Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

True that.

JS on Quantum class have access to CK as well, yet there hasn't been any access/crowding issues there. Many from both JS and above still dine elsewhere, plus with the spread times it works.

I think some of that is because CK on Quantum is a restaurant only. Oasis class ships have the adjacent Suite Lounge where guests can get complimentary drinks during dinner.

Curious how that will play out with the new named benefit of dinner in CK for those in a JS. Will they be offered complimentary drinks like those with a Gold card? If so, more might want to dine in CK.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I think some of that is because CK on Quantum is a restaurant only. Oasis class ships have the adjacent Suite Lounge where guests can get complimentary drinks during dinner.

Curious how that will play out with the new named benefit of dinner in CK for those in a JS. Will they be offered complimentary drinks like those with a Gold card? If so, more might want to dine in CK.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We were served wine on Oasis without a Gold card.

We were on the cruise preceding this TA sailing. Our cruise had approx. 300-400 elite and above passengers and the evening cocktail hour in the sky lounge was in full swing. On the TA that was to follow our sailing, there were well over 1000 elite and higher on this cruise. It was already planned ahead of time that they would be moving to the voucher system for that cruise as the sky lounge just didn't have the capacity to seat all those passengers. According to those that worked in the Sky Lounge, they were still going to remain open for those that wanted the traditional experience but they were also going to open other areas / bars up with appetizers for overflow. I am sure it was going to be needed as I don't believe the TAs offer the drink package as a complimentary perk.

Years ago we did a Century 15 day Hawaii. There were about 1200 Elite (not sure how many Century holds but maybe around 2000?) They held the event in "12 forward" (don't remember what the real name was, can you tell I'm a Trekie?) They tried to serve us with like 4 or 5 servers. An officer made the mistake of walking into the lounge........................

We experienced that on several Celebrity cruises. The lounge was open, plus you had the 3 coupons (at that time it was physical coupons). This was long before RCI gave the 3 coupons.

Difference being with Celebrity, when they use vouchers there is no event, so yes the lounge is still open but you have to use your vouchers to get drinks there, instead of free flow drinks AND vouchers as is the case with Royal. There would also not be any canapés and nibbles in the lounge. We have experienced that when an excess of Elite and higher are travelling, also when the main lounge has been closed for Art Auctions, Private Group functions and so on.

Although I really shouldn't say this; IF Royal was to move to vouchers only for Diamonds, I feel they really need to up the number to at least 4 and move the happy hour times to a standard 4-8pm daily on each ship, then the suite guests and the D+/PC guests could have a lounge each to themselves. Not the way I want to see the perks go though.

Yes, the 340 crowd. It is the level you get breakfast and a second bottle of wine.

340 for meal, 350 for second amenity, 525 for third amenity. All D+ to me.

Thanks for the meal info. With so many reaching higher numbers, I wouldn't be surprised if the upped points needed for the D+ meal (usually breakfast or lunch ) with an officer.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Difference being with Celebrity, when they use vouchers there is no event, so yes the lounge is still open but you have to use your vouchers to get drinks there, instead of free flow drinks AND vouchers as is the case with Royal. There would also not be any canapés and nibbles in the lounge. We have experienced that when an excess of Elite and higher are travelling, also when the main lounge has been closed for Art Auctions, Private Group functions and so on.

Although I really shouldn't say this; IF Royal was to move to vouchers only for Diamonds, I feel they really need to up the number to at least 4 and move the happy hour times to a standard 4-8pm daily on each ship, then the suite guests and the D+/PC guests could have a lounge each to themselves. Not the way I want to see the perks go though.

Thanks. They've changed it then. A few years ago they had both the regular lounge and coupons.

Karen is on Radiance and reports that the D++ and the Pinnacles are indeed having separate meals with an officer. No word on a Captains Table for PC though.

Slipping slowly from rumor to fact, are we?

Edited by Tagsalong

We leave tomorrow for 2 nights pre cruise before joining Allure on Sunday, 1st May, which according to a lot of people on here you would think Doomsday was approaching:rolleyes:

Crown and Anchor perks are a side effect of doing something we all enjoy and are very fortunate to be able to do on a regular basis, they are not a right and it clearly states that in the terms and conditions that the Loyalty programme can change at any time.

If benefits are diluted in a way we are not happy with we will just vote with our feet. It is a huge world out there with many choices, the grass can be greener on the other side:).

Here on Ovation we enjoyed dinner with an Officer and a Pinnacle lunch with The Captain :D however more importantly than that, we were treated like Royalty every day by many people. Thanks OV team

Karen is on Radiance and reports that the D++ and the Pinnacles are indeed having separate meals with an officer. No word on a Captains Table for PC though.

DH and I just had our first Diamond Plus cruise, and we enjoyed being able to frequent both the DL and the CL depending on crowding and if we were meeting up with new friends. I must say however, that one of the things we liked the best about the Diamond Lounge when we were Diamond is getting to meet other people. YES, you can meet people at any of the other lounges on board. However, walking up to strangers in The Schooner Bar and asking if we could join them, when there were empty seats, is not likely to happen. In the Diamond Lounge, that would be perfectly acceptable. DH and I usually cruise alone, and we enjoy getting to meet other cruisers. Last cruise we met a lovely couple the very first night of our ten night cruise. We then touched base with them each night thereafter in the lounge. Might not have sat with them, but at least a wave and friendly hello each night. If this had been a random couple that we met in a bar, chances are we would not have run into them again and again like we tend to in the DL and CL.

340 for meal, 350 for second amenity, 525 for third amenity. All D+ to me.

Thanks for the meal info. With so many reaching higher numbers, I wouldn't be surprised if the upped points needed for the D+ meal (usually breakfast or lunch ) with an officer.

M

Just noticed the 2nd bonus gift points changed as quoted "Bonus Gift for members with 340 or more cruise points". Interesting because last week when I looked at my status it was 350 points.

We leave tomorrow for 2 nights pre cruise before joining Allure on Sunday, 1st May, which according to a lot of people on here you would think Doomsday was approaching:rolleyes:

Crown and Anchor perks are a side effect of doing something we all enjoy and are very fortunate to be able to do on a regular basis, they are not a right and it clearly states that in the terms and conditions that the Loyalty programme can change at any time.

If benefits are diluted in a way we are not happy with we will just vote with our feet. It is a huge world out there with many choices, the grass can be greener on the other side:).

Ahhh, the hint of reasonableness is refreshing. :)

Your, well expressed, thoughts are very similar to our own. It seems similar to a long-favorite restaurant (or whatever establishment) having a change in management policy. If the change no longer meets your expectations, and you do not foresee a future return to what originally captured your patronage, it seems like it is indeed time to review your alternatives.

N Ray H

Just noticed the 2nd bonus gift points changed as quoted "Bonus Gift for members with 340 or more cruise points". Interesting because last week when I looked at my status it was 350 points.

Whatever number they use, it does make sense to put both of those benefits at the same point. I never could figure out why it was 340 for one and 350 for the other.

M

Hopefully they can just combine those two. I always found it odd anyway.

It's also known as sharing information

Please know that many of us on CC appreciate the info given here. Some of it is speculation, but it's speculation by people in the know which helps many of us newbies, wannabes or gonnabes!

Here on Ovation we enjoyed dinner with an Officer and a Pinnacle lunch with The Captain :D however more importantly than that, we were treated like Royalty every day by many people. Thanks OV team

Thanks for this first-hand update, David. I'm looking forward to boarding in BCN next week. Will you and Anita still be there?

From C&A Onboard Rewards webpage for D+

Meal with an Officer for members with 340 or more cruise points

Upgraded bathroom amenities for members with 340 or more cruise points

Bonus Gift for Members with 350 or more cruise points

And from the multi tier chart

Bonus Gift for members with 340 or more cruise points

Bonus Gift for members with 525 or more cruise points

Edited by John&LaLa

From C&A Onboard Rewards webpage for D+

Bonus Gift for Members with 350 or more cruise points

And from the multi tier chart

Bonus Gift for members with 340 or more cruise points

Bonus Gift for members with 525 or more cruise points

What about the 150% single supplement?

What about the 150% single supplement?

Sorry about that, it was further down.

From the multi tier chart

Single supplement cruise fare reduced to 150% from 200% for members that have 340 or more cruise points

It is not listed on the specific D+ webpage

Edited by John&LaLa