Omelets

rkacruiser

I suggest eating breakfast/brunch daily in the MDR. They have real egg omelets. Since you are ordering from a menu and it's made to order, your food is brought to you hot off the stove. Just check for hours. On sea days, you get the full brunch menu with everything including steak and eggs, shrimp and grits, etc. On port days, you get a regular breakfast menu (omelets, French toast, pancakes, etc).

Breakfast in the MDR is so much better than standing in line at the buffet.

Omelet a are totally customizable. Things like cheese,peppers,ham,onion,tomato,salsa,mushroom,bacon etc.

Two extra things-

Unless specifically instructed many don't know (haven't been on brand new ships) you do not have to wait in buffet line. There is a separate line for omelette a. just bring a plate.

Second- they can make eggs over easy,med etc from real eggs if you ask there.

Egg Omelets are wonderful.

They use real eggs and can cook eggs to order there too.

I always got my omelet with 1/2 egg and 1/2 egg white. He would crack an egg and mix it with a scoop of egg whites.

Other folks got eggs over easy, etc

Catrin

Omelets both made to order on Lido & in the dining room are one of the few things I crave before & after our cruises. I actually enjoy watching them make mine on Lido. Order yours a variety of ways & you'll learn your favorite cruise omelet real quick. :)

Carnival gets their eggs from an egg farm in Gainesville, Georgia, the Chicken Capital

of the World. You can really taste the flavor of a Southern Georgia Egg! Try them and I bet you can't eat just one!

The only thing I didn't like about the omelets when we had them was that they put a lot of oil in the pan before they cook it. Made it taste more fattening then necessary.

I believe you can ask them to use spray.

Your opinions please:

Are they tasty? Do they meet your expectations? Are they from "eggs in shell"? Or are they being made from an "egg product of some type"?

If they are not as tasty as you like them add salt.

Didn't care for my ham and cheese omelet on my Dream cruise. The ham was 'shaved' ham instead of cubes or chunks, and had an off-putting texture and taste. Guess I'll try to get over easy next time...

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums mobile app

The biggest complaint I've heard and read on here is that if you go through the buffet line for other items, then stand in line to get an omelet, the rest of the food is cold by the time you get your omelet. If you get the omelet first, then go through the line for the rest, your omelet is cold.

The biggest complaint I've heard and read on here is that if you go through the buffet line for other items, then stand in line to get an omelet, the rest of the food is cold by the time you get your omelet. If you get the omelet first, then go through the line for the rest, your omelet is cold.

I couldn't do this because DW usually sleeps in and I'm at the buffet before there are any significant lines, but if there are two of you have one person stand in line for the omelets while the other goes through the other line getting the sides. If you time it right you'll both be finished at the same time. (Or as mentioned up thread eat in the MDR and receive all of your food at the same time.)

Your opinions please:

Are they tasty? Do they meet your expectations? Are they from "eggs in shell"? Or are they being made from an "egg product of some type"?

Yes, they are very tasty.

Yes, they always met my expectations.

I don't know if they are real eggs or eggs in a box.

They are made fresh in front of you using whatever extras you request. They have an array of veggies, meats and cheeses to choose from. If I want it well done, they'll do that too. Everything is "to order".

Carnival has a terrific fresh tomato salsa that I put on mine.

I personally love them and order omelets or fresh eggs every day. It's always been "service with a smile". Since it takes a few minutes to cook, it's nice to have a pleasant conversation with your cook, someone you may see day after day, especially when doing a b2b.

Our trick to this... I get our omelets while my wife gets the buffet stuff. Daughter gets the coffee and we all meet at a table. Everything's warm.

Disclaimer: Go before or after the main rush or you'll all wander around around hunting for a table and then everything's cold. :-)

On the Victory, the omelet station had a little side buffet with potatoes, bacon sausage, ham, toast, bagels and either pancakes or french toast. Hoping the Sensation does too.