Same old same old.

chromered7

There are too many cruise companies, X included, that need an injection of imagination when itineraries are planned. When will cruise lines understand that it is the intinerary that sells the cruise first then all the deals they offer. How many times do you end up visiting the same place time after time just to visit somewhere new? There must be many places in the Med that you could visit, dependant on the size of the ship, or is there a financial reason ? We recently went on Middle Eastern cruise with Azamara and with the exception of Athens all the places we visited were new to us. It was a fantastic cruise on a great ship. Passengers will be attracted to new and interesting destinations and given that the cost of cruising is on the rise serving us the same old destinations is not good enough.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

of the pkgs the ships have , maybe instead of doing the same ports, they can change the ports around. some mixem up. for the one's the ships can not get to towns that are not port driven they can Tender to. so yes there are open opertunities for all. don't need a peir to dock. Lol

When will cruise lines understand that it is the intinerary that sells the cruise first then all the deals they offer.

If they sell them ... then they really don't have to offer new itineraries, do they? I, for one, and I am sure I cannot be the only one, go for the deals that are offered ... even more so than the itinerary. I just enjoy being on the ship even if I don't get off in any of the ports. I just wish X would have more sailings on the west coast, especially out of San Francisco and San Diego.

There are too many cruise companies, X included, that need an injection of imagination when itineraries are planned. When will cruise lines understand that it is the intinerary that sells the cruise first then all the deals they offer. How many times do you end up visiting the same place time after time just to visit somewhere new? There must be many places in the Med that you could visit, dependant on the size of the ship, or is there a financial reason ? We recently went on Middle Eastern cruise with Azamara and with the exception of Athens all the places we visited were new to us. It was a fantastic cruise on a great ship. Passengers will be attracted to new and interesting destinations and given that the cost of cruising is on the rise serving us the same old destinations is not good enough.

We enjoy sailing from Southampton but the Eclipses itineraries are very limited - and they're getting shorter in length. 16 nights from Southampton would offer so many options up in the Med - rather than the same Med itinerary year after year. I guess they save a lot of money on shorter cruises - they can repeat the menus more and can rely on the in-house shows more than guest entertainers

If they sell them ... then they really don't have to offer new itineraries, do they? I, for one, and I am sure I cannot be the only one, go for the deals that are offered ... even more so than the itinerary. I just enjoy being on the ship even if I don't get off in any of the ports. I just wish X would have more sailings on the west coast, especially out of San Francisco and San Diego.

Nope, you're not the only one...there are at least two of us! I love just being on the ship--that's a wonderful, relaxing vacation to me. And I also agree that we could use an S class ship making west coast sailings to give Princess a run for the money.

Nope, you're not the only one...there are at least two of us! I love just being on the ship--that's a wonderful, relaxing vacation to me. And I also agree that we could use an S class ship making west coast sailings to give Princess a run for the money.

No, there are actually three of us. I often select a Caribbean cruise based on the number of sea days. The more the merrier for me. And yes, I, too, would like to see Celebrity on the West Coast going to the Mexican Riveria.

When you are a Senior and have done over 50 cruises you crave variety.To Xs credit, they have sent the Connie over to the East and Solstice to AZ/NZ.On a recent Reflection officer quiz they replied they are having trouble selling Connie itins. Forgot, Millie to Japan far East .I would do any of them. Australia first.

When you are a Senior and have done over 50 cruises you crave variety.To Xs credit, they have sent the Connie over to the East and Solstice to AZ/NZ.On a recent Reflection officer quiz they replied they are having trouble selling Connie itins. Forgot, Millie to Japan far East .I would do any of them. Australia first.

I am a senior and cruise #50 and #51 coming up in a couple of months. I love my sea days ... I crave my sea days!!!! Just sayin' -- and I understand that not everybody likes what I like but not everybody likes what others like either.

Edited by Cruise Raider

The variety of opinions justifies why cruise lines schedule the same old same old . I haven't cruised enough to get bored with specific ports ( except Port Canaveral and Nassau :eek: ). I do understand the reasons include port capacity , travel lengths etc .

Besides new and more exotic ports , my preference would be more hours in the ports and perhaps overnight stays . The highlight for many on my HAL cruise was staying overnight in Quebec City . Overnights in Venice and Bermuda are a trend which I hope grows .

Agree with the OP. Celebrity is settling into a rut, needs ships sailing into new destinations.

Perhaps some should check the history, they appear to be finding new ports and areas of the word. More cruise through Asia, Australia, New Zealand, China, Vietnam and I could go on.

I am a senior and cruise #50 and #51 coming up in a couple of months. I love my sea days ... I crave my sea days!!!! Just sayin' -- and I understand that not everybody likes what I like but not everybody likes what others like either.

Mmmmmm love sea days.

I'm in the club that really doesn't care about the ports - most of the time. Since we live in S Florida we go to the Caribbean quite often. We go for the ship, for cruising and yea, the ports are fun. Sometimes we stay on board.

Not sure I'd take a Med cruise or some exotic cruise. I'd just fly there and take a land vacation. Just being in port for 8 or 10 hours doesn't really do it for us. If I go some place like that I'd like to stay longer.

So, the itineraries are just fine with us. Got a great deal on a 10 night in December that we are really looking forward to. Took the same cruise 2 years ago

You probably have more choice of itineraries, particularly for cruises around 7 days, than we do Down Under.

There are very few Australian 7 day cruises. Maybe the occasional one to Tasmania or along the South Coast in our summer, sometimes up the Queensland Coast which can be all year round.

NZ itineraries are only really feasible in our summer, and are usually 12 days or more.

South Pacific cruises can operate all year round but most are 9 days or more, there might be the occasional one from Brisbane that is 7 days.

Top End cruises, from Sydney to Fremantle or vice versa are popular in our winter, but they are usually 17 days.

Cruises from Fremantle often go up to Indonesia and back, occasionally they go south in summer.

Of course, if you only want to cruise Celebrity you are restricted to our summer months. Solstice disappears from our waters during our winter. You're also restricted to NZ or South Pacific itineraries, maybe the odd Top End cruise.

Must admit I'm one of those who really doesn't care where the ship goes as long as it's warm. I'd be more than happy to go around in circles for 7 days. ;) :D

I can understand why those who live near a port and prefer to cruise from there are looking for different itineraries. For those, like us, who have to fly to cruise anywhere there is quite a range of options. We definitely cruise for itinerary. Our choice is to fly to an interesting location, spend some time there, then take a cruise to see other ports. We are seniors, so appreciate that the time will come (eventually) when the ship may be the destination, but for now we want to explore the world, and as yet we have not exhausted Celebrity's itineraries.

Sheila

Sure I would like Celebrity to add or mix up the ports. I just enjoy cruising so I will go back on the same itinerary. We have now cruised on all of the Celebrity current and some past ships. We have cruised once on Azamara. It was ok.

The really question is are you willing to take the next step. Try one of the higher end cruise lines. Crystal or Oceania. For us they might be nice, but maybe a little to formal for us. These cruise line go to ports that a small ship can go to.