Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

No sorry, it is a shame we will miss you.

We get off tomorrow but will be joining Harmony for her first sailings. Catch up soon.

I have so many cruises on my plate that I confuse myself too often. I'm boarding OV in Southampton next week. Only going to BCN. Then I'll be on HM for 3 weeks, starting with May 22, so I will see you soon!!!

We ARE just talking about a movie here right? :eek: Shanties??

It is Hollywood after all, and not real life. And this thread is just as entertaining.

Obviously my post was meant as humor about an imaginary blue diamond

that was thought to go down with a sinking ship. ;)

Yeah, watch the movie again, they live in a small apartment and the grand daughter works like a dog.

Give her the Blue Heart of Ocean Jewel Lady!

We ARE just talking about a movie here right? :eek: Shanties??

It is Hollywood after all, and not real life. And this thread is just as entertaining.

Obviously my post was meant as humor about an imaginary blue diamond

that was thought to go down with a sinking ship. ;)

And all this has what to do with C&A benefit changes????

OK, a bit off topic but years ago Royal Caribbean used to list a "titanic salad" on the dinner menu. The salad was made with iceberg lettuce:eek:

M

Its a tier...

Between Diamond Plus and Pinnacle is the level "Rose" useless level like the character.

About 340-350 points where a bunch of nice benefits kick in. Makes sense to make a new level. I saw mention of Black Diamond a while back. Doesn't have to be Diamond, maybe another gem, Tanzanite.

From C&A Onboard Rewards webpage for D+

Meal with an Officer for members with 340 or more cruise points

Upgraded bathroom amenities for members with 340 or more cruise points

Bonus Gift for Members with 350 or more cruise points

And from the multi tier chart

Meal with an Officer for members with 340 or more cruise points

Bonus Gift for members with 340 or more cruise points

Bonus Gift for members with 525 or more cruise points

There is another thread on these boards that mentions that the upgraded bathroom amenities have been discontinued. Not sure if it is rumor or fact.

M

About 340-350 points where a bunch of nice benefits kick in. Makes sense to make a new level. I saw mention of Black Diamond a while back. Doesn't have to be Diamond, maybe another gem, Tanzanite.

Any name that has any wording of a current category would be a disaster. Look at all the issues that happens now between gold card (suite/pinnacle) and gold members.

M

Any name that has any wording of a current category would be a disaster. Look at all the issues that happens now between gold card (suite/pinnacle) and gold members.

M

Just reread OP. OP did say no changes to tier or point levels.

I'm waiting for something on Royal Caribbean letterhead.

Edited by knittinggirl

M

I think the new category/level should be given a Silver Card (which is given to JR Suites), which would be a similar benefit to Pinnacle's, the Gold Card.

Edited by gkbiiii

I think the new category/level should be given a Silver Card (which is given to JR Suites), which would be a similar benefit to Pinnacle's, the Gold Card.

I actually think the Pinnacle card should have been a very dark blue...JMHO...not that any one asked ;)

I didn't realize there were different benefits for upper tier D+. What are the enhancements for being at that level?

If the benefits are different within D+, they probably should have another level.

Dang...

I haven't been on here for a while...and I don't want to go back and read 65 pages!

But, I find this all interesting...

Just for the record, I am Diamond on RCCL... Independently Elite Plus on Celebrity...The "reciprocity" thing did me absolutely no good...Even after my back-to-backs on Jewel next summer, I'll only be at 146 Crown and Anchor points...so still a bit away from Diamond Plus...and at 831 Captains Club points--so well into Elite Plus, but likely will NEVER reach Zenith (maybe if I live until about 97 and can still cruise 3 or 4 times a year)...

Combined, 146 C&A points and 831 Captains Club points totals A LOT of $$$ spent on cruising with the company...

SO, IF they were to take that Diamond Lounge drink perk away from me, I would be SEVERELY disappointed...

I very much dislike the "voucher" idea...

On Celebrity, my drinking hour perk has already been considerably diluted...They've started marketing cruises in a manner so that it makes sense to opt for an unlimited drink package as a perk--even though I really don't drink much more than in the Elite hours...I had this on my last cruise last month and will have it on my next cruise in July. Of course, I still drink in the Elite Lounge--because it's not the free drinks as much as it is the service and the less crowded bar...

And, of course, what caused a lot of this overcrowding is that danged "reciprocity" thing...Which, remember, did ME no good as I was there anyway...For loyal Celebrity cruisers, remember they only have about nine or ten ships--which carry an average of about 2,500 people at a time...so, there weren't really that many Elite Captains Club members. Suddenly, they awarded the status to C&A Diamonds--and with RCCL having 25 ships--all of which carry many more passengers--some as many as 6,000 passengers--there are far more C&A Diamonds now flooding the Elite lounge hours on Celebrity. The reciprocity the other way around adds SOME extra Diamonds to RCCL--enough to have an impact, even though not quite the impact to Celebrity...

Either way, to cruisers like me, who earned the status on both lines--but get NO reciprocity on the Diamond Plus level--even though I've likely put far more money into the company's coffers than the folks who got to those levels taking a bunch of inside cabins on off-season 3-night cruises--rather than getting those Diamond Plus drink benefits (should they change them), I'll likely just stop cruising on Royal...Why should I if I have to earn another 29 points to get back there? That means if I take another FOUR week-long RCCL cruises, I will STILL be short of Diamond Plus!

In my book, if they want to alleviate the overcrowding on both lines, what they ought to do is to retract and undo the reciprocity thing!

Its a tier...

Between Diamond Plus and Pinnacle is the level "Rose" useless level like the character.

Far from a useless level if you are a solo traveller. That useless level has saved me heaps with the Single Supplement! :D

And lunch with the Officer, and the extra gift.

Raina

IT is definitely working on the Benefits page this week. Don't know if it's already been posted but the 350 level is gone. The four benefits are all now at 340.

Meal with an Officer for members with 340 or more cruise points2

Bonus Gift for members with 340 or more cruise points9

Single supplement cruise fare reduced to 150% from 200% for members that have 340 or more cruise points16

And isn't reference number 20, at the bottom of the page, brand new: 20 Pinnacle Members are entitled to select Gold Card privileges. Access to the Suite Lounge is limited to Pinnacle Club Members and Suite Guests only.

And, of course, the Welcome Back left the page several days ago.

They still need to modify reference #2: 2 Member only Welcome Back Party and Meal with an Officer available only on cruise vacations of 7 nights or longer.

Edited by Tagsalong

... And isn't number 20, at the bottom of the page, brand new: 20 Pinnacle Members are entitled to select Gold Card privileges. Access to the Suite Lounge is limited to Pinnacle Club Members and Suite Guests only.....

Yes, that seems new to me too.

....And isn't reference number 20, at the bottom of the page, brand new: 20 Pinnacle Members are entitled to select Gold Card privileges. Access to the Suite Lounge is limited to Pinnacle Club Members and Suite Guests only.

Yes, that seems new to me too.

Unfortunately, I have 2 more lifetimes before I find out....:eek::)

BILL