Very far out, but... 2019?

florisdekort

Cynthia and I hope that you will join us on that cruise. I've been to Japan many times on business but have done very little touring so we are really counting on a "destination immersion" itinerary.

Bill

Cynthia and I hope that you will join us on that cruise. I've been to Japan many times on business but have done very little touring so we are really counting on a "destination immersion" itinerary.

Bill

I'll be there :) It's the same for me, about 10 visits to Japan but all for business. Airports, taxis, meeting rooms. It's time to explore the country itself. It would be great to share such a wonderful journey with Cynthia and you!

Floris

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...
Alaska....over 100 nights during the season!??? Is that area not saturated with cruise cabins already?

Beyond saturated - interesting choice. I was definitely hoping for more Australia in the fall they focus on the bottom end a lot in 2018. But we don't really want Queensland in Cyclone season. Oh well.

Bill

Bill, Cynthia and Floris,

Check out the April 27, 2019 Japan-intensive voyage!

We were hoping to see a cruise that circumnavigates Australia. We're looking to do that in either Oct or Dec in 2019. We were also looking for the Caribbean cruise they had originally scheduled earlier this year that went to Key West, New Orleans and then Progresso (Chichen Itza) as well as some other ports until they changed it to accommodate a stop in Havana. Struck out on both cruises. But I guess with only 2 ships, they can only go to so many places. However, we'll definitely be looking at what they do offer once their 2019 cruise itineraries are actually posted.

Color me disappointed. Some interesting itineraries, maybe, but way too much of the schedule devoted to Alaska, Caribbean, Panama Canal.

Those are usually first-timers destinations, which have zero appeal to us.

Bill, Cynthia and Floris,

Check out the April 27, 2019 Japan-intensive voyage!

Thanks Bonnie.

Congrats to Azamara - finally something different.

Although Journey's 2019 includes all the "must have's" (Caribbean, Panama Canal, Med, Baltics, Norway, UK/Ireland), I like the fact that Bermuda is back. I bet that all the segments that include Bermuda including the Eastbound Transatlantic will sell out fast.

Quest's 2019 is very different. No Europe at all but spring in Japan (nice!), a northern Trans Pacific crossing with a few rare Russian and Alaskan ports and then a summer season in Alaska. Although I agree with the above comments that there are (too) many lines in Alaska already, Azamara's longer 10 night itineraries are special, and I like the overnights in Seattle. Then another northern Trans Pacific crossing followed by more Japan, South East Asia, India and fall in the Middle East. The Seychelles itinerary for Christmas and New Year's end 2019 is quite special and confirms Larry Pimentel's comments at the LCV voyage that one of the ships will be in South Africa early 2020... which implies no Australia / Asia winter 2019/2020.

I'm sure there will be a wide variety of opinions but I for one am happy Azamara is trying something different!

Best,

Floris

Thanks Bonnie.

Congrats to Azamara - finally something different.

Although Journey's 2019 includes all the "must have's" (Caribbean, Panama Canal, Med, Baltics, Norway, UK/Ireland), I like the fact that Bermuda is back. I bet that all the segments that include Bermuda including the Eastbound Transatlantic will sell out fast.

Quest's 2019 is very different. No Europe at all but spring in Japan (nice!), a northern Trans Pacific crossing with a few rare Russian and Alaskan ports and then a summer season in Alaska. Although I agree with the above comments that there are (too) many lines in Alaska already, Azamara's longer 10 night itineraries are special, and I like the overnights in Seattle. Then another northern Trans Pacific crossing followed by more Japan, South East Asia, India and fall in the Middle East. The Seychelles itinerary for Christmas and New Year's end 2019 is quite special and confirms Larry Pimentel's comments at the LCV voyage that one of the ships will be in South Africa early 2020... which implies no Australia / Asia winter 2019/2020.

I'm sure there will be a wide variety of opinions but I for one am happy Azamara is trying something different!

Best,

Floris

Where are you getting the overnight in Seattle from? Do you have access to the actual itineraries?

I see the link took me to an enquiry form. I really do not want to send in lots of forms and whilst I can search port sites to see where Azamara is booked to be (I have seen a few stops) its a lot of hassle so I really need the next level of detail, the ports of call. I am also wondering apart from on here, how were LCV folks going to know about the option to prebook?

I am ok with the new itineraries and would be interested in what Alaska is going to offer. I have always been frustrated on the big ships when we pulled out of port at 5pm for a trip of only 50 miles to the next port. Our worst one was a 5pm departure for a 15 mile trip over to Haines! I'm thinking some of the trips could be really good so need to see the ports in between the start and the finish to decide if I like what I see

I'm hearing that this Friday, 3/24, an email to our LCV members is scheduled.

I expect the 2019 day-to-day itinerary detail will be available then as well. If it isn't, well, then the 29th for sure. That is the date of the official 2019 launch.

I expect the 2019 day-to-day itinerary detail will be available then as well. If it isn't, well, then the 29th for sure. That is the date of the official 2019 launch.

Sounds good

For those not on Twitter, this morning (North America) Azamara posted a "Countdown Clock" to the announcement for 2019 cruises,

Unfortunately, it does not really count down but it is suggestive that it confirms Bonnie's post.