Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

We weren't going to make reservations for CK but maybe we might want to rethink that. We are in a GS. We were just going to show up or maybe make reservations for the same day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We're in a GS for the Harmony transatlantic and were going to do the same, but it's easy enough to make reservations. I did alternating CK and MTD, and we're going to wing it with the specialty restaurants.

With the published confirmation that Sea Class (JS) have access to CK for dinner, I decided to try and count the number of JS on the Oasis. Best as I can tell it's 86 cabins. That is around 172 diners @ 2 per cabin. In addition the remaining suites total 74 in Sky Class and 11 in Star Class.

Overall I can see 388 people sharing CK not counting PC. :eek: On the upcoming Harmony TA that is rumored to be over 100. It is easy to add an overflow lounge when needed, don't see that happening for a dining venue. ;)

As someone with 9 JS cabins booked on Oasis for 2017, I am concerned that this could be a problem. Luckily we are flexible in our dining choices, but I'm pretty sure we want to eat there at least 5 nights.

Does anyone recall the capacity of CK? Somewhere around 80 comes to mind. I hope it's bigger.

I was told in January, while on Oasis, that the capacity is 85.

Don't forget that there is some overlap in the numbers of Suite, JS, and Pinnacle guests. :rolleyes: Some will want to eat at CK every night, but many also want to try all the other venues on the Oasis Class. I remember us eating at CK only twice a week, until week #4.

Really? I thought Oasis was Sundays.

Not until it repositions to Port Canaveral. Something tells me by next Fall you will have a pretty good idea of the Oasis embarkation day... just sayin' .....

mac_tlc

Not until it repositions to Port Canaveral. Something tells me by next Fall you will have a pretty good idea of the Oasis embarkation day... just sayin' .....

mac_tlc

Probably, but I'm pretty sure I'll figure it out when she blocks my view of the ocean every Sunday evening.

Just checked calendar and can confirm May 1 is a valid date. A Sunday at that.

No clue.

Unless you are on a cruise ship sailing to Australia and cross the date line that day, then there is no May 1. We lost a Wednesday that way once. Still looking for it.

I wonder if the reverse works and you would have two May 1st's. Would they then have to make the announcement twice?

Unless you are on a cruise ship sailing to Australia and cross the date line that day, then there is no May 1. We lost a Wednesday that way once. Still looking for it.

I wonder if the reverse works and you would have two May 1st's. Would they then have to make the announcement twice?

What's the nautical equivalent of a rabbit hole?

Yes. you would have two May 1st's. We had two St. Paddy's Day a couple years ago, coming back from a South Pacific cruise.

N Ray H

Karen is on Radiance and reports that the D++ and the Pinnacles are indeed having separate meals with an officer. No word on a Captains Table for PC though.

John, what is D++? Are you referring to any specific threshold? There are several thresholds in D+ for extra perks, 340, 350, 525 and maybe others but I've always considered it just D+.

Thanks

Marci

Edited by cruisegirl1

Just read on another blog that on Celebrity TA they have not held Captains Club cocktail events and moved to the RCI 3 voucher model. Long timers not pleased

Sent from my B1-730HD using Tapatalk

We were on the cruise preceding this TA sailing. Our cruise had approx. 300-400 elite and above passengers and the evening cocktail hour in the sky lounge was in full swing. On the TA that was to follow our sailing, there were well over 1000 elite and higher on this cruise. It was already planned ahead of time that they would be moving to the voucher system for that cruise as the sky lounge just didn't have the capacity to seat all those passengers. According to those that worked in the Sky Lounge, they were still going to remain open for those that wanted the traditional experience but they were also going to open other areas / bars up with appetizers for overflow. I am sure it was going to be needed as I don't believe the TAs offer the drink package as a complimentary perk.

We were on the cruise preceding this TA sailing. Our cruise had approx. 300-400 elite and above passengers and the evening cocktail hour in the sky lounge was in full swing. On the TA that was to follow our sailing, there were well over 1000 elite and higher on this cruise. It was already planned ahead of time that they would be moving to the voucher system for that cruise as the sky lounge just didn't have the capacity to seat all those passengers. According to those that worked in the Sky Lounge, they were still going to remain open for those that wanted the traditional experience but they were also going to open other areas / bars up with appetizers for overflow. I am sure it was going to be needed as I don't believe the TAs offer the drink package as a complimentary perk.

We experienced that on several Celebrity cruises. The lounge was open, plus you had the 3 coupons (at that time it was physical coupons). This was long before RCI gave the 3 coupons.

This speculation is all based on the completely unfounded assumption that all of these people will want to dine in CK each night.

:rolleyes:

True that.

JS on Quantum class have access to CK as well, yet there hasn't been any access/crowding issues there. Many from both JS and above still dine elsewhere, plus with the spread times it works.

Lol When we fly to the US we arrive just before we leave. And once flying back after a cruise from Sydney to Hawaii, my husband's birthday (May 2) disappeared after 9 am. :)

Edited by lucymorgan

John, what is D++? Are you referring to any specific threshold? There are several thresholds in D+ for extra perks, 340, 350, 525 and maybe others but I've always considered it just D+.

Thanks

Marci

Yes, the 340 crowd. It is the level you get breakfast and a second bottle of wine.

True that.

JS on Quantum class have access to CK as well, yet there hasn't been any access/crowding issues there. Many from both JS and above still dine elsewhere, plus with the spread times it works.

CK is bigger on Quantum and I believe less suites. To late to count, maybe tomorrow.

Plus, I think Carol ate there 5 nights on her last trip.

Edited by John&LaLa