I'm so over Bistro on Five

Cruising Princess

My husband and I are currently on the Summit. We went to Bistro for lunch today (day 2 of cruise), sat down, ordered drinks, then looked at the menu. To our shock and surprise it's different than the last few sailings we've been on. No more French Onion Soup, hamburger or lamb chops. Instead it had sandwiches and crepes similar to the original menu that everyone complained about. To boot, we had poor service and my entree was terrible.

I have been a huge fan of Bistro on Five, and very vocal that I don't want it switched to sushi....but after today's experience I've given up fighting the cause.

So your complaint it that you sat down in a restaurant and didn't like the menu? Hmm :)

Btw "everyone" complained. I liked the initial Bistro menu way better than the new one with its overly American flair and all the same items (onion soup, yawn) you can order at dinner every single day.

Anyway - bring on Sushi on Five!

So your complaint it that you sat down in a restaurant and didn't like the menu? Hmm :)

Btw "everyone" complained. I liked the initial Bistro menu way better than the new one with its overly American flair and all the same items (onion soup, yawn) you can order at dinner every single day.

Anyway - bring on Sushi on Five!

Ditto, liked the crepes menu however want nothing to do with Bait on Five..

Recently off the Summit. Bistro on 5 was the low point of an otherwise stellar cruise. As usual we went there for lunch on embarkation day and were disappointed. Service was poor, drinks took forever and were incorrect, ice cream was half melted and crepe was lukewarm and meh. However, the menu was clearly posted at the entrance.

Recently off the Summit. Bistro on 5 was the low point of an otherwise stellar cruise. As usual we went there for lunch on embarkation day and were disappointed. Service was poor, drinks took forever and were incorrect, ice cream was half melted and crepe was lukewarm and meh. However, the menu was clearly posted at the entrance.

..... and a few posts here on CC about this venue, most of them recent at that.

bon voyage

Another failure for Celebrity along with there lawns. Stupid has seem to take over on that overprice mass market line, but isn't that what modern luxury is all about. just pretend that it's best mass market line and you will be happy.

Another failure for Celebrity along with there lawns. Stupid has seem to take over on that overprice mass market line, but isn't that what modern luxury is all about. just pretend that it's best mass market line and you will be happy.

Why would you consider the lawns a failure?

Feedback is important. Did you not grab the managers attention and tell them your experience, it is not to late since we all are off the ship, you re not? Why not tell them look I am posting to the World about this, Make a Video a s well.

Wait it's not Lunch time yet?

Feedback is important. Did you not grab the managers attention and tell them your experience, it is not to late since we all are off the ship, you re not? Why not tell them look I am posting to the World about this, Make a Video a s well.

Wait it's not Lunch time yet?

Free lunch in the offing??? Hmmm, let me get my camera out right now!

bon voyage

Was the mac and cheese gone too ..?

It has been our fav place for lunch & was very nice on Equinox in Jan....,even with slower service. It seems doomed..already lost on Ref...we love the simple decor, non bar atmosphere...although you can enjoy quiet cocktails with a relaxing lunch..,hope they bring back the "new new " menu with daily specials and burgers, fries, mac and cheese ...

Maybe sushi could be set up at the often closed gelato stands...or at il baccio segundo in the buffet,

Why would you consider the lawns a failure?

Cruislines are a copycat business. Have you seen anyone copied the lawn concept. With all the new ships that have come out in the last 5 years. Example NCL waterfront concept will be copied because it's a great idea. Believe me there competion laughs at them when it comes to lawn, especially since it always resting. Never saw such a stupid idea. I will gaurentee you you will not see lawn on any of there new edge concept and soon they will follow the Bistro on 5 they will get rid of them. It's only a matter of time and they will be gone also. Nothing but wasted space.

Oh boy....just a few comments

The Mac and Cheese is indeed gone. Agree it was delicious. One of my husbands favorites

The French onion soup in Bistro is cooked completely different than the MDR including the use of Gruyere cheese (instead of mozzarella like used in MDR).

I did quietly voice my concern over preparation of my meal but certainly didn't expect it to be comped. We even tipped generously as it wasn't waiters fault. I am staying in a suite and think I can afford a $10 fee for lunch. So that comment was uncalled for.

My husband had a sweet and spicy shredded beef crepe and it was very good.

I didn't stop to look at the menu because I've sailed three times between Oct 2015 and Jan 2016. I had the old menu memorized because we ate here so much.

Time to go back to enjoying my fabulous cruise!!!

Edited by Cruising Princess

Cruislines are a copycat business. Have you seen anyone copied the lawn concept. With all the new ships that have come out in the last 5 years. Example NCL waterfront concept will be copied because it's a great idea. Believe me there competion laughs at them when it comes to lawn, especially since it always resting. Never saw such a stupid idea. I will gaurentee you you will not see lawn on any of there new edge concept and soon they will follow the Bistro on 5 they will get rid of them. It's only a matter of time and they will be gone also. Nothing but wasted space.

Disagree, if it was wasted space they wouldn't have put it on all five ships.

Currently on millennium and it goes into dry dock tomorrow. Bistro will become the sushi restaurant. We went in there one day and gave our order. We got the appetizer but there was no sign of our entree after an hour of waiting. We left.

Edited by TeaBag

We loved the lawns, the glass shows, and the original Bistro on Five menu.

Even with the changes, for our tastes, Solstice Class ships are the nicest cruise ships on the seas. This of course does not excuse poor service or unacceptable food. We are certainly not married to any cruise line.

Over our last couple Celebrity cruises, my partner and I have enjoyed looking forward to our routine lunch on embarkation day in bistro on five. However, after our last experience on the Celebrity Constellation in November 2015, the service was excessively slow even though there were only three or four other active tables in the entire restaurant. Also, the quality of the food coming out of the kitchen as well as the temperature were disappointing at best. Since my partner does not eat fish or seafood, I don't think bistro on five will be an option for us unless there are significantly improved non-seafood options on the menu.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

Lunch is great. I just do not eat lunch Lol.

I understand frequent cruising. and they change things. not offering that feedback well it tells the X we're doing something right.

I won't be on the X this time so I expect a change next time will I lose sleep over it?

My husband and I are currently on the Summit. We went to Bistro for lunch today (day 2 of cruise), sat down, ordered drinks, then looked at the menu. To our shock and surprise it's different than the last few sailings we've been on. No more French Onion Soup, hamburger or lamb chops. Instead it had sandwiches and crepes similar to the original menu that everyone complained about. To boot, we had poor service and my entree was terrible.

I have been a huge fan of Bistro on Five, and very vocal that I don't want it switched to sushi....but after today's experience I've given up fighting the cause.

I love the crepes..