Suggestions fornew itineraries

Minoushka

I for one. Would love cery different med itineraries .

Example 1 : cstarting inLisbon ...going to another Southern portuguese port in Algarve

Gibraltar , Tangiers, Madeira, Tenerife . las Palmas and Lanzarote ....now would n.t it be a nice cruise ..maybe a stop in Morrocco too

Example 2 : from Barcelona , to Sardinia ,,Corsica , Genoa, Florence, Rome, Naples ,Corfou, Rhodes, Mykonos ,Crete . dubrovnik , Venice ......lovely

Who else has itineraries th ey would like created ?

LOVE your first suggestion. Sign me up!

Cruise from Florida, either Ft Lauderdale or Port Canaveral, to Charleston and then Bermuda and back. Offer embark at both Florida and Charleston. Keep Maasdam in the fleet so that it can dock on Front Street unlike the other big ships. Maybe offer a longer cruise with more east coast port calls, too.

I also like the west coast cruise RT to New Zealand and Australia. Think that was offered some years ago.

Kazu w did agt lwasor two gthree cruisettopped in Honfleur, FCrance. I tfhink Hon fleur cc harmingvv. Lots ogtours offfeerded to D Day beac hes and, of c ourse to, Paris.

Edited by sail7seas

We live in FL and do many Caribbean cruises. Nix Key West on Western Caribbean cruises and add Grand Caymen instead which is a favorite of mine. Mix up the Eastern Caribbean and nix St Thomas on some - I mean how many times can one visit there and it is so peaceful and enjoyable(NOT) with 6 or 7 other ships in port? What about St. Croix? We were scheduled on HAL for cruise there last fall, then they totally changed itinerary and dropped St Croix. Cancelled cruise and did another one but didn't include St Croix. I agree with comment above that HAL should take advantage of their smaller size ships to visit some smaller less popular(with cruise ships anyway) islands. Oh -wouldn't Montserrat be wonderful to see? Have wanted to go there since volcano stopped but expensive/difficult to get to.

Jane

Our first overseas cruise back in 2004 is still our favorite, it was the British Isles and Western Europe and went from England to Ireland to Scotland and over the top and down to Belguim, Germany, Amsterdam and France and back to England. We saw some great things/

:) Add Greenland and Iceland to Ruth's Canada cruise. Make it a 2 week r/t New york

Works for me! Although you may need 17 days if you want to go all the way to Iceland, and still have enough sea days to relax.

I'll book that one a few times.

Works for me! Although you may need 17 days if you want to go all the way to Iceland, and still have enough sea days to relax.

I'll book that one a few times.

You have my 75 day Arctic cruise that I posted on. Won't that work? LOL. Works for me if I could afford it.

DON

Even better a back-to-back Northwest followed by Northeast passage. You could even do a Northwest Northeast passage circumnavigation of the Arctic. I have actually found my dream cruise - http://www.quarkexpeditions.com/en/arctic/expeditions/arctic-icebreaker-expedition-arctic-circumnavigation.

"Arctic Icebreaker Expedition: Arctic Circumnavigation

75 days

On this epic 75-day circumnavigation you will travel in true expedition style on the mighty Kapitan Khlebnikov icebreaker. Discover the fabled Northeast Passage, explore Northern Greenland where you will attempt to make polar history, travel through the best of the Canadian High Arctic and journey through the Northwest Passage, all while enjoying astounding aerial views afforded by Khlebnikov’s two on-board helicopters."

I just have to come up with $170,000 for my wife and I to do it. Guess that I will have to start buying Powerball lottery tickets.

Call me adventuresome but I feel that many of the dream new cruises on this thread would be boring.

DON

i am loving this one, never could afford it but still love it. We followed a blog of a couple that did a Russian ice breaker out of Minsk that was pretty cool as well. That one was only around $50k, it actually went right to the North Pole.

http://2totravel.blogspot.com

Here is their blog.

1. Northwest Passage; Vancouver to Boston :)

2. West coast San Diego, Avalon (Catalina Island), Santa Barbara, Avila Beach (Port San Luis Obispo), Santa Cruz, Astoria, Grays Harbor, Victoria, Vancouver

How many days would number 2 require?

Roy

Even better a back-to-back Northwest followed by Northeast passage. You could even do a Northwest Northeast passage circumnavigation of the Arctic. I have actually found my dream cruise - http://www.quarkexpeditions.com/en/arctic/expeditions/arctic-icebreaker-expedition-arctic-circumnavigation.

"Arctic Icebreaker Expedition: Arctic Circumnavigation

75 days

On this epic 75-day circumnavigation you will travel in true expedition style on the mighty Kapitan Khlebnikov icebreaker. Discover the fabled Northeast Passage, explore Northern Greenland where you will attempt to make polar history, travel through the best of the Canadian High Arctic and journey through the Northwest Passage, all while enjoying astounding aerial views afforded by Khlebnikov’s two on-board helicopters."

I just have to come up with $170,000 for my wife and I to do it. Guess that I will have to start buying Powerball lottery tickets.

Call me adventuresome but I feel that many of the dream new cruises on this thread would be boring.

DON

I like your choice! Luckily I never drew duty on a 'breaker during my CG days. However I did meet some fellows that were crew onboard the Wind-class ships. They had the worst ride due to the round shape of the hull to break ice. It would roll constantly unless it was sailing in flat seas, and rock-n-roll in heavy seas. I would imagine that current icebreakers would be the same.

:) Add Greenland and Iceland to Ruth's Canada cruise. Make it a 2 week r/t New york

Did a transat on Ocean Princess from New york ..to Nova Scotia ..to Nfld ....to Iceland ..to Greenland ..to Norway ...to Scotland to finish in Dover

Awesome trip saw enormous Icebegs ...swam inhot springs in Iceland ...wonderful wonderful cruise

In Greeland the whole village came to greet us put ona few shows invitedthe whole ship for coffee and cake in civic centre ...sang for us all in the Church

Amazing day ...fell in awe in front of huge icebergs ..wow wow wow

Unique cruise

1. Northwest Passage; Vancouver to Boston :)

2. West coast San Diego, Avalon (Catalina Island), Santa Barbara, Avila Beach (Port San Luis Obispo), Santa Cruz, Astoria, Grays Harbor, Victoria, Vancouver

Itinerary #1: Yes!

Itinerary #2: Air fare costs to San Diego and from Vancouver would discourage me from such.

More imaginative Caribbean itineraries are needed than what are now offered. And, maybe the 7 day jaunts need to be left to Carnival, Princess, etc. How many times can one visit Grand Turk, Cozumel, and the ilk? For many of those type of ports, I stay aboard the ship.

Why not include St. Croix on itineraries? Why not anchoring off St. John, USVI and tendering into the port? (Has been done in the past by HAL)

Re: St Croix: When I sailed Celebrity Eclipse, we stopped at St. Croix. I had not been there since 1988 on Stimar's Fairwind. Long, ship-accomodating pier, welcoming staff, great tour of the island and guide: there was nothing to dislike.

Me? I'd like to see a more "port intensive" black sea cruise. (Although the Prinsendam cruise currently offered is interesting)

And, while everyone and their brother is now doing Norway, how about a cruise that continues on up and over to Murmansk and spends a couple of days in the White sea? (I know, Crystal does one, but I cant mortgage my house "yet"...)

Oh yeah, for those drooling over a cruise up and over Russia, Hapag LLoyd also does that trip, but they warn you that they only succeed about half the time. (And no refunds either! :D )

R/T Pacific Coast out of Vancouver. And R/T Hawaii out of Vancouver, so can do both as a Collectors cruise, 26 days or so.

Maybe Vancouver, Astoria, SF, Avalon, SD, Santa Barbara, Port Angeles, Vancouver, then on to Hawaii.

Princess does this and it is very appealing!

Love this idea and if it repeated a few times it could be r/t from either Vancouver or San Diego.

And, while everyone and their brother is now doing Norway, how about a cruise that continues on up and over to Murmansk and spends a couple of days in the White sea? (I know, Crystal does one, but I cant mortgage my house "yet"...)

The Prinsendam did a cruise up the coast of Norway, over the top, and down to Murmansk, a few years ago. I was on it, and feel darned lucky I was, as I very much doubt HAL will do that again for a very long time.

The Russian officials made it the most red-tape intensive day I have ever seen (and this from a retired bureaucrat).

The Prinsendam did a cruise up the coast of Norway, over the top, and down to Murmansk, a few years ago. I was on it, and feel darned lucky I was, as I very much doubt HAL will do that again for a very long time.

The Russian officials made it the most red-tape intensive day I have ever seen (and this from a retired bureaucrat).

This is likely why HAL doesn't sail to Petropavlosk any longer.

A really big hassle arriving and departing. Wait, wait and then wait some more.

They went through every passport 4 times! We left hours late.

A lovely town, one I would love to return to, but I doubt if HAL will bother.

Edited by SilvertoGold

I believe that Oceania does this yearly. We are seriously thinking about it for the summer of 2017.

DON

I wish for Valparaiso - Robin Caruso Island - Easter Island - Pitcairn - Society Islands (maybe throw in Cook or Solomons!).

I'll second that one--perhaps as a full transpacific all the way to New Zealand.