Hotel in Fort Lauderdale

BeachBumm

Hi everyone! We are flying to Fort Lauderdale in March for our Princess Cruise. We will be arriving the day before cruise departure and need a hotel near Fort Lauderdale Port. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated, because I'm not familiar with this port at all! Thanks!

Hi everyone! We are flying to Fort Lauderdale in March for our Princess Cruise. We will be arriving the day before cruise departure and need a hotel near Fort Lauderdale Port. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated, because I'm not familiar with this port at all! Thanks!

No need to stay near the airport. Prices will high in March during the spring brake timeframe...I'll suggest the 17th Street area (a quick ride from FLL and to the port) either Embassy Suites or a better value will be the Hyatt Place...great location and a favorite of many...try pricing Hyatt Place using.

http://www.valuetrips.com

I would recommend checking out the Florida Departures Board on Cruise Critic where this item comes up almost daily.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=495

At the same time I would check out Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale on 17th street as has been mentioned. It is a relatively short taxi ride from the Fort Lauderdale Airport and also over to Port Everglades. Price includes a manager's reception at night and also a very nice breakfast and hotel is located near restaurants and shops.

Keith

As already mentioned, March is peak season with spring breaks, so I would book something ASAP, and be prepared for high prices.

Roz

Agree with this. I love Embassy Suites FLL and try to book it whenever we sail out of FLL or MIA but the March pricing when we cruised in March had us searching elsewhere.

We stayed in Dania Beach, at the Sleep Inn, and it was nice. Close to a Walgreens and a grocery store. Also a couple of small restaurants nearby. Breakfast included. Free shuttle from the airport to the hotel, and a shuttle to the port for small charge...I think $10pp.

Check out Ft Lauderdale on "Trivago". The list is extensive and prices range from under $100 to over $700 a night. Details list location, amenities IE: Shuttle, breakfast, free parking, pool, restaurant, lounge etc.

Thanks everyone! I did check Embassy Suites it was $309 , I'm sure because of spring break. For $355 total it includes shuttle from the airport & shuttle to the port. Not sure if that's a bargain or not. I appreciate all the input!

Thanks everyone! I did check Embassy Suites it was $309 , I'm sure because of spring break. For $355 total it includes shuttle from the airport & shuttle to the port. Not sure if that's a bargain or not. I appreciate all the input!

The included shuttle price is not a bargain. Get a taxi from the airport to the hotel for about $15 - $20 and from the hotel to port for $10 - $15 and you don't need to wait for a shuttle and, in the case of the shuttle to the port, you won't possibly be stopping at other ship terminals before reaching your terminal. Uber is even cheaper from what I've read.

We like the Riverside on Las Olas. It is a short cab ride from the airport and to the port although not as short as those on 17th street. It is surrounded by shops and galleries. We enjoyed the atmosphere more on Las Olas than 17th street. It seemed more relaxed.

For what it's worth, my 2-cents worth is the Marriott Renaissance on 17th. Walking distance to shopping and restaurants, a Wallgreens right across the street, and the port is a cheap fast cab ride away.

I just can't justify (for me) spending $300 on a hotel just for a safe comfortable place to sleep on the night before the cruise. I have had a bit of sticker shock researching the FLL area. Since we drive to port, we usually stay a few miles out and can usually find a decent room for less than $100. For our FLL cruise in January I booked a Comfort Inn in the greater FLL area with decent reviews for less than $100 using my Choice Hotels loyalty program. Prices have gone up since I booked, I am glad I locked in the rate. (With the Choice membership, I can always cancel close to the date without penalty, though in this case I probably will not.

We just recently stayed at the Springhill Suites in Dania Beach (just minutes from port) and really liked it. We paid just a little over $100 under their AAA rate. They offered a free shuttle from the airport, and a shuttle to the cruise port for a fee. Although we elected to get a cab instead since the shuttle wasn't leaving until later than I wanted to leave since we had FTTF and wanted to be onboard early.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We love the Hollywood Beach area. Everything is walkable, and it has that nice beachtown feel. Walmart is there to stock up, and its a short cab ride to the port. The Crown Plaza hotel there is nice but want a bit more upscale the Diplomat is great. The water taxi also stops by there so its easy to get to other areas as well. Maybe I wouldn't stay in Hollywood if you are just looking for a place to stay for a half day before your cruise, but its a great place if you want to get there a few days before or stay a few days after.

Edited by ano

We love the Hollywood Beach area. Everything is walkable, and it has that nice beachtown feel. Walmart is there to stock up, and its a short cab ride to the port. The Crown Plaza hotel there is nice but want a bit more upscale the Diplomat is great. The water taxi also stops by there so its easy to get to other areas as well. Maybe I wouldn't stay in Hollywood if you are just looking for a place to stay for a half day before your cruise, but its a great place if you want to get there a few days before or stay a few days after.

I wondered about the Hollywood Beach area, I saw Margaritaville and it looks awesome! But looked up a cruise critic post and it said its about a $50 cab ride to port, plus the hotel itself was pricey. We will only be in Fll 3/4 of the day, plus we want to sight see a bit.

I'm also taking a cruise out of FLL in March, 2017 and made my hotel reservation in February, 2016 because it's spring break time! Everything will be more expensive, but will also get booked up sooner than usual. I suggest you make decisions soon.

I've stayed at several different hotels in the past, but this time will be trying Lago Mar. Have read many good reviews and I like having a private beach so close to the port. If we like it then we'll stay there again in November, 2017.