So, my son forgot his underwear

Once we forgot my husbands meds - he takes quite a few, and spent the better part of our day in St Thomas getting prescriptions transferred and filled.

I just had a dream last night about forgetting things (we fly to San Juan on Friday).

Somehow, I wasn't involved in packing or schlepping. We get to security to board and I ask my husband where my "cruise bag" is... It has passports, details about everything, jewelry, crucial stuff! He says "don't worry, it's packed!". "what about my makeup?" "I think most of it is packed"

He laughed when I told him about it because he says he knows better!

We once forgot the camera bag, but hadn't gone but a couple blocks from the house.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

On my trip just last week, we did a pre-cruise night at the Margaritaville resort on Hollywood Beach.

Didn't want to lug our giant suitcases out of the car, so only brought our carry-ons into the hotel.

Turns out I forgot to pack a change of clothes or anything to sleep in. Plus I was wearing a bathing suit under my dress so didn't pack any undergarments [emoji30]

I'm the worst. Spent a good 36 hours in a bathing suit, slept in the swimsuit and a bath robe, got on the ship in the same dress I was wearing the day before... At least I didnt spill anything on it! Ridiculous.

I haven't been I my cruise yet, but is it okay if I post? I'm trying to remember all of the things I've forgotten for land vacations in the hope that I won't do it when I'm packing for our cruise!

Once I forgot the whole family's toothbrushes.

Another time I forgot sunscreen for a beach holiday.

My husband was like OP's son - totally forgot his underwear.

Thankfully they're all cheap and easy to buy on land. I'm not sure what we'll do if it happens on the cruise. I know there are shops onboard, so I guess we just buy whatever we need? 13 days in the South Pacific without sunscreen or a toothbrush is not going to be pleasant.

A few years back when leaving on a ladies' cruise, I was trying to be considerate and not wake up DH by turning on all of the lights for a very early morning departure. I left my makeup bag behind. Fortunately, I realized it on the drive down. We stopped at CVS and I picked some basic necessities and then bought a few more things on the ship in the cosmetics and perfume shop.

I have also left my (fortunately simulated) down pillow behind when I left the ship. I learned my pillowcase lesson that day. I NEVER travel with my pillow in a solid white case. I always use a color that stands out against the white sheets.

On our Disney cruise I forgot to pack my DDs socks. Lucky other the ship store sold them and she got to come home with many Micky socks...so an unexpected souvenir.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

A few years back when leaving on a ladies' cruise, I was trying to be considerate and not wake up DH by turning on all of the lights for a very early morning departure. I left my makeup bag behind. Fortunately, I realized it on the drive down. We stopped at CVS and I picked some basic necessities and then bought a few more things on the ship in the cosmetics and perfume shop.

I have also left my (fortunately simulated) down pillow behind when I left the ship. I learned my pillowcase lesson that day. I NEVER travel with my pillow in a solid white case. I always use a color that stands out against the white sheets.

We also travel with our own pillows and ever since the cabin attendant changed the sheets and pillowcases and removed my very nice, expensive white pillowcases, I do the same thing and travel with blue pillowcases.

I haven't been I my cruise yet, but is it okay if I post? I'm trying to remember all of the things I've forgotten for land vacations in the hope that I won't do it when I'm packing for our cruise!

Once I forgot the whole family's toothbrushes.

Another time I forgot sunscreen for a beach holiday.

My husband was like OP's son - totally forgot his underwear.

Thankfully they're all cheap and easy to buy on land. I'm not sure what we'll do if it happens on the cruise. I know there are shops onboard, so I guess we just buy whatever we need? 13 days in the South Pacific without sunscreen or a toothbrush is not going to be pleasant.

Yep, you can buy your toiletries on board, not good prices, but hey if you forget to bring them it's good to be able to buy them. Generally I come back with a little something from the clothing stores as well. Jewellery and makeup stores as well. Enjoy your first cruise experience. Pity it's so long to wait.

Not a cruise, but we drove 1 1/2 hours to Disney World and when we went to get out of t he car, my son told me he forgot his SHOES. The only extra pair I had in the car was a pair of winter boots in the trunk. I had to let him wear my flip flops while I wore the boots (and it was 90 degrees out). I bought my first pair of $30 flip flops that day.

I forgot our cruise on an very British ship. My husband brought a dark suit but forgot an undershirt. He turned his t-shirt backwards and that worked fine under his dress shirt. Until he took his jacket off after dinner and the University of Florida logo showed through on his back, complete with Al the alligator. I never told him.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My Mom called our cabin on formal night in a panic. My Dad had gone to a department store in town and bought a new suit, put it in the suit bag and when he took it out on formal night, there was the security ink thingy attached on the pants. I had a mini-sewing kit. By a stroke of luck, the "pin" that attaches it was in a seam. We split the seam, removed the ink thingy and stitched up the tiny opening we had made. My SIL forgot black socks. A call to my Mom and Dad's cabin and SIL wore one of the pairs of my Dad's black socks. We have forgotten sunglasses, make-up, binoculars, ear buds, and sunscreen. Fortunately, we've been able to find these on board or in a port. Most of the time, we get TO the ship with everything we need. Our biggest problem is that we tend to leave things on the ship at the end of the cruise (no packing list) that we never get back. We left an expensive bottle of rum (SIL), a poster from a shop in Hawaii (Grandson), various t-shirts bought at ports over the years, a phone (found by guest services and returned), a purse (also found by Guest Services and returned), a purse (left in a private van after an excursion..also returned), one shoe from a pair worn on formal night, a pair of tennis shoes (grandson), an unopened bottle of wine (hope the Steward thought it was a farewell gift...lol), a room service tip envelope with about $7 left in it, a night light...Until this list, I didn't realize just how much we have left behind on cruises....lol. I need a list for RE-packing at the end of the cruise.:eek:

On our last family cruise my GROWN son forgot his underwear. He had to go commando for a couple of days. :eek: We have another one coming up and decided to make a packing list for everyone.

Is there anything important that YOU forgot for your cruise? :D

Loan him some of yours and he won't forget his again. Sounds like "Helicopter Parenting."

On one cruise, my hubby was complaining when he saw the items I had put into the hallway to take. Nevermind I had packed for a toddler and myself...and certain things need to be taken for a toddler as they're not available in the ship's store (pullups, toddler snacks, toddler meds). But to placate Mr. Control Freak, I set about trying to combine stuff so I can lose one of the bags. In the meantime, he started putting things in the trunk of our car. I finished with the last bag and he said everything else, including coats are in the car. Well, no, when we got to the port, I couldn't find MY COAT. Yep, he put his and our daughter's in the car. So I ended up wearing my sweater and shivering the whole time (Baja cruises can be on the cold side). I should have said something at some point, but I was stewing...and hoping he would notice that I wasn't wear my coat. He never said anything.:(

On our last family cruise my GROWN son forgot his underwear. He had to go commando for a couple of days. :eek: We have another one coming up and decided to make a packing list for everyone.

My dh forgot his bowe tie to go with his tux... we had to shop for one in Mexico.

Formal nights are very important to him... our waiter let him borrow one, which was very nice for the first formal night.

I forgot our cruise on an very British ship. My husband brought a dark suit but forgot an undershirt. He turned his t-shirt backwards and that worked fine under his dress shirt. Until he took his jacket off after dinner and the University of Florida logo showed through on his back, complete with Al the alligator. I never told him.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That's fine, Go Gators!!

My bitter half forgot to pack her bras once. I spent half a day shopping for bras in New Orleans. You get some really strange looks when you are a 220# man rummaging through the bras in K-Mart.

Yep, you can buy your toiletries on board, not good prices, but hey if you forget to bring them it's good to be able to buy them. Generally I come back with a little something from the clothing stores as well. Jewellery and makeup stores as well. Enjoy your first cruise experience. Pity it's so long to wait.

Good to know I can buy stuff if I forget it. Yes, it is sooooo long away, I wish I'd booked an earlier trip. But I'm having a lot of fun planning. I can't wait!!

Nope. As soon as we book a cruise I start the packing list and tweak it as the days/weeks go by. i do the packing for both me and hubby, crosspacking some of each of our clothes in two suitcases. I start the packing a few days before we leave on the cruise and use the packing list as a checklist. I take the list with me and use it again when packing in the cabin to come home.

So, in over twenty cruises haven't forgotten anything. Hope this continues to be true.

Edited by NMLady

Unlike Griffy we don't tend to leave stuff behind accidentally but on almost every cruise, leave stuff deliberately, especially if we have to take a long flight home and have shopped in the US (I can't help myself lol) so we leave stuff like sun hats, sandals, beach bags, shampoo etc. I often wonder if the room attendant just dumps it all or is allowed to keep it. Anyone know?