Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

I hope it was "all rumor" but you can't discount the info yet. Until folks start boarding ships today and tomorrow, etc to see what will happen. While RC certainly "could" have changed things for sailings in a different date zone or that boarded yesterday....I think the true "conclusion" will be with what happens on sailings starting today.

Also, we all know RC is famous for extensions! So OP info could still be true but RC may have changed the effective date to 6/1, 7/1, etc!

True, we just Need to wait longer and at some Point it will come true, just like at some Point in the future the world will explode or implode;)

True, we just Need to wait longer and at some Point it will come true, just like at some Point in the future the world will explode or implode;)

I never gave much weight to a major update / release being issue on a Sunday. It's early in the day, but I'd be surprised if I turned out wrong on that.

Jewel of the Seas April 28 sailing. No predicted May 1 changes on this sailing.

1. VOOM Internet

2. Welcome back party is tomorrow night.

3. Pinnacle invited to lunch with an officer......no Captain's Table any night so far.

4. Upgraded bathroom amenities in Suite and available upon request for others.

5. 38 PC, 300 D+, not sure how many D.

6. Suite, D+, and PC have access to the CL.

May 1 has now arrived on NAV - so far nothing has changed. We were afraid we might be required to "walk the plank" this morning, but all is well. Time for a new rumor thread??????

I think she means D+ can no longer use concierge lounge. Drink vouchers are listed in the letter.

You are exactly right. As noted in my first sentence, D+ is only welcome in the Diamond Lounge.

I thought that was pretty clear but obviously not clear to some readers.

In my case, I have recurrent prostate cancer with probably three years of additional life expectancy so I am going to enjoy the suites. I fly business class when it is available. I like the lounges at the airports. I stay on the Concierge or Club floors at hotels. I am leasing a penthouse on one of Florida's beautiful beaches. I bought a Cadillac which will last me the rest of days.....and I seriously considering resuming my enjoyment of Cuban cigars.

I am sorry for your circumstances. I'm a hospice nurse and I think your outlook on your life is great. None of us really know how much time we have left so we need to enjoy our days to the fullest. It really doesn't relate to the subject posted, but I just smiled when I read this because this is what I wish I could give all my patients. Good luck to you and may you have many more happy sailings[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Well rccl sent me a Happy birthday email today. It listed all my D+ benefits. Including. Diamond and concierge lounge ??? Time will only tell.

Edited by DonnaMW

May 1 has now arrived on NAV - so far nothing has changed. We were afraid we might be required to "walk the plank" this morning, but all is well. Time for a new rumor thread??????

Usually when announcements are made, or an effective date given it is for all sailings Beginning on or after a certain date. Rarely do things like that take effect mid cruise.

However, not surprising nothing changed. This is the 4th time a "firm" date has been set regarding "changes" by speculation and rumor in the last 4 years. Yes certain things have changed on certain ships - however, RCCL hasn't even hinted fleet-wide that there is going to be a change yet. Jewel came out with a Concierge Lounge - not a Suite Lounge

Hey Pat -- hope things are going well for you and Bucky.

Blue Diamond or Pink Diamond would both be good as they are more expensive than White diamonds I think.

MMmmm...yes....the Pink Diamond would be a nice match for those pink

feather boa ladies! ;) :D

Hope things are going well with you also, Sherri! :)

1. VOOM Internet

3. Pinnacle invited to lunch with an officer......no Captain's Table any night so far.

VOOM doesn't surprise me, she just came out of drydock

jewel of the seas april 28 sailing. No predicted may 1 changes on this sailing.

1. Voom internet This could be considered an enhancement to the program, but that might be a stretch.

2. Welcome back party is tomorrow night. Is this true?! Or is it the top tier?

3. Pinnacle invited to lunch with an officer......no captain's table any night so far. in a specialty restaurant? This is an enhancement I predicted (for pcms) if it is, in fact, fleet-wide. Some ships/hds have been doing this for some time, but it was not in the corporate matrix.

4. Upgraded bathroom amenities in suite and available upon request for others.

5. 38 pc, 300 d+, not sure how many d.

6. Suite, d+, and pc have access to the cl. I predicted the change from CL to SL on the brilliance, but not until later in may. This may be a ship's prerogative, which it has not been before. Or the officers on the brilliance were lying to me. I don't think so.

I never thought/heard/said that D's would be disallowed in the DL. That evolved into this thread on its own.

I still think that there are going to be unannounced enhancements, that were specified in the shoreside e-mail to the ships, to be slowly rolled out as the ships work out the logistics and communication to the ships' personnel. Take for example the confusion regarding the free specialty meal and wine for milestones at 1400 points and above. Some ships started doing it months ago and others did not even know this was a new policy.

Edited by Tagsalong

I never thought/heard/said that D's would be disallowed in the DL. That evolved into this thread on its own.

I still think that there are going to be unannounced enhancements, that were specified in the shoreside e-mail to the ships, to be slowly rolled out as the ships work out the logistics and communication to the ships' personnel. Take for example the confusion regarding the free specialty meal and wine for milestones at 1400 points and above.

OMG...:rolleyes: Here we go again.:rolleyes:

OMG...:rolleyes: Here we go again.:rolleyes:

And why not? You don't have to visit this thread. We'll get back to Wife Beater Shirts, Chogs, Balcony Smoking and children in the DL/CL tomorrow.

Edited by Tagsalong

1. VOOM Internet

We are on with you and asked for the upgraded amenities and were told by housekeeping supervisor that they no longer have them even for the suites. We will see next cruise as we are in an owner suite.

I still think that there are going to be unannounced enhancements, that were specified in the shoreside e-mail to the ships, to be slowly rolled out as the ships work out the logistics and communication to the ships' personnel. Take for example the confusion regarding the free specialty meal and wine for milestones at 1400 points and above. Some ships started doing it months ago and others did not even know this was a new policy.

I am unable to quote your responses (in red)......post 1417......to my post so will answer here.

Definitely Welcome Back Party. See post 1266 for picture of invitation.

It remains to be seen if any other changes are made. I can only speak of what has happened through day 4. I do know that Top 2 cruisers have not dined with any officer and that there has not been a table in the MDR. Time will tell if that changes.

Jewel came out of dry dock with a CL and CL signage. Pic in post 1266. Concierge says it's going to stay that way.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Actually the so called rumour from the OP states this

"On, or around, May 1, Royal Caribbean will announce and/or implement the changes in the Crown and Anchor program."

Because that's what the rumor says and we wouldn't have a 1400+ post thread without all the speculation and post whoring.:cool: