Navigator or Freedom 9 vs. 8

So this question seems intuitive, but I thought I would ask it regardless! We are looking at doing our first RCCL cruise after 10 cruises, as we are getting tired of the same old NCL/Celebrity itineraries! So we are looking at 2 itineraries, and would love to get your opinion on which one to choose.

Choice One: Freedom of the Seas doing the 8 night itinerary: Labadee, San Juan, St. Martin, and St. Kitts

Choice Two: Navigator of the Seas doing a nine night itinerary: Labadee, Bonaire, Curacao, Aruba.

Now my instant choice would be the navigator, as it is the longer itinerary, going to four new ports that we have gone to, and it has been renovated a few years ago, including the "newish" flo rider. Yet after reading more about the navigator, I feel like there are a lot more negative reviews of the navigator than the freedom in regards to food (which is subjective) and entertainment. Are we getting the full RCCL experience trying the Navigator, or are we better off exploring on the Freedom of the Seas!

Thanks guys!

Voyager class is our favorite size. We are booked this year on Freedom just because we only had time for a 7 day. Next year we chose Navigator out of Miami. They are both good choices, I would go for the extra day.

I saw both itineraries as well. I booked the NOS and then saw the FOS. After some research I decided to stick with NOS. I've read the two ships are identical in terms of layout. The only difference is the FOS is newer and holds more passengers.

The other two deciding factors were the cost and itinerary. FOS is slightly more expensive for one less day. I thought San Juan was a bonus on FOS until I realized the ship departs at 2pm. Not enough time at a port for me to enjoy.

We have cruised on both ships.Enjoyed both of them. For the extra night and the itinerary, i would go with Navigator. You will have a great time. Although if you have small children, they would like the Dream Works characters on Freedom.

I saw both itineraries as well. I booked the NOS and then saw the FOS. After some research I decided to stick with NOS. I've read the two ships are identical in terms of layout. The only difference is the FOS is newer and holds more passengers.

They are not identical.

FOS is somewhat larger and very noticeable on the Lido deck.

The Navigator was one of my least favorite trips so I would choose Freedom.

But since you have not been on RC, it would not really matter what ship you choose...

We've sailed both ships and while Freedom is larger, I'd take Navigator for the number of days and itinerary.

Edit: I just tried to look at this itinerary on the website and got 'Sold Out' for every one of them. You gotta' love Royals website.

Edited by Big_G

We're in the same "boat." Currently have Freedom 8 day booked for March 2017, but are going to have to push it back one year to March/April 2018, and are very much considering the Navigator 9 day as well. Have never been to the ABC islands before, nor have we been on a Voyager class ship. Only downside for us of Navigator would be the salt water pools, but that is a really small negative in the grand scheme of things. Enjoyed the Freedom last year, but will only have our oldest with us for upcoming cruise, so the H2O Zone is of no importance (he will be 13 at the time). If we had all 3 kids going, we'd probably stick with Freedom.

So this question seems intuitive, but I thought I would ask it regardless! We are looking at doing our first RCCL cruise after 10 cruises, as we are getting tired of the same old NCL/Celebrity itineraries! So we are looking at 2 itineraries, and would love to get your opinion on which one to choose.

Choice One: Freedom of the Seas doing the 8 night itinerary: Labadee, San Juan, St. Martin, and St. Kitts

Choice Two: Navigator of the Seas doing a nine night itinerary: Labadee, Bonaire, Curacao, Aruba.

Now my instant choice would be the navigator, as it is the longer itinerary, going to four new ports that we have gone to, and it has been renovated a few years ago, including the "newish" flo rider. Yet after reading more about the navigator, I feel like there are a lot more negative reviews of the navigator than the freedom in regards to food (which is subjective) and entertainment. Are we getting the full RCCL experience trying the Navigator, or are we better off exploring on the Freedom of the Seas!

Thanks guys!

We also are trying to decide between these two ships and itineraries for February 2018. We already have sailed on Navigator twice, and loved it both times. We have already sailed on Liberty, and Indy the sister ships to Freedom and will be on Freedom in 11/2016 and fully expect to have a great time.

The real issue for us is relative cost. If getting the extra day on Navigator doesn't send the budget overboard, I would always opt for an extra day....the ships themselves are so close to each other....the extra size between these two classes doesn't make much of a difference to us. What we did love on the Freedom class ships was the OnAir lounge for Karaoke. Again, as long as they have Karaoke, all is good, even if in the OnAir lounge the ambiance is better for it.

Right now, we can't finalize our decision, because booking is temporarily suspected on the sailings we are considering.

We cruised Navigator in 2014 and 2015 and did Liberty ( same size as Freedom a couple of weeks ago) , 1- 9 is better than 8 and in general I like the size of the ship a little better, less people and less noise, both ships have most of the same features, great ice show, flowrider etc. We also booked Navigator 9 day for 2017 while on board

If I had to choose, I would pick Navigator! Southern route! Extra sea day! Fortunately I don't have to choose.

Fredoom 11/11/2017

Navigator 4/13/2018

Exact itineraris you are considering:D

Although I've not sailed on Freedom, I cruised NCL, Carnival and Royal Princess before doing 6 nights on the Navi last month. Our family of 4 was very impressed with the ship, the staff and the food. DH and I are booked on the 9 night Southern Caribbean on the NOS next March and can't wait to see the ABC islands!

We have cruised on both ships, and I did that exact same Freedom itinerary on Indy last year. That said, we loved both ships a lot but I would take Navigator simply because of the ports. I don't think you can go wrong with either one, but I'm always in favor of visiting ports I haven't seen before.