to the reserved seating section in the theatres.

I was on Vision this past January and February and during one of the sailings I was politely told that because of the number of Pinnacles and Suite guests on that sailing that D+ would not be allowed into the area until after the 10 minutes to show time had passed. During the other sailings D+ did not have to wait.

But Sophie, you said that you will be Pinnacle in 3 years....that is a really short time in the scheme of things. Congratulations! :D

We are hoping to retire in 3 or 4 years. Also a really short time. And maybe we can cruise more often. :D I don't really understand why you are worried. You are closer than many of us.

RUMOR: "a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth."

There is confirmation from many sources as cited by several people on this and other threads. Most of us do not consider this a story of uncertain or doubtful truth. We've known from Royal that there are changes coming as of May 1. Hardly just fuel "for a rumor mill."

But ah....to each his own

Right but what's offical rumor, no D's in Diamond Lounge? Or D's in Diamond Lounge? All the other rumors have had uniformity except this 1

If this is true they need to rename it to the Diamond Plus Lounge.

So which rumor is true Diamond Lounge for D and D+ or D+ and P? We've heard both in this thread.

What they should do is rename the Diamond Lounge as the Concierge Lounge now that the CL is the SL.

That way in 5 years the CL can be PC only. :eek:

What they should do is rename the Diamond Lounge as the Concierge Lounge now that the CL is the SL.

That way in 5 years the CL can be PC only. :eek:

If they remove D's for DL I will feel like I am chasing the dragon I can never catch. Always just out reach and then they change it

I'm not worried, just disappointed. Oftentimes, I only get to touch base with people who I have met through the years when we are in the CL.

Thanks for the Congrats. It's been a long expensive haul--I am one of those solo travelers (retired since 2010 and cruising more since then) who paid for many balconies and the occasional JS and only got single points until that changed a couple of years ago.

With any luck and good health, I will make it to Pinnacle before they raise the bar for that level to 1000--in which case, I will be dead instead of Pinnacle...:-)

We each received (at least) 25% off the drink packages on Serenade Barry. I think Bill's was closer to 40% on the premium package. We purchased onboard, and I was told 25% for the select package. When it didn't appear, we went down to guest relations; they emailed the F&B Mgr., and I eventually received it. Peter received the discount, too....but I didn't know that you purchased packages. :)

Patti, you are right. I usually don't. I was going to purchase it onboard to try it out but we were told it was full price and no discount. So, I passed. [emoji6]

Edited by TexCruise371

I don't disagree that the DL will be more crowded. What I am saying is that Royal is more interested in making Suite guests and Pinnacles happy--suite guests spend a lot of money for those cabins. So, they are solving the problem as they see it.

RR - I agree that in the last year, RCCL has decided to go all in on their marketing to suite guests... That is absolutely true. The problem for them is that in solving one problem, they are worsening another.

The original posting did not address the D/D+ in the Diamond Lounge; it was Cruising Grandma who said: We have been told this week on Liberty that all ships in Royal Caribbean fleet will change over to a Diamond lounge for Diamond and Diamond Plus and a Suite Lounge for Suites and Pinnacles. With over 400 D, D+ onboard, it's quite challenging to get a seat or drink in the DL.

This is what she was told on Liberty this week; but then Liberty has been known not to play the game as other ships in the past:rolleyes: