Slow Roll Call ?

Just curious if anyone else is experiencing slow roll calls ? We sail next week and it appears our sailing is sold out meanwhile our roll call has only 21 posts which 9 of them are from me. I've just never been on such an inactive roll call and wondering what other calls are slugging ?

I believe that summer cruises have less roll call participation, I am just not sure the main reason. What I find a shame is lack of invites actually showing up in the cabins. If Royal does not want to fool with the invites, just give a meeting location/time a couple weeks before the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The one for July 14th has picked up steam the past couple of months.....it was slow in the beginning. It's my first roll call and I have to say I'm pretty pleased with it. Maybe if it were a shorter cruise, it would be different.

We sail next week and ours has been the slowest roll call out of our 10 cruises. We don't even have enough signed up from our roll call to have a Meet and Mingle. I am partly to blame though, because my work hours have been horrendous and I haven't posted near as much as I normally do. I haven't even been able to read as many posts related to our cruise either.....and I always love that part building up to the cruise! Have fun on your trips!!

It seems like roll call participation is slowing.

Agree that it does seem that interest in Roll Calls has dwindled quite considerably. :confused:

I've noticed that as well.

Edit- I hope my answer is correct (I am referencing another thread started today :) )

Edited by molly361

Most of the roll calls I am on (6 of them) are very slow. The most active is for my cruise in April 2018......go figure. :rolleyes:

Gwen :)

LOVED your 4th of July greeting/post in the April Roll Call! :cool:

Our Aug 2017 TA was going very fast but has slowed down, but this is expected when it opened up some 16 months before sailing. Majority of active Roll Calls will have a slow down then speed up less then a year out. I earlier had us on an April 2018 Caribbean out of SJ which only had two couples and very quiet, however since moving to the Freedom same period it is more active. I wouldn't be surprised that the on board activities Roll Calls set up will slowly dwindle. many CC members book a cruise but never sign up for their Roll Calls but will look in on them.

Rollcalls are tough sometimes. Some are just slow, with very little interest. Others have thousands of posts but are dominated by one particular poster. I have seen rollcalls with 2,000 posts and one poster will have 1,000 of them, no thank you, not interested in ever meeting someone like that!

Rollcalls are tough sometimes. Some are just slow, with very little interest. Others have thousands of posts but are dominated by one particular poster. I have seen rollcalls with 2,000 posts and one poster will have 1,000 of them, no thank you, not interested in ever meeting someone like that!

I agree. That's why I don't join roll calls anymore. I get tired reading posts from someone who feels it's their responsibility to answer every post, even if it's directed to someone else.:rolleyes:

Maybe that one poster is just trying to keep the roll call active.:cool:

Our last post was a month ago (by me) so I posted again today. We do not have enough for a M&M.

Maybe that one poster is just trying to keep the roll call active.:cool:

Our last post was a month ago (by me) so I posted again today. We do not have enough for a M&M.

A rollcall with 21 posts and a rollcall will 2,000 posts are very different.:cool:

I started a similar thread last week.

"has your roll call ever been a let down" that thread only has 36 posts.

I look to a roll call for information leading up to my cruise regarding everything about the ship, flights and hotel locations and prices and of course information on ports we will be visiting. Of course, I do like a little humor thrown in.

My roll call this time seems to be a group of friends, former sail mates, posting every week or more, so I bowed out along with another poster.

Having Roll Calls can be fun reading and learning and extending your cruise experiences.

But, please read my other thread and see the responses there.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2373123

I started a similar thread last week.

"has your roll call ever been a let down" that thread only has 36 posts.

I look to a roll call for information leading up to my cruise regarding everything about the ship, flights and hotel locations and prices and of course information on ports we will be visiting. Of course, I do like a little humor thrown in.

My roll call this time seems to be a group of friends, former sail mates, posting every week or more, so I bowed out along with another poster.

Having Roll Calls can be fun reading and learning and extending your cruise experiences.

But, please read my other thread and see the responses there.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2373123

One of the main purposes of a Roll Call thread is to meet and get to know your fellow travelers.

On my last cruise, the roll call had over 60 people signed up for the Meet and Mingle, but we had barely 20 show up for the Meet and Mingle. RCI had provided a nice assortment of cheeses, bagels and breakfast rolls, coffee and juice, but not a lot got eaten with the small turnout.

A lot of people were cruising with extended family or friends and did not remember or found something else to do. Only couples or single cruisers showed up.

We had a good time, anyway, and most of us went on to the slot pull, which was fun, also. It was International Lucky Tiara day and most of the women wore tiaras and they had gold king crowns for the men - from Burger King, I think. Between the two events, most of us were in the Royal Promenade and the crowns got a lot of attention from other cruisers.