So, my son forgot his underwear

On our last family cruise my GROWN son forgot his underwear. He had to go commando for a couple of days. :eek: We have another one coming up and decided to make a packing list for everyone.

Is there anything important that YOU forgot for your cruise? :D

We forgot to pack an entire suitcase. We drove and arrived 2 days before the cruise so it wasn't that big a deal....just half a day spent shopping instead of by the pool. It was actually my wife's suitcase and to this day I still suspect that she forgot to pack it on purpose just do she could go shopping.:D

We forgot to pack an entire suitcase. We drove and arrived 2 days before the cruise so it wasn't that big a deal....just half a day spent shopping instead of by the pool. It was actually my wife's suitcase and to this day I still suspect that she forgot to pack it on purpose just do she could go shopping.:D

I can't believe a wife would do this on purpose

Not for a cruise, but for some reason why our kids swam in meets around the hot state of Florida, I frequently packed everything but deodorant.

There's no fragrance like a Mom after sitting by the pool from 7 to 3!

I start a list on the notepad on my iPhone a few weeks before I travel and add and subtract till the day before.

Separately, I have notes that list:

Take clothes to the cleaners and pick back up one week prior

Get $1s for Room Service and $5s and $10s for cabs and straw markets.

If I don't see it in writing, it'll be the deodorant all over again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hahahahahah. I will keep this one in mind. :D

On our last family cruise my GROWN son forgot his underwear. He had to go commando for a couple of days. :eek: We have another one coming up and decided to make a packing list for everyone.

Is there anything important that YOU forgot for your cruise? :D

Trying to get a lot of clicks, eh? Great thread title! :D

Better than taking her suitcase but forgetting your wife. :)

Trying to get a lot of clicks, eh? Great thread title! :D

Lol....I really wasn't. Just wanted to know the important things ...OR funny things that people have forgotten. (we all damn near pee'd our pants when we found out my son had no underwear) He is always the butt of our cruise memories. (no pun intended). :D:D

....wife's suitcase, ok, but I bet you never forgot your hammock! :D

At various times: caps, sunscreen, sunglasses.

Every time that I pack, I think about taking my sunglasses. I pack them and then think that if I pack them, then I will have nothing but rain. Over the years, I have bought many pairs of sunglasses on vacation!

Smart lady, your wife!

I once forgot my down pillow which I take on every trip, even for overnight stays. I love shmushing it every which way under my head.

Every time that I pack, I think about taking my sunglasses. I pack them and then think that if I pack them, then I will have nothing but rain. Over the years, I have bought many pairs of sunglasses on vacation!

I agree, if I bring an umbrella, I won't need it. It's good insurance.

Nothing too significant. Forgot black socks one cruise a couple of years back and of course the suit I brought was black. Found a few pair at one of the on board shops that did the trick. Actually very good quality as I still have - and wear - them today. Forgot my binoculars another time - left them on the kitchen table so as not to forget them going out the door.....

8 years ago on a 3 day cruise ..... 20 year old son forgot dress shoes for tux......mom was not happy as her B-day gift was having all sons and Dad wear their recently purchased tuxes for formal photos...lucky for him he rented a pair for 10 bucks from the ship....

Edited by land lover

On our last family cruise my GROWN son forgot his underwear.

Realize this is a bit of a diversion, but,

Princess didn't get our laundry back fast enough, and DH bought some under wear from one of the ship's stores. Same for a dress shirt on another cruise (Royal Caribbean). They're not on display, so you must ask.

Lol....I really wasn't. Just wanted to know the important things ...OR funny things that people have forgotten. (we all damn near pee'd our pants when we found out my son had no underwear) He is always the butt of our cruise memories. (no pun intended). :D:D

It is 92 degrees here ,I just got out of work ................now my ice cold beer is all over my Keyboard!!!:D Thanks for the laugh!

Reader

Edited by Reader0108598

Smart lady, your wife!

I once forgot my down pillow which I take on every trip, even for overnight stays. I love shmushing it every which way under my head.

I am a down pillow carrier too, once was on a land tour in Peru after leaving a hotel I realized I had left it, tour guide had the driver go back and get it for me after he dropped us off at a tourist attraction.....

Now with many hotels and cruise lines having a pillow menu.....I sometimes leave it at home.

Edited by land lover

We arrived in Hong Kong for a pre-cruise stay before flying on to Sydney for a TP cruise. We realised when we arrived that my DH had no trousers (pants if you are from across the pond) other than the jeans he had travelled in. Found a tailor in a night market who was able provide him with a couple of pairs which came unhemmed and were tailored to fit him in an hour. He still has them.

I am a down pillow carrier too, once was on a land tour in Peru after leaving a hotel I realized I had left it, tour guide had the driver go back and get it for me after he dropped us off at a tourist attraction.....

Now with many hotels and cruise lines having a pillow menu.....I sometimes leave it at home.

So you know! I don't recall seeing a pillow menu on any cruise. Is this something new? Shocking though it may be, my last cruise was 3 years ago! :eek:

Our oldest daughter, who was 20 at the time, forgot to pack her bathing suits! She was home from school and working at our friend's pub over the summer. Got home from work at 2am and pulled an all-nighter packing, and somehow the suits didn't make it her bag. Another reason why it's good to fly in a day early. Instead of spending the afternoon at the hotel pool, we were at a mall.