Website updated - new booking system

Thanks Ken.

I've not checked yet, but can you easily change categories now?

Yes,

I just checked Oasis.

If you selelected "aft" that was cheapest, it assigned a D8.

If you select "mid" it was additional $ and assigned A D7 low deck and it gave the option to pay more to selecta higher deck.

Select deck 14 and it assigned a D5.

image_zps0iovwbru.png

It is very easy to jump decks and locations to see the different options...just click on locations or deck.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Based on how that format works on other cruise lines' sites, I'd say they are getting ready to charge different prices for forward, mid, and aft.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

exactly right, did a booking Freedom Feb 4th, tried on Chrome, no different, tried on IE, picked a Superior Balcony, allocated a cabin, then you click change cabin it brings up the aft mid and fwd. allocated cabin is fwd, there are not mids available and aft cabins are an extra $41.00:mad: Allocated cabin is on deck 9, decks 6 7 and 8 are an extra $58

Edited by uksimonusa

exactly right, did a booking Freedom Feb 4th, tried on Chrome, no different, tried on IE, picked a Superior Balcony, allocated a cabin, then you click change cabin it brings up the aft mid and fwd. allocated cabin is fwd, there are not mids available and aft cabins are an extra $41.00:mad: Allocated cabin is on deck 9, decks 6 7 and 8 are an extra $58

But, on deck 9 it assigned you a D2 cabin and on decks 6,7 and 8 it assigned you a D1 cabin. They have not changed prices based solely on location, they have changed because of cabin category which has always been the case.

Wow...sooo much easier for price checking and cabin availability. :D

Finally, a change the IT department did to actually make it

easier to use!

All of the last "improvements" were just to torture us as

they gleefully rubbed their hands together and

cackled with laughter. :eek: ;)

Edited by island lady

Still the old style in UK must be due to BRITEX

The UK site has been different than all the rest for quite some time - I don't expect it to confirm to the new format elsewhere. Besides, it still has the best cabin inventory of any RCI site.

A heads up for solo travelers that qualify for 1.5x in the C&A.

Previously when booking a cruise on-line I would call, book a trip, then have them call resolutions for final price with discount.

Now you HAVE TO ASK them to connect you to the Loyalty Ambassador (LA) to get your discount.

Quite a different price than what you get from Resolutions.

Now if they would just allow you to book 5 or more to a room online instead of having to call in. Makes it a pain to price out and compare. Heck, I'd be happy to allow me to price it out and have to call in to book to weed out those who may hold on to many bookings and cancel before final payment. There are not many of the cheaper family rooms on each ship either. As it is now, to avoid having to call in, I just give my list of requirements to my TA to do all the work for me.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

As stated in an earlier post it does not work on chrome at thie time. i will have to try IE. The example posted looks like it may be an improvement though.

update, I now have it working on chrome. Looks good.

Would anyone be shocked if I told you I'm still seeing the last version. I've tried both IE and Firefox. Even cleaned out my cookies. :confused:

:D Gregg, nope - 'cause I am too! Was just going to post to Ken to ask how he is seeing the new page (Canada). I've tried FF and IE, cleaned cookies, didn't use my bookmark, used the Canada-workaround site as well as the normal RCI site.:confused: