No more cases of Bottled Water Allowed!

Just off the phone with RCL - apparently, they've disallowed bringing on board a case of bottled water.

To be certain, I asked for a supervisor following the discussion with the agent and the supervisor re-confirmed and also said that this was always the situation - and now they will be cracking down on monitoring it to ensure there will be no more allowed.

Of course, there's free water on board - but the added inconvenience of having to go and find water, get a clean cup, then filling up the water bottle. I'd rather have a case of water on board!

Just off the phone with RCL - apparently, they've disallowed bringing on board a case of bottled water.

To be certain, I asked for a supervisor following the discussion with the agent and the supervisor re-confirmed and also said that this was always the situation - and now they will be cracking down on monitoring it to ensure there will be no more allowed.

Of course, there's free water on board - but the added inconvenience of having to go and find water, get a clean cup, then filling up the water bottle. I'd rather have a case of water on board!

Maybe it's not been implemented on Majesty yet, but we were allowed a case of water in luggage upon embarkation yesterday.

Thanks. Yeah, I had to ask for a supervisor because honestly, I couldn't really understand what the first agent was saying (foreign, speaking very fast). My luck, the supervisor was the same way.

We'll try it to see what happens. Plan is to stick it in a spare piece of luggage. if they say no and keep it, it's only $3 and I won't sweat it.

It would be nice if RCL followed Carnival's lead and allowed you to pre-order a 12-pack or two of water for $3.99 and have it waiting in your cabin when you get on board. :)

It's up to the port whether it's allowed or not. Not some guy answering a phone who's never been on a ship reading from a script.

I agree. I wouldn't take what customer service says as gospel. They will state the rules and say what they are taught in training.

It would be nice if RCL followed Carnival's lead and allowed you to pre-order a 12-pack or two of water for $3.99 and have it waiting in your cabin when you get on board. :)

I was going to say the same thing. Thats more than you would pay on land but certainly a LOT less than Royal charges for a bottle water package right now and I think its reasonable.

If they start cracking down on this, maybe thats what they will do :)

Totally agree.

I'm thinking this might be true or at least going to come more and more common. We were just on Freedom and I over heard someone saying there were tons of cases of water in the holding room. Although, I did see a couple in the Windjammer on boarding day that had a case of Cokes.

Currently on freedom and I saw several people with a case of water. I believe in Port Canaveral you have to take it on board and cannot put a case through with the luggage. Of course, you could always put the case inside a piece of luggage.

M

Currently on freedom and I saw several people with a case of water. I believe in Port Canaveral you have to take it on board and cannot put a case through with the luggage. Of course, you could always put the case inside a piece of luggage.

M

I saw Porters last year at Terminal 1 flat our refusing to accept water from those that "slap a luggage tag on it". No problem carrying on in a piece of luggage or by hand though.

Thanks. Yeah, I had to ask for a supervisor because honestly, I couldn't really understand what the first agent was saying (foreign, speaking very fast). My luck, the supervisor was the same way.

We'll try it to see what happens. Plan is to stick it in a spare piece of luggage. if they say no and keep it, it's only $3 and I won't sweat it.

Per your signature, our experiences with Grandeur and the Port of Baltimore says there won't be much risk to your $3. :)

...and agree with Merion_Mom! ;)

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Yes, I agree! It's wonderful not having to carry it in your luggage and having it just arrive in your stateroom on the first day. Hard to believe they only charge $3.99 for it (not complaining!).

We've never had a problem finding our stateroom cold water tap, or the clean cups provided. 😉

Seriously, we used to buy the bottled water on board, and yes, it is expensive compared to cases on land. Then we purchased insulated metal water bottles, and easily fill them up from our tap prior to going ashore.

On board, we just drink the water available.

Besides, we don't want to add to the plastic pollution.

That's just our preference.

We've never had a problem finding our stateroom cold water tap, or the clean cups provided. 😉

Seriously, we used to buy the bottled water on board, and yes, it is expensive compared to cases on land. Then we purchased insulated metal water bottles, and easily fill them up from our tap prior to going ashore.

On board, we just drink the water available.

Besides, we don't want to add to the plastic pollution.

That's just our preference.

That's great if that works for you, but there are many of us that have found that the ship's water causes ankle swelling. Bottled spring water makes a huge difference for a lot of people.

Two years ago before our cruise, I emailed and asked if I could bring some drinks onboard and they said absolutely not. I also asked about their confusing rule about no non-alcoholic drinks but then say if you bring them on they are subject to inspection but they did not respond to that.

We carried some on with no problem. We also did this in April this year.

We saw one lady that had several cases of drinks on a rolling cart getting on the ship. I could not believe someone would bring that many.

That's great if that works for you, but there are many of us that have found that the ship's water causes ankle swelling. Bottled spring water makes a huge difference for a lot of people.

Could be the salty/oversalted food is also causing the ankle swelling. We don't use the salt shaker at home, so when we eat out we notice how salty most restaurant or cruise ship food is. :eek:

Edited by SargassoPirate

Could be the salty/oversalted food is also causing the ankle swelling. We don't use the salt shaker at home, so when we eat out we notice how salty most restaurant or cruise ship food is. :eek:

We aren't salt users either and I am sure that is part of it, but drinking bottled spring water instead of the ships water makes a big difference.

There are many water threads on this board and there are a bunch of people who have the same issue.