What happens after final payment?

I'm sailing on Oasis on Oct. 29, and final payment is due at the end of this week. Once I make the final payment, is everything locked at that point? If a sale comes along that lowers the price, will I not be able to get a price adjustment?

Final payment = final price. Any favorable price adjustments are made prior to final payment. As mentioned, if a lower price is offered for an upgraded stateroom category that is not restricted (as many are) to new bookings only and is at a rate higher than what you paid, you can elect and pay for that upgrade. But it is rare anymore for prices to drop after final payment for remaining staterooms as RCI knows they will sell anyway as most ships sail fully booked.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I'm sailing on Oasis on Oct. 29, and final payment is due at the end of this week. Once I make the final payment, is everything locked at that point? If a sale comes along that lowers the price, will I not be able to get a price adjustment?

You are locked in.

Thanks everyone for the replies! I'll try and not stalk the prices too much. ;P

Many times I enjoy looking at those prices....don't assume they always go down....they sometimes can skyrocket ;)

I am on the same sailing. Final payment should not be due until August 15th. This is 75 days from sailing. You may have more time than you thought to search out price drops.

I am on the same sailing. Final payment should not be due until August 15th. This is 75 days from sailing. You may have more time than you thought to search out price drops.

I think they have changed the final payment date to 90 days out now...for most sailings...

Thanks. I booked in 2015. Now I can just hope for a price drop between the 75 and 90 day mark. I won't hold my breath though.

I believe if you make final payment early (before the final payment due date) you can still take advantage of price drops that occur before the final payment due date. This happened this spring on our Brilliance of the Seas TA cruise. But once the final payment due date had passed, you can no longer take advantage of price drops.

I believe if you make final payment early (before the final payment due date) you can still take advantage of price drops that occur before the final payment due date.

This is good to know. Thanks!

Ten years ago the price of our first cruise dropped a small amount a few weeks before we cruised, and we got the difference back in cash from our TA. This was on Celebrity. And I have read about other cruisers negotiating at least OBC credit when prices have dropped after final payment. Are these experiences:

1. obsolete?

2. possibly available on other lines but not on RCCL?

3. a benefit of using a TA to book?

Just curious if anyone has the answer.

Ten years ago the price of our first cruise dropped a small amount a few weeks before we cruised, and we got the difference back in cash from our TA. This was on Celebrity. And I have read about other cruisers negotiating at least OBC credit when prices have dropped after final payment. Are these experiences:

1. obsolete?

RCL stopped the policy of giving price drops and/or OBC a few years ago. Someone (Bob) will probably remember the date that it stopped.

I'm guessing 2011????

1. obsolete?

If it is after final payment date and more than 48 hours after initial booking, then there is no credit of any kind from RC. Does not depend on using a TA. Don't know about other lines.