How Often Did You Get Towel Animals

We're talking about towel animals in our rooms right? We had it twice, same as our tablemates out of a 5 nighter. And yes they did cut back, not that it affects our cruise, but it as an every night surprise after dinner when you got back to your room

Yes sorry . I misunderstood your post and thought you were responding about something in the MDR. I re-read and see now you were talking about the towel animals.

We were on splendor in dubai in feb in a junior suite and got 3 animals on a 7 night cruise. We got 3 on a 4 night cruise in a junior suite on enchantment in bahamas last august and 6 on quantum in caribbean last april a 12 night in a standard balcony. On a 5 night in a grand suite on harmony europe in a few weeks so will report back.

Yes sorry . I misunderstood your post and thought you were responding about something in the MDR. I re-read and see now you were talking about the towel animals.

No problem, I just got back yesterday and the alcohol is probably still in my system, lol. Maybe I could have been a little clearer. I was thinking about questioning this too This was the first time this has happened for me along with a couple other out of the ordinary things on cruise.

We have cruised often, but not usually in summer when there will be lots of kids. We are going on Liberty next week. Do you think if I asked our room steward to please give our animals to a cabin with kids, they would/could do this? I know they have standards they have to keep or their supervisors might reprimand them for slacking off. I just know those animals have to take lots of time as well as extra towels for the laundry. We do take our towels apart and use them in the bathroom.

Margee

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Curious, for those that have been on Royal ship recently, what ship were you on and did you get towel animals every night? We only had them a few nights and am curious if they cut back overall, or if they cut back just on our ship (Allure) or just for our stateroom level (promenade).

We were on the Grandeur 5 months ago and got towel animals every night.

We had the BEST Cabin Steward ever.

Think you misunderstood my question. I was asking about the towel animals that they make up for you as a "surprise" at night in your room (i.e. they shape the towels into animals). I always found it a nice touch, but they seemed to cut back this past cruise so was curious if that's overall, or just us.

Everynight until I catch the attendant and tell him not to bother.

I *think* I got a couple last summer on Radiance in Alaska, but honestly I couldn't tell you.

TBH, I don't give a rat's patootie about if my cabin steward can fold towels into animals. I'd rather they take the time to ensure that the cabin is cleaned and so forth.

(Though I do know of at least one case (BEFORE the crew member attacked the woman on HAL - and this story didn't even happen on HAL) where a towel monkey resulted in a call to guest services to have security come up to the cabin in question as "There is someone else in my cabin!!" The security guard dispatched had a hard time keeping a straight face when he turned on the light and saw what it was. Yep - the woman hadn't even bothered to turn on the light. AND it was a towel monkey. So I guess they can be good for funny stories at least.)

THIS MADE ME LITERALLY LAUGH OUT LOUD! I guess it takes all kinds to make the world go 'round. Not to get too off topic though: tell me more about the crew member attacking a passenger, I must have missed that one. Back on topic: It's news to me that they've cut back on the towel animals but then I haven't cruised in a few years. I hope we get a couple of cool towel animals on our sailing leaving in a few days because it will Hubby's first cruise so I'd like him to have the experience.

It has been a few years since our last cruise, but I cannot remember a night that we didn't get them.

We are cruising with the kids in February, so I'm hoping that if we slip our cabin steward a few bucks at the beginning of the week, we can get them every night.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by gannk

We cruised back when I was in 6th grade and my sister was 6. I cannot recall any towel animals - however I do recall our cabin steward putting our stuffed animals to bed and other various places throughout the cabin. Tons of fun, much less wasteful of towels, and much more economical time-wise for the steward. Plus it felt more personal. If I had kids I would prefer fun non-time-consuming stuff like that over folded towels any day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

5 animals on a 6 night cruise. Our cabin steward knew our kids loved them. He even Done a demonstration to teach our kids. They practiced it all day and left it for our steward that night. After the cruise they made towel animals for everyone.

Thanks for all the responses. Sounds like they have cut back overall (since I remember them every night) but glad they haven't cut them out. We enjoyed them and always gave us a smile, so for us, they weren't a waste.