want to see more tv programming on your room TV's

I knew several people would post this. I don't cruise for tv either but it would still be nice to have something good to watch in the evenings while we are just relaxing.

And everyone cruises for different things. I don't cruise to go somewhere and sit by a pool or a beach since I can do that when at home. But many others do. If someone goes on a cruise and wants to watch tv then good for them. Their vacation their choice.

Well said BeachChik....

... I wish that they would have a daily newspaper as they had years ago.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

I too miss The New York Times via fax. I would read it out on my balcony or when me darling wife was visiting the shops!

I want to be able to turn on Fox News then go outside and Liston to the news. If something interest me I can go watch if not just set and look over the ocean.

But then the ship would be listing to the starboard side!;)

We cruise every Christmas. A channel featuring a fireplace accompanied by holiday music would be appreciated.

We typically cruise in GS and have access to a DVD player, so we bring our own.

I think it would be a nice touch for other families on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They may do something with the Christmas music this year- theyre hitting the holiday spirit hard according to the advertisements : )

• 11 months later...

We only want good news and sports channels, and when a ship is sailing from the UK it would be nice to have UK news and sport, just like they do on Celebrity.

We appreciate that Navigator and Indy are US ships and also need to cater for Nth American guests, but Sky News and Sky Sports news and Sport24 would be much appreciated.

Surely that's why CC gave us the search facility.:halo:

Yes, and I for one appreciate folks using existing threads instead of starting new ones (there are very times something has not already been discussed in some thread), but many posters don't realize some of the threads are old and the info possibly stale.

Biker, who is using the resurrection banner to point out the not so obvious.

• 2 months later...

we had a DVD player in our balcony room on our HAL cruises. we enjoyed putting in a TV series that we enjoy while we nap or get ready for the evening. we brought: Friends, Will & Grace and Northern Exposure. (blast from the past!) if we can't get better TV, allowing us to play what we enjoy from home would be nice.

Doesn't matter to me as don't go on cruises to watch TV.

Have to have this in every single thread that mentions a TV. Like clockwork. :rolleyes: Of course you don't go on a cruise to watch TV. Neither does anyone else.

It's certainly not a deal breaker but a good selection would definitely be nice.

Can anyone onboard give a list of what TV channels are currently available please?

Thus bringing this thread right up to date [emoji56][emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thread updated

TV same as :loudcry:

Big Bang ..... Howard Wolowitz is seen floating aboard ISS ( International Space Station ) ..... Do not know what he said ,its played in 5 languages no english :o

Thread updated

TV same as :loudcry:

Big Bang ..... Howard Wolowitz is seen floating aboard ISS ( International Space Station ) ..... Do not know what he said ,its played in 5 languages no english :o

I assume you are trying to be funny but as I have no idea who Howard W is ...it falls flat.

Surely someone on a ship could simply have say “the channels currently on X ship are A, B, C...” and the question would be answered.

But perhaps you want a new thread started instead.

I assume you are trying to be funny but as I have no idea who Howard W is ...it falls flat.

Surely someone on a ship could simply have say “the channels currently on X ship are A, B, C...” and the question would be answered.

But perhaps you want a new thread started instead.

Big Bang Theory is a CBS TV show for 10 years, now you can Google it and learn something. When we were on Anthem I did notice the show was on 5 different channels in 5 languages, none of them English. I remember hearing French, Spanish, Italian and German.

Are there no ports on the regular cabin tvs to connect your own dvd player? Looks like I'm going to have to bring my own entertainment on serenade. Bad TV, not enough seats in the cinema, lousy Internet. :')

We love watching TV on cruises. That's how we relax...gonna be a long 11 night cruise.