Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

While this thread has escaped scrutiny, if there too much post whoring or the conversation veers too much off topic, the mods have been known to close threads and/or delete posts.:cool: PW+1

Agree with that - it's been in danger sometimes of too many in-jokes or off-topic asides.

So .....to post an on-topic comment....

I have to agree with ChipLondon's post in that I can't see RC introducing changes to the scheme without announcing them first and giving a lead time. Whether the changes are major (eg all CL's become suite lounges) or minor (eg upgraded bathroom amenties no longer available) there will inevitably be complainers onboard when these changes happen. By pre-announcing them they should hopefully reduce the long lines at Guest Relations which would ensue had they been announced without pre-warning

Edited by Bobal

Agree with that - it's been in danger sometimes of too many in-jokes or off-topic asides.

So .....to post an on-topic comment....

I have to agree with ChipLondon's post in that I can't see RC introducing changes to the scheme without announcing them first and giving a lead time. Whether the changes are major (eg all CL's become suite lounges) or minor (eg upgraded bathroom amenties no longer available) there will inevitably be complainers onboard when these changes happen. By pre-announcing them they should hopefully reduce the long lines at Guest Relations which would ensue had they been announced without pre-warning

When we were ousted from the CL being Diamonds, the date was announced with enough time before it was enacted. We were told to leave mid-cruise on the exact date it was to start.

ON INDY

Signage on CL and DL have not changed

SO no SL, as of today MAY 1st, on Indy

We are on Indy as well and very happy that, not only no changes but every lounge is open for cocktails for the crossing. Concierge, however is for Diamond+ and above.

Jewel of the Seas April 28 sailing. No predicted May 1 changes on this sailing.

1. VOOM Internet

2. Welcome back party is tomorrow night.

3. Pinnacle invited to lunch with an officer......no Captain's Table any night so far.

4. Upgraded bathroom amenities in Suite and available upon request for others.

5. 38 PC, 300 D+, not sure how many D.

6. Suite, D+, and PC have access to the CL.

The changes, had they come true on May 1, wouldn't effect your sailing as they usually would go into effect the cruise starting on or after the implementation date.

Many people are hanging on and joking about May 1 because for over a year May 1, 2016 has been the day it has been "RUMORED" to take effect and people have been saying that day over and over again.... Just like January of 2015, as well as December 2014 and December 2103 which all had days in them that people were told by VIP's that the changes would take effect and everyone was certain it would take effect back then. I remember back in December of 2013 AND December 2014 people on the cruises I was on were going to the Loyalty/Cruise Sales Mgr EVERY DAY before and after the imaginary rumored date asking what the changes would be and why nothing had been announced.

Edited by Firefighterhoop

The changes, had they come true on May 1, wouldn't effect your sailing as they usually would go into effect the cruise starting on or after the implementation date.

Many people are hanging on and joking about May 1 because for over a year May 1, 2016 has been the day it has been "RUMORED" to take effect and people have been saying that day over and over again.... Just like January of 2015, as well as December 2014 and December 2103 which all had days in them that people were told by VIP's that the changes would take effect and everyone was certain it would take effect back then. I remember back in December of 2013 AND December 2014 people on the cruises I was on were going to the Loyalty/Cruise Sales Mgr EVERY DAY before and after the imaginary rumored date asking what the changes would be and why nothing had been announced.

Yeah it was also suppose to occur on 5/1/11 & 1/1/12 also, lol

Well, I am now hearing of some changes on Allure to SeaPass Cards. I have close family and some friends on there now that boarded today.

NO MORE GOLD CARDS.

Whoever had Blue Cards before have Blue Cards still

Suites and Pinnacle - WHITE

Star Class/Royal Suite - BLACK

Again, hearing this from friends and family on board. There could be other colors they haven't seen yet, assuming it has to do with the new Suite Class that started today. Not hearing of any changes to Diamond Club or any other RCCL Crown and Anchor Benefits yet.

Well, I am now hearing of some changes on Allure. I have close family and some friends on there now that boarded today.

NO MORE GOLD CARDS.

Again, hearing this from friends and family on board. There could be other colors they haven't seen yet.

The color of the SeaPass Cards area only different on Anthem, Oasis, Allure and Harmony as they are the only ships that have implemented the Royal Suite Program.

Here is a link explaining the new colors on the Seapass cards on Quantum and Oasis Class ships:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/s...postcount=3720

All Other ships will have the normal color SeaPass Cards with Gold going to Suite Guests and PC Members.

Edited by cruisenfever

The color of the SeaPass Cards area only different on Anthem, Oasis, Allure and Harmony as they are the only ships that have implemented the Royal Suite Program.

Star Class is Purple-Plum (because that is the color of the Royal Genie's outfits).

Skye Class is Turquoise

Sea Class is Blue

Pinnacle Club is Ivory

All Other ships will have the normal color SeaPass Cards with Gold going to Suite Guests and PC Members.

Do we know if Pinnacle Guests will still get access to Barefoot Beach and other benefits that we used to when they had the same color card as Suites?

And thanks, I missed that post yesterday :) Perhaps they saw the dark blue and thought it was Black. Agian, they just boarded today so may have not had a chance to see everything.

Do we know if Pinnacle Guests will still get access to Barefoot Beach and other benefits that we used to when they had the same color card as Suites?

PC Members fall under Skye Class, so yes, Barefoot beach is still available when booking a cruise on Quantum/Oasis class ships.

Note:I edited my post above to reflect the correct colors.:o

Is this why, on my 4/17 -4/27 Grandeur cruise, I did not get the backstage tour? My C&A representative said this was not a Diamond perk, but a D+ perk.

"Diamond and above members are eligible for Entertainment tour only. Behind the Scenes Tours including the Galley, Bridge, and enhanced Entertainment Tour with VIP Theater Experience available only on cruise vacations of 5 nights or longer to Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members. Behind-the-scenes entertainment tour does not include galley or bridge tours for Diamond members."

Although on The Ovation Pinnacles did have White Cards for one sailing, and then back tpo Gold on the next. However the sign in the theater did show White Cards, shame that some of the crew did not know what a White Card was for as they had not been told of changes.

Well, I am now hearing of some changes on Allure to SeaPass Cards. I have close family and some friends on there now that boarded today.

NO MORE GOLD CARDS.

Again, hearing this from friends and family on board. There could be other colors they haven't seen yet, assuming it has to do with the new Suite Class that started today. Not hearing of any changes to Diamond Club or any other RCCL Crown and Anchor Benefits yet.

Mine was really White, Unless I have gone colour blind :D

What's old is new again. Pearl was one of the old card colors. I have them for Gold, Platinum, and Diamond voyages

cc27a86222b1a6f47cdabfdfd6573250.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Again, just reporting back on what I was given from people on the ship :cool:

Hopefully others from other ships will keep reporting any changes (Or non changes as well)

It is Pearl or Ivory, as both have been mentioned. But I think it actually a white card. :D:):D