***FOUND*** Lost Camera on the Grand...

masterty

Some of you may remember my plea's with anyone on the following trip to look for my camera. The pursers desk was no help. Princess HQ would only advise me to fill out a lost and found form. All that was left to do was to sit and wait. Week after week....nothing. Then on thursday... I get this email from Princess Lost and Found....

Dear Mr. Smith,

I am pleased to inform you that we have located your camera. ...

Then today, this arrives...

20160425-IMG_1259.jpg

Yippee! This was a 50th anniversary cruise for my parents. There were many photos what I wanted to preserve. I am so glad to get back the memory card.

What I have learned was:

1) Have faith in the knowledge of CC members and when they tell me to relax, you will probably get it back like many others have. I need to have faith that they know from experience what they are talking about.

2) Back up your photos. I had my laptop sitting on the desk for the entire trip but never bothered to take 30 seconds to back up the photos. Also cards are cheap. They now cost less than a roll of film used to in the 90's. Buy many cards and rotate.

3) There are still good honest people that live in this world.

Here are a couple of shots from the camera I now get to enjoy...

Our take from the craps table

web-1754.jpg

The Crown or the Ruby pointed south as we left Encanada

web-1741.jpg

web-1738.jpg

web-1739.jpg

cont...

Thanks for sharing your good outcome to have your camera & irreplaceable photos returned. :)

I recognize your port photos having enjoyed the same itinerary last week. Hopefully you enjoyed the SB courthouse as much as we did.

Some of you may remember my plea's with anyone on the following trip to look for my camera. The pursers desk was no help. Princess HQ would only advise me to fill out a lost and found form. All that was left to do was to sit and wait. Week after week....nothing. Then on thursday... I get this email from Princess Lost and Found....

Then today, this arrives...

20160425-IMG_1259.jpg

Yippee! This was a 50th anniversary cruise for my parents. There were many photos what I wanted to preserve. I am so glad to get back the memory card.

What I have learned was:

1) Have faith in the knowledge of CC members and when they tell me to relax, you will probably get it back like many others have. I need to have faith that they know from experience what they are talking about.

2) Back up your photos. I had my laptop sitting on the desk for the entire trip but never bothered to take 30 seconds to back up the photos. Also cards are cheap. They now cost less than a roll of film used to in the 90's. Buy many cards and rotate.

3) There are still good honest people that live in this world.

Here are a couple of shots from the camera I now get to enjoy...

Our take from the craps table

web-1754.jpg

The Crown or the Ruby pointed south as we left Encanada

web-1741.jpg

web-1738.jpg

web-1739.jpg

cont...

That's good news.

It can be a good idea to put some form of ID on the camera. Just a photo of your cruise card could be enough for Princess' lost & found department.

I understand that some people are reluctant to put name and address - as it can imply that the house is empty - but an email address could be enough to help an honest person get in touch with the owner.

I'm so very glad that you got your photos back.

Wonderful pictures and makes you realize how people are so helpful.

I try to take a picture of my name with email address and phone number plus reward for return of SD card as picture 1 on the card. Plus I put my address label right on the camera case. Just ideas!

I understand how you must have felt. A camera can be replaced, but the pictures showing an important part of your and your parent's lives cannot. So happy for you. Kudos to Princess for returning your camera and those wonderful memories.