Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

Yes, single supplement under "cruise planning benefits" footnote #16. I no longer see 350 needed for any benefit except for the 350 crystal block requirement. Could this be RC changing the benefits page prior to May 1? Could the changing of some benefits from 350 to 340 be a way of trying to appease some folks for loss of CL?? Inquiring minds want to know!! Katherine

Yes, single supplement under "cruise planning benefits" footnote #16. I no longer see 350 needed for any benefit except for the 350 crystal block requirement. Could this be RC changing the benefits page prior to May 1? Could the changing of some benefits from 350 to 340 be a way of trying to appease some folks for loss of CL?? Inquiring minds want to know!! Katherine

I think they are just trying to tidy up the chart. Having different things happen at 10 cruises points is kind of silly.

Oh, I was referring to the web page that only shows D+ benefits. You are mentioning the multi tier chart that shows all levels.

You know, there are at least 3 different views of the member benefits. Crazy. Two of them have dropped the 350 point in favor of 340

Here is the last holdout with 350 mentioned. Well, at least as far as i can tell.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefits/diamond-plus-members/

Edited by John&LaLa

Or could it be the establishment of a new level?

DH and I just had our first Diamond Plus cruise, and we enjoyed being able to frequent both the DL and the CL depending on crowding and if we were meeting up with new friends. I must say however, that one of the things we liked the best about the Diamond Lounge when we were Diamond is getting to meet other people. YES, you can meet people at any of the other lounges on board. However, walking up to strangers in The Schooner Bar and asking if we could join them, when there were empty seats, is not likely to happen. In the Diamond Lounge, that would be perfectly acceptable. DH and I usually cruise alone, and we enjoy getting to meet other cruisers. Last cruise we met a lovely couple the very first night of our ten night cruise. We then touched base with them each night thereafter in the lounge. Might not have sat with them, but at least a wave and friendly hello each night. If this had been a random couple that we met in a bar, chances are we would not have run into them again and again like we tend to in the DL and CL.

Thats the way to look at it and we concur. You do get to meet some nice fellow cruisers in the lounges whereas in the various bars can be a little irksome. By the end of the cruise its usually a sad time to say goodbye to new found friends and acquaintances. We are looking forward to our TA on the Indie starting this weekend. Homeward bound.

A thought just occurred to me (unlike a few, I have no inside info). We are all speculating on how people will be upset if the D+'s are kicked out of the CL. What if all of them are not being kicked out? If they establish the long missing level at 350 they could then kick out those below and still allow a much smaller group. This would also spur on those below to book more to reach the new level (how many times have you heard someone say "why bother, I'll never reach P"?). As I said, just my mind wondering around this morning before my second cup.

A thought just occurred to me (unlike a few, I have no inside info). We are all speculating on how people will be upset if the D+'s are kicked out of the CL. What if all of them are not being kicked out? If they establish the long missing level at 350 they could then kick out those below and still allow a much smaller group. This would also spur on those below to book more to reach the new level (how many times have you heard someone say "why bother, I'll never reach P"?). As I said, just my mind wondering around this morning before my second cup.

That's what is really needed, a level between D+ and P for sure...the illustrious "Blood Diamond" level. Gold Card and Red Card access only!

Jewel has new diamond and CL lounges after drydock. CL is posted for D+, P and Suite.

We did notice at check in that only Suite and P got priority line check in with separate agents. The other levels had their own line but they all shared the same check in agents.

Exactly!

We have thought that for some time. I think that was what Emerald or Black Diamond level was to be before the mess up. I did see that photo of the new banner that someone posted here eons ago.

It is way too big a gap and many wander to other Lines after reaching D+, as they don't care about the Pinnacle level as it is toooo far away. Not smart RCL management thinking.:rolleyes:

We have gifts still showing at 350 on our Gift Selection part where you choose.

I do find it interesting the change from 350 to 340 on several website locations. Personally, what I do not want to change is the single supplement since I am getting closer to that magic number:).

As far as the lounges - no big deal to me. I like having access to a second lounge if the coffee machine in the DL is broken but I would survive without it. Also, as a solo traveler about 3/4 of the time, I like being able to meet up with fellow cruisers in the evening so I hope D+ continues to have a lounge access for some time to come.

RC continues to be a good deal for me and my family since we can easily drive to either Baltimore or NJ. We will continue to sail RC, baring any other major changes, regardless of what C & A might be coming. At least, that's what I say today! Katherine

No sorry, it is a shame we will miss you.

We get off tomorrow but will be joining Harmony for her first sailings. Catch up soon.

Thanks for this first-hand update, David. I'm looking forward to boarding in BCN next week. Will you and Anita still be there?

Why wouldn't they. Oasis MDR is awful. I can't be the only Sea Class passenger that is looking forward to this benefit.

You are not alone John. We had a terrible experience with MDR (MTD) on Oasis.

We are hoping to do a mix of CK and specialty restaurants to avoid the MDR.

Boarded Jewel today. Welcome Back party is day 5, May 1. Sigh outside brand new Lounge on deck 13 says Concierge Lounge. Sign in photo below taped to the door states CL is for Suite guests, Pinaccle and D+. And.......there is no card reader that I saw to open the door.

06e9263ef14884b1d00b1e306f274c52.jpg

2296ca697a393c6ee05645af856317cd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yes, the 340 crowd. It is the level you get breakfast and a second bottle of wine.

I still think they should give that "unnamed tier" a name, and still like "Sapphire"

as in Royal Carib blue. Or maybe "Blue Diamond"? ;) :D

Hmmm...the "Sapphire Club". ???!!

Uh-oh...another rumor added to the list. :p :p :p

We belatedly received an invitation yesterday to meal with an officer tomorrow. I say belatedly because eligible D+ members got their invitations several days ago. :confused:

They need more time to get ready!:D

JS cabins sold out quick for my 1/22 cruise date. Glad I booked when I did.

Did not seem like a lot of JS cabins (percentage wise anyway) for a big ship

like Oasis.

More JS than all other suites combined.

Sea - 86

Sky - 74

Star - 11

I could be off, who knows. I tried. ;)

I still think they should give that "unnamed tier" a name, and still like "Sapphire"

as in Royal Carib blue. Or maybe "Blue Diamond"? ;) :D

Hmmm...the "Sapphire Club". ???!!

Uh-oh...another rumor added to the list. :p :p :p

Hope Diamond. :rolleyes:

More JS than all other suites combined.

Sea - 86

Sky - 74

Star - 11

I could be off, who knows. I tried. ;)

Wow...more than I thought! Guess it just looks like more on the Vision class

ships when you see the deck plans. Once again, percentage wise.

Could not believe how fast the JS cabins on Oasis were booked on our 1/22 cruise though!

Edited by island lady

I was thinking also of the blue diamond that got thrown overboard

by Rose at the end of the movie after it survived the sinking of the Titanic!

:eek: :p :p

Rose is the biggest anti-hero in cinema history. Let's see...

She knew Jack for 2 days, then he kicks it. She has children, and grand children, let's them live in shanties rather then selling the diamond to give them a better life.

Then throws a 200 million dollar diamond into ocean, doesn't tell anyone so poor Bill Paxton is gonna be spending millions looking for it. Then kicks it and meets Jack (not her husband) in heaven.

Seriously lady? The original ending although just as ridiculous gave more closure. At least Paxton watched her throw the diamond over overboard before giving a cringe worthy relief laugh performance.

Rose is the biggest anti-hero in cinema history. Let's see...

She knew Jack for 2 days, then he kicks it. She has children, and grand children, let's them live in shanties rather then selling the diamond to give them a better life.

Then throws a 200 million dollar diamond into ocean, doesn't tell anyone so poor Bill Paxton is gonna be spending millions looking for it. Then kicks it and meets Jack (not her husband) in heaven.

Seriously lady? The original ending although just as ridiculous gave more closure. At least Paxton watched her throw the diamond over overboard before giving a cringe worthy relief laugh performance.

We ARE just talking about a movie here right? :eek: Shanties??

It is Hollywood after all, and not real life. And this thread is just as entertaining.

Obviously my post was meant as humor about an imaginary blue diamond

that was thought to go down with a sinking ship. ;)