Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

We, on the Explorer, have already enjoyed our May 1st. It's dinner and drinks time....6:45pm. All is well. No doomsday, but also no VOOMsday. See what I did there? ;)

Thanks for making me smile on my first day back from a cruise. :)

After some reflection, I feel

I should apologize to John and Ray who expressed negative comments about my

description of suite life aboard Oasis of the Seas.

Suite life is not for everyone and the few perks provided are not worth the

additional cost of the eligible suites. Certainly, suites are not a requisite for

enjoyment of your cruise.

Addiction to the suite life is a very personal thing. In my case, I have recurrent prostate cancer with probably three years of additional life expectancy so I am going to enjoy the suites. I fly business class when it is available. I like the lounges at the airports. I stay on the Concierge or Club floors at hotels. I am leasing a penthouse on one of Florida's beautiful beaches. I bought a Cadillac which will last me the rest of days.....and I seriously considering resuming my enjoyment of Cuban cigars.

In short, it may be rubbish to you guys but I am going to enjoy it as long as

I have the wherewithal to do so.

Here, here! Well said. We, too, are looking at our mortality and enjoying the good life while we can. I do not mind spending a few extra $$$'s for an increased comfort level.

Thanks for making me smile on my first day back from a cruise. :)

Here, here! Well said. We, too, are looking at our mortality and enjoying the good life while we can. I do not mind spending a few extra $$$'s for an increased comfort level.

No VOOM on Serenade either for my Friends on board.

Yes, we are happy just to be able to cruise when health lets us!!! Life gets in the way of having fun sometimes.:eek:

On that basis how would they deal with Pinnacle Members that are in a Suite ?

I would assume, as it is being done now and in the past, that the higher benefit color level would prevail. Your card would be the relevant suite color with Pinnacle printed on the bottom.

But you already knew that, didn't you? :rolleyes: :)

Edited by travelgoddess1

I think you are probably correct, but as we rarely book suites, and have not stayed in one since they introduced the new card colours ( in the last 2 weeks ) I am not sure what they will do. Time will tell, hope you are both keeping well, we need to sail on the same ship again soon, are you doing Harmony ? :D

I would assume, as it is being done now and in the past, that the higher benefit color level would prevail. Your card would be the relevant suite color with Pinnacle printed on the bottom.

But you already knew that, didn't you? :rolleyes: :)

I think you are probably correct, but as we rarely book suites, and have not stayed in one since they introduced the new card colours ( in the last 2 weeks ) I am not sure what they will do. Time will tell, hope you are both keeping well, we need to sail on the same ship again soon, are you doing Harmony ? :D

I agree, it's been too long. We are on Harmony next January into February. :) (Time will tell with the colors.)

On Allure right now.

Just checked the colour of my sea pass card against the napkin which came with my beer .

The card is definitely white.

Last night in the theatre for the priority reserved seating the guy was holding a sign

"Reserved for gold card holders only".

I explained we used to have gold cards but now we have white did we still have access.

He told me they hadn't made a new sign yet but yes we still had access, talk about confusion.

So far the biggest surprise was the colour of the card, everything else is as is but I suppose being on Allure is not a regular comparison.

On Allure right now.

Just checked the colour of my sea pass card against the napkin which came with my beer .

The card is definitely white.

Last night in the theatre for the priority reserved seating the guy was holding a sign

"Reserved for gold card holders only".

I explained we used to have gold cards but now we have white did we still have access.

He told me they hadn't made a new sign yet but yes we still had access, talk about confusion.

So far the biggest surprise was the colour of the card, everything else is as is but I suppose being on Allure is not a regular comparison.

I hope the confusion among the crew over different-colored cards is not as great as it was in 2011 when Pinnacle tier was created. Many crew just saw the "P" at the beginning of the word and thought we were Platinum -- not that there's anything wrong with that. :rolleyes:

Edited by travelgoddess1

I have been trying to follow this thread to see what changes have been made. Please forgive me if I have missed what actually changed. We are booked on the Enchantment next month. We are Diamond level and booked in the Royal suite. Do any of these changes affect us in either positive or negative ways? And did RCI really change the suite passengers sea pass to white from gold?

I may have underestimated the 200 post count which will discuss the color of Seapass cards.:cool:

Biker, this thread should still be going strong well after you return from your upcoming cruise. I don't think you will miss much.;)

Biker, this thread should still be going strong well after you return from your upcoming cruise. I don't think you will miss much.;)

So, what color Seapass card am I going to get for my GS cabin? I'll be sure to use up my two free days of Internet checking up on this thread.:rolleyes:

That trip to Venice is not coming fast enough.

I hope the confusion among the crew over different-colored cards is not as great as it was in 2011 when Pinnacle tier was created. Many crew just saw the "P" at the beginning of the word and thought we were Platinum -- not that there's anything wrong with that. :rolleyes:

We had that problem checking in last Sept. They didn't know Pinnacles got a Gold Card....this was the End of the Season?:rolleyes:

Now to mix it up with all kinds of colours it is going to be a challenge at the check in desks......:D

So as we approach 1500 :eek: let me see if I am up to speed.

There has been NO breaking news.

Oasis and Quantum class now have different colored cards just to send C&A and CC members into ANOTHER frenzy of panic and speculation.

Concierge Lounge alive and well EXCEPT on ships that have SUITE Lounge and DIAMOND Lounge.

No Diamonds have been harmed in the process.

Am I good?

Oasis and Quantum class now have different colored cards just to send C&A and CC members into ANOTHER frenzy of panic and speculation.

Concierge Lounge alive and well EXCEPT on ships that have SUITE Lounge and DIAMOND Lounge.

Am I good?

I think you got everything.

Am I good?

Sounds like CNN Breaking News worthy for sure... :D:D:D

Do not Pass go, do not collect 200 Cruise Points, go straight to post 1493 :eek:

Am I good?

I apologize (not) for asking a question that you somehow find offensive. You are apparently the judge of what should and shouldn't be discussed.

You'd have to wade through 1400+ posts to understand what's going on in this thread and how some have ridiculed the whole issue. No, you likely won't see any changes on your Enchantment cruise. For the cliffs notes of the past 1500 posts, see above.

I think this should be posted at the top of every page - with adjustments as needed - maybe something did change at the 340 point mark?

We are D+ and on Navigator now in a suite. No talk in either of the lounges on any changes here. I will say we have had the wifi since yesterday and it is very fast!! Made me a happy cruiser!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk