Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

My contact, who had just gotten the e-mail from shoreside two days earlier, said there would be enhancements (or some like phraseology) to the C&A program. I will always believe that corporate people, including all officers on board the ships, will put a positive spin on any news coming from headquarters.

Yes, it's always 'to better serve our customers', no matter what it is.

Yep. Way back when my company was struggling a bit, but we still needed to gather our reps in town, our published agenda stated "you are free to have dinner at any restaurant of your choosing". Translation: we can't afford to buy your dinner.

Which sounds better?

Wish I could remember the exact wording they used when they stopped mailing out luggage tags. I know it was something to the effect that the new process would make things easier for us.

Wish I could remember the exact wording they used when they stopped mailing out luggage tags. I know it was something to the effect that the new process would make things easier for us.

We would be on B2Bs- I would request Cruise #1 Luggage Tags and RCL would mail out the other cruises too? which I did not request. They were sitting there when we got home.

This has happened more than once and has since we turned Pinnacle and I ordered only Cruise #1 of the B2Bs.

We will be on 5/23 after dry dock. Can you see if you can find out about any potential for a concierge or any CL or DL additions? I am aware nearly all the upgrades were canceled unfortunately . Much appreciated! Enjoy your cruise!

No major changes....

It will get the movie screen. The Voom. Spit and polish. No ones sure about a water slide.

Edited by MattInFLL

Here is a link explaining the new colors on the Seapass cards on Quantum and Oasis Class ships:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=49861836&postcount=3720

Thanks. I can only imagine the conversations about colors/C&A status etc. At least before we just had gold/silver cards and C&A status. Now we have a whole color spectrum to enjoy! Remember those lanyard threads - well this should spark that again!

Thanks again

m

Edited by cruisegirl1

Thought this would be a good place to ask. On your C&A login page, if you go to profile or reservation page there is a tab labeled "Messages". Has any of you ever received a message? I check it once in a while and have for many cruises over the years and never received anything. I would expect something once in a while, whether it is a reminder or a change in policy. Just wondering.

Dave

No major changes....

It will get the movie screen. The Voom. Spit and polish. No ones sure about a water slide.

Thanks Matt! That's what I was expecting but hoping for more. We have a GS booked for 5/23 and it seems now pretty useless on this ship with no Concierge or Suite lounge available. We've done all the Sovereign and Monarchs and had hoped we were through with this once we had the Enchantment. Of course that was switched with the Majesty. We've already made our final payment but won't do it again.

Edited by torpeedo

Thought this would be a good place to ask. On your C&A login page, if you go to profile or reservation page there is a tab labeled "Messages". Has any of you ever received a message? I check it once in a while and have for many cruises over the years and never received anything. I would expect something once in a while, whether it is a reminder or a change in policy. Just wondering.

Dave

NEVER - Not even when the night prior to a cruise our itinerary was changed from Eastern to Western Carib. Got a text and an email, but nothing on the message page. Honestly, I rarely check that section any more. M

Edited by cruisegirl1

NEVER - Not even when the night prior to a cruise our itinerary was changed from Eastern to Western Carib. Got a text and an email, but nothing on the message page. Honestly, I rarely check that section any more. M

That makes me feel better. I thought it was just me (sniff). Oooh look, its Wine Time.

Just received this regarding my cruise on the Anthem 5/5. Note, invitation is for Diamond Lounge only.

"As a Diamond Plus member, you'll receive exclusive benefits and privileges on your upcoming voyage, including:

• Priority Check In & Complimentary Water: Enjoy priority boarding & two bottles of complimentary water in your stateroom upon arrival.

• Onboard Offers: Be sure to reference the Welcome Letter in your stateroom on embarkation day to view the great onboard offers for shopping; VitalitySM Day Spa, Internet Café, and other activities.

• Lounge Access: Enjoy exclusive access to the Diamond Club where you can relax and mingle with other Crown & Anchor Society members.

• Nightly Happy Hour: Enjoy three complimentary drink vouchers during the nightly happy hour (times vary by ship).

• Next Cruise Bonus: Up to $500 credit in instant onboard credit, when you book your next cruise onboard. Visit the next cruise desk for details.

• Balcony & Suite Discounts: Book your next cruise onboard in a Balcony or Suite stateroom and enjoy savings; combine this offer with the Next Cruise Bonus and save more!

Thank you for your continued loyalty and have a wonderful voyage!"

Edited by lakelorain

Can I say I am happy with the change? No. I reach D+ on my upcoming cruise but am booked in a GS anyway so I guess it won't affect me until I cruise in the future. But after seeing the number of people using both the Viking Crown lounge and the overflow in the Colony Club on our last cruise you knew something had to give. Still not sure this is the end of it. I am not loyal to Royal but up to now it has been by favored cruise line. But travel is opening your eyes to other parts of the world, meeting new people from all over the world and trying new things. This can be done on Royal or any other cruise line. These changes just level the playing field for me. Never had a bad cruise on any line. It is what it is and any day at sea is better than a day sitting home.

Dave

Can you please let me know if Diamond Plus have access to Concierge Lounge. I specifically booked an aft balcony on deck 9 for easy access. Thank you!

Really annoyed now, if I knew this when booking would never have picked this room. BUMMER!!!!!

As I explained to you on the other thread, you are NOT "near" the Concierge Lounge by picking an aft balcony. The Lounge is roughly midship and the aft cabins are, well, on the aft. Half a ship away. Once you make the trek all the way from your AFT cabin to the elevators, where the Concierge Lounge is, it's really not extra effort to push the elevator button and go up to Deck 14, where the Diamond Lounge is.

We just got off of a 3 day sailing. We normally sail in a Gs or above on most ships and run across suite guest and high level c and a. On this enchantment cruise we only saw 2 other couples during cocktail hour. There were several c and a members. If they go to a suite only then the poor concierge and bar server won't end up with any tips.

O.k., we have friends on Explorer right now. One was kind enough to take pictures of the doors to the two lounges.

THE CONCIERGE LOUNGE HAS NOT HAD ITS SIGN CHANGED! IT IS STILL THE CONCIERGE LOUNGE!

I don't why at least two posters have said it was changed, but as of 6:15 this evening it is still the same.

I would have gladly attached the photo but sadly have no idea how to, nor do I necessarily want to get into a long discussion of how to do it.

Getting tired of mere speculation and even incorrect information!

Edited by yogimax

O.k., we have friends on Explorer right now. One was kind enough to take pictures of the doors to the two lounges.

THE CONCIERGE LOUNGE HAS NOT HAD ITS SIGN CHANGED! IT IS STILL THE CONCIERGE LOUNGE!

I don't why at least two posters have said it was changed, but as of 6:15 this evening it is still the same.

I would have gladly attached the photo but sadly have no idea how to, nor do I necessarily want to get into a long discussion of how to do it.

Getting tired of mere speculation and even incorrect information!

I have friends on EX right now as well.

ONE says that his D+ card still opens the CL door.

ONE says that D+ are no longer allowed in the CL.

So, as much confusing information is flowing as ever!

Edited by Merion_Mom

Just received this regarding my cruise on the Anthem 5/5. Note, invitation is for Diamond Lounge only.

"As a Diamond Plus member, you'll receive exclusive benefits and privileges on your upcoming voyage, including:

• Priority Check In & Complimentary Water: Enjoy priority boarding & two bottles of complimentary water in your stateroom upon arrival.

• Onboard Offers: Be sure to reference the Welcome Letter in your stateroom on embarkation day to view the great onboard offers for shopping; VitalitySM Day Spa, Internet Café, and other activities.

• Lounge Access: Enjoy exclusive access to the Diamond Club where you can relax and mingle with other Crown & Anchor Society members.

• Nightly Happy Hour: Enjoy three complimentary drink vouchers during the nightly happy hour (times vary by ship).

• Next Cruise Bonus: Up to $500 credit in instant onboard credit, when you book your next cruise onboard. Visit the next cruise desk for details.

• Balcony & Suite Discounts: Book your next cruise onboard in a Balcony or Suite stateroom and enjoy savings; combine this offer with the Next Cruise Bonus and save more!

Thank you for your continued loyalty and have a wonderful voyage!"

Are you interpreting this to mean that they don't have 3 coupons on their seapass to use at any bar during DL hours?