Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

Biker, I miss the statements at the end of your posts.

Coming to this thread is like a refuge.

I'm puzzled by the really weird threads today - guy post whoring for Bon Voyage posts, bringing pickle jars on board, massage for pregnant women, etc

Biker, who needs to take a break from the keyboard.

On Allure right now.

Just checked the colour of my sea pass card against the napkin which came with my beer .

The card is definitely white.

Last night in the theatre for the priority reserved seating the guy was holding a sign

"Reserved for gold card holders only".

I explained we used to have gold cards but now we have white did we still have access.

He told me they hadn't made a new sign yet but yes we still had access, talk about confusion.

So far the biggest surprise was the colour of the card, everything else is as is but I suppose being on Allure is not a regular comparison.

This fully defines RCI's logic. Keep things in a state of confusion. H

Biker - you left out the fun thread about the idiot vegans who jumped ship in jamaica.

I sincerely want to thank you for bringing that thread up. Previously, I had skipped over it, but I'm so glad I just took a look. What a JOKE!!!!! :D There are some crazy people in this world...

I noticed today in the Member Benefits section on the RCCL website that the Welcome Back party has been taken off the list of benefits. It was on there late last week.

Mary Anne

I noticed today in the Member Benefits section on the RCCL website that the Welcome Back party has been taken off the list of benefits. It was on there late last week.

Mary Anne

Just checked the UK website and its still there...maybe the Brits can have their own w/back party ;)

Just checked the UK website and its still there...maybe the Brits can have their own w/back party ;)

No it's just that the UK site is usually about 2 years behind with its updates :rolleyes:

We had that problem checking in last Sept. They didn't know Pinnacles got a Gold Card....this was the End of the Season?:rolleyes:

Now to mix it up with all kinds of colours it is going to be a challenge at the check in desks......:D

Checking in at the dock in Valparaiso Chile a couple of months ago there was a very long line that was not moving. A person with a Royal badge (I know, that doesn't necessarily mean that they were actually a Royal employee) came out an ask in a loud voice if any Platinums were in line. I ask what about Pinnacles but was ignored. So we took matters in our own hands and cut the line. Turned out the line was for gold members.

Checking in at the dock in Valparaiso Chile a couple of months ago there was a very long line that was not moving. A person with a Royal badge (I know, that doesn't necessarily mean that they were actually a Royal employee) came out an ask in a loud voice if any Platinums were in line. I ask what about Pinnacles but was ignored. So we took matters in our own hands and cut the line. Turned out the line was for gold members.

Good for you, they both start with a "P"!

We walked into the "Royal Mess" hall in Valparaiso and looked for the sign indicating suites line. The people working there in front an at door and behind the desks are not Royal employees. They are "at hire". When we walked in the front door (and we did not wait in line) we cut thru the lines to pass people to get where we needed to be, which was past all of the other lines. But that is something we knew from previous experience. I felt sorry for everyone waiting in lines when they didn't really need to. That is an issue Royal should take responsibility for.

We are D+ and on Navigator now in a suite. No talk in either of the lounges on any changes here. I will say we have had the wifi since yesterday and it is very fast!! Made me a happy cruiser!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for the information about the wifi on Navigator! If you get a chance could you do a speedtest? http://www.speedtest.net

Regards :)

Wow. Take a weekend cruise and we are up past 1500 posts. This is the thread that will not die. :)

Majesty had a welcome back party and a top tier event. But then, John Denton likes to do things his way.

Contractors all over the ship installing Voom, but it was not working yet and the work was impacting regular internet.

So as we approach 1500 :eek: let me see if I am up to speed.

There has been NO breaking news.

Oasis and Quantum class now have different colored cards just to send C&A and CC members into ANOTHER frenzy of panic and speculation.

Concierge Lounge alive and well EXCEPT on ships that have SUITE Lounge and DIAMOND Lounge.

No Diamonds have been harmed in the process.

Am I good?

What would we do without our Expert Summarizers! ;) :D

Wow. Take a weekend cruise and we are up past 1500 posts. This is the thread that will not die. :)

Majesty had a welcome back party and a top tier event. But then, John Denton likes to do things his way.

Contractors all over the ship installing Voom, but it was not working yet and the work was impacting regular internet.

This is the thread that doesn't die

Yes, it goes on and on my friends.

Some people started reading it not knowing what it was

And they'll continue reading it forever just because........

Yes, it goes on and on my friends

Yes, it goes on and on my friends

Really? You really went there? I almost officially hate you. :p

;)

I actually don't get the reference, but still find it funny :)

Once I saw the debate on card colors I chose not to read all the posts since last Friday... I will have a purple card soon. I trust my head will not explode :)

I actually don't get the reference, but still find it funny :)

Once I saw the debate on card colors I chose not to read all the posts since last Friday... I will have a purple card soon. I trust my head will not explode :)

Turn up your speakers.

Looking at Crown & Anchor member benefits on their website for Platinum members and above it says, "exclusive top tier event."

Isn't that the same thing as a welcome back party?

Ah, NO! Welcome back is for every C&A and top tier is Platinum and higher. Most cruises have both.

Looking at Crown & Anchor member benefits on their website for Platinum members and above it says, "exclusive top tier event."

Isn't that the same thing as a welcome back party?

No.

On 7 day or longer cruises they had 2 parties. The Welcome back party was for all tiers, where the Top Tier party is for Platinum or above.

On cruises less than a week all they offered was the Top Tier Party.