Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

Yes, that seems new to me too.

Bob, I noticed 7 DL notes now state that under 21 must be accompanied at all times, but I don't see any restrictions for evening hours. I thought it used to say not permitted during evening cocktail hour, or maybe I had read that restriction somewhere else:confused:

IT is definitely working on the Benefits page this week. Don't know if it's already been posted but the 350 level is gone. The four benefits are all now at 340.

We are at 341 points. A few weeks ago, I noticed that I was being offered a choice of a second amenity gift despite the fact that we were short of 350.

You are correct Tagsalong that the change has now been made to the new 340 level.

As I look over the other benefits I see no changes made to CL access, making me think that much of the speculation here will, once again, prove to be false.

On, or around, May 1, Royal Caribbean will announce and/or implement the changes in the Crown and Anchor program.

No more Welcome Back (repeaters) Party on any ship. The Trials with this, on two ships back in February (?), was considered a success. Top Tier will continue.

Meal with an Officer will be for D+ (340) only and Pinnacles will have a meal at the Captain's Table or Specialty Rest. with the Capt. or HD.

No change in Tiers or Points structure.

Some other benefits for D+ and Pinnacles that I could not get the precise details.

All ships were notified two days ago so that they could prepare for the changes.

Sorry, but I will not reveal my source. Believe it or not. I'm still trying to find additional details, but combine this info with that from CruisenGrandmom

on Liberty and I think the CL-->SL on all ships is imminent.

Sorry, it's Cruising Grandma, and she said:

We have been told this week on Liberty that all ships in Royal Caribbean fleet will change over to a Diamond lounge for Diamond and Diamond Plus and a Suite Lounge for Suites and Pinnacles. With over 400 D, D+ onboard, it's quite challenging to get a seat or drink in the DL.

I waited too long to edit my original post.

Thanks for the info. It sounds like you've got good sources.

Just looking back at the very first post it seems that everything mentioned in there has come to fruition - no welcome back party, changes in the 'meal with officer', 'other' benefits for D+ which the OP didn't know (presumably the adjustment from 350 to 340 points for all additional amenties/gifts). However none of them are particularly earth shattering - or surprising.

The rumour of changes to lounges was whipped into a frenzy purely by the speculation that what happened on Liberty meant it was imminent on all ships, but cruising grandma (who the OP reported as being source of this) came back to say that she'd been told it would happen eventually - but no mention of it happening on 1st May.

The posted memo (from Rockford cruiser) regarding pushing drink packages at D and D+ members - again leading to speculation that they would have less lounge access - was quickly withdrawn.

We already have people onboard some ships posting that no changes are in place and D+ are still allowed in the CL.

I suspect it's all been a storm in a teacup :rolleyes:

Just a few days until we find out if all of this was worth it.;)

In a few days, maybe, it will just shift from the speculation of what will be to the 'actuality of what is'; yet either way, cruisers have no input/control over what Royal chooses to do.

I will still cruise on the line, as a first choice, until such time as other options for us, become more interesting. The perks, are just additional, not the reason we sail on them.

If we can't find an acceptable cruise for a weekend getaway this summer, we have a plan to do a short land trip.....life remains GOOD, if we can get away. Simple as that.

Just looking back at the very first post it seems that everything mentioned in there has come to fruition - no welcome back party, changes in the 'meal with officer', 'other' benefits for D+ which the OP didn't know (presumably the adjustment from 350 to 340 points for all additional amenties/gifts). However none of them are particularly earth shattering - or surprising.

The rumour of changes to lounges was whipped into a frenzy purely by the speculation that what happened on Liberty meant it was imminent on all ships, but cruising grandma (who the OP reported as being source of this) came back to say that she'd been told it would happen eventually - but no mention of it happening on 1st May.

The posted memo (from Rockford cruiser) regarding pushing drink packages at D and D+ members - again leading to speculation that they would have less lounge access - was quickly withdrawn.

We already have people onboard some ships posting that no changes are in place and D+ are still allowed in the CL.

I suspect it's all been a storm in a teacup :rolleyes:

Bobal, you just gave the best quick review of this entire thread. Who needs a few hundred pages of posts with your great skills.

OK, a bit off topic but years ago Royal Caribbean used to list a "titanic salad" on the dinner menu. The salad was made with iceberg lettuce:eek:

M

LOL!!! :eek: :p

I am happy with the Tutti salad bar in the MDR! ;)

It's the salad that floats and does not "sink" in your stomach! :D

Edited by island lady

About 340-350 points where a bunch of nice benefits kick in. Makes sense to make a new level. I saw mention of Black Diamond a while back. Doesn't have to be Diamond, maybe another gem, Tanzanite.

I was trying to think "Royal Carib Blue" ...and went with Sapphire or a

Blue Diamond. ;)

LOL!!! :eek: :p

I am happy with the Tutti salad bar in the MDR! ;)

It's the salad that floats and does not "sink" in your stomach! :D

I guess I am the only person not enamored with the Tutti Salad bar in MDR for lunch. I definitely wouldn't mind a plain tossed salad with iceberg lettuce, tomato, cucumber at dinner....instead of Caesar Salad. I just keep forgetting to ask, my waiter....there is always next cruise.

I guess I am the only person not enamored with the Tutti Salad bar in MDR for lunch. I definitely wouldn't mind a plain tossed salad with iceberg lettuce, tomato, cucumber at dinner....instead of Caesar Salad. I just keep forgetting to ask, my waiter....there is always next cruise.

IMHO That's actually what we like about the Tutti salad bar in the MDR on sea days. You can

point to and choose only what you want, not what they bring you as house salad. I also love

the salad bar in the WJ for lunch which has quite the choices. Just nice to be able to relax in

the dining room on sea days for lunch. Not to mention we think the ice tea is better in the

MDR than the machines in the WJ.

Edited by island lady