New Captains Club Benefit (7/14/16)

Andy

Hi Everyone,

Hello from Falmouth, Jamaica ! We're having a very nice time onboard Allure of the Seas..... but I've never come across a group of incredibly rude guests. At any rate, I'm not about to let it ruin our cruise.

Just came across this Captains Club Email. IMO, nothing to get excited about, but I hope this is helpful.

Here's the link

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Andy, thanks for stopping by during your vacation. Hope you are not eating too many Kummelwick Sandwiches.

That's nice of Celebrity, but not really anything at the moment we can use or get excited about.

Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Thanks CruisingChick. I'm absolutely loving the sandwiches. Got talked into the Windjammer Buffet for lunch today. Shouldn't have listened to my family ! Oh well. Still a few more days of Kummelweck ahead :)

I got the email, too. Nothing in Canada. Tough.

Enjoy the Allure.

My family went on it last winter and loved it. Especially the then 3 year old. He knew what was on each and every floor!

I read so much about rude pax and I can't understand why anyone has to be rude on vacation! Aren't we supposed to de-stress?

Thanks CruisingChick. I'm absolutely loving the sandwiches. Got talked into the Windjammer Buffet for lunch today. Shouldn't have listened to my family ! Oh well. Still a few more days of Kummelweck ahead :)

My favourite lunchtime snack venue? Hot dogs watching the merry-go-round!:cool:

Phil

Celebrity should stick with cruise perks, not something outside of their area of expertise. Even though I live in LA where many of these offers are offered there are better discounts with the auto club, local drivers license, and coupons in the newspaper. It costs something for Celebrity to print and post and service these worthless discounts so I guess we'll see it reflected in higher fares or higher gratuities ( I don't believe all the gratuity goes to staff).

Thanks for keeping us in the loop about what's happening.

Also totally underwhelmed, and I'm in San Francisco where there are lots of offers; however the discounts are miniscule. I deleted the email and will stick with other online discount ticket sources. I know nothing about marketing, but why on earth would a cruise line make this kind of offer? I'd like to see =X= stick to doing what they do best which, IMHO, is providing cruises, which also IMHO, they do very well. First the MGM/Las Vegas connection, now this. What's next?

I would think =X= would realize more revenue by actually investing in an acceptable website experience that would encourage more bookings instead of resorting to non-cruise related ventures (see my statement above about my ignorance re marketing).

BTW, the Kummelweck experience sounds wonderful. Yum!

Betsy

Maybe they get a cut of any booking made through it? ;-)

Can only agree with excitedofharpenden though!

Of course they would get a cut. This is like your tour guide taking you into a souvenir shop and then getting a kickback from the owner. The same deal with the stores in ports that are "cruise line approved". This new perk is nothing more than a way for X to make money (and nothing wrong with that) while trying to fool it's fans.

I was underwhelmed by the announcement. As I was by the glossy brochure which arrived today touting Tuscan on the M class and showing a picture of Tuscan on the S class. Don't those people ever go on their own ships???

Like when they still show the S class stateroom photos on their website (and most TA websites) for the M class staterooms. I know lots of people must be disappointed when they book a cabin going by those photos and then get on their M class ship to see they are not the same. I remember that we were the first time we booked the new AQ Deck 11 on the Constellation. Only to find they looked like the old cabins that we had had on that ship previously. :rolleyes:

I can do much better purchasing these tickets on my own. I agree ... totally underwhelmed. I was hopeful it was going to be a real perk.

Thank you for saving me the time. I received the email and was going to see what they offered in NYC for my upcoming trip/cruise. ;)

I just checked out The Color Purple tickets. The price is very good at $119 for front mezzanine tickets. Unfortunately, you do not have a choice of seats. It reads "front mezzanine." I would be very skeptical to purchase tickets not knowing where they were.

Andy thanks for the update. However I would still shop around. I'm not sure Celebrity is offering the best deal. I priced out some of the Broadway shows through the box office and the Price range for orchestra front Mezzanine were between $79 and $139. Celebrity's price was $99 and they pick the seats. It's like booking guarantee. You could get a good seat, you could get a bad seat. The $25 dollar dinner credit to STK midtown is a plus but Im sure that won't buy much. I'm not trying to be a downer here but people should check all their options the same way they do when booking a cruise. Don't just assume you are getting a deal just because someone in marking tells you that you are.

If you want discounted Broadway tickets 40-50% off just go to the TKTS booth at 47th street in Times Square. They are for same day performances.

On Mondays through Saturdays you can purchase same-day Broadway tickets for evening performances between 3PM and 8PM.

On Wednesdays and Saturdays you can buy tickets for matinee performances between 10AM and 2PM.

On Sundays, the ticket booth sells matinee tickets from 11AM to 3PM and tickets for evening performances are sold from 3PM until closing.

If you want discounted Broadway tickets 40-50% off just go to the TKTS booth at 47th street in Times Square. They are for same day performances.

On Mondays through Saturdays you can purchase same-day Broadway tickets for evening performances between 3PM and 8PM.

On Wednesdays and Saturdays you can buy tickets for matinee performances between 10AM and 2PM.

On Sundays, the ticket booth sells matinee tickets from 11AM to 3PM and tickets for evening performances are sold from 3PM until closing.

Just another reason to ignore the email. I knew about the discounted tickets at Times Square but for a true comparison I looked up the prices at the box office. Celebrity is offering a pig in a poke.

I was more than "under-whelmed", just plain waste of time and effort. You can get better deals without Celebrity. This is just another gimmick.

Please, either go back to what you do best. How about some "perks" for Elite Plus? Those are simply ridiculous. Thinking about changing our cruises in the future. We have 3 booked with Celebrity but seriously thinking it's time to try someone else. The prices are going crazy and the "perks" for this Go BBB are already some we receive as Elites.

Even our TA has changed some policies. So, changes are coming in this house.

Sad.

Pat C