Welcome Aboard Concierge Class Lunch in the Main Restaurant

Sammigar

Has anyone done the new Concierge class welcome aboard lunch in the MDR? Is it worth losing your chairs at the pool? Is it a different menu or the same food as the buffet? We're sailing on Infinity in October. DH likes to stake a place at the pool. I kinda want to check it out, but don't know if it's worth it.

Huh??? since when has getting a place by the pool been an issue on embark day?

But to your question, we had it on Solstice in May and June twice on our B2B, same menu both times and we LOVED it...NOT the same food as the buffet, limited choices compared to regular lunch but it was fantastic with 3 choices of entree...we both had the lamb chops (both times) and loved them and we don't really care for lamb

We also had the lamb chops on the Reflection in May and they were great. It was also good to meet people at the beginning of the cruise in a relaxed atmosphere. By the time we finished, our staterooms were ready.

Huh??? since when has getting a place by the pool been an issue on embark day?

But to your question, we had it on Solstice in May and June twice on our B2B, same menu both times and we LOVED it...NOT the same food as the buffet, limited choices compared to regular lunch but it was fantastic with 3 choices of entree...we both had the lamb chops (both times) and loved them and we don't really care for lamb

Agree, Huh....Never have seen many people at the pool embarkation day...

Why the big angry thumbs down on something you didn't even have any information or feedback on?

I'd much rather have a relaxed, quieter, MDR meal than fight the hordes at the buffet any day. Can't say I've noticed lounge chair problems on embarkation day, either. But then again they've never been the first priority for us.

We went to the lunch on the Silhouette July 13, much to our surprise, it was excellent! It was nice not to have to fight the crowds elsewhere. It was a leisurely lunch and the lamb chops were some of the best we had on the cruise, very tender. The dining room was not crowded and easy to get a table.

Hi, reading back I see this meal has a small menu, but does anyone know if there are vegetarian options?

Thanks in advance.. Chrissy

yes, if I recall correctly there is one meat, (the lamb chops), one vegetarian and one fish dish.....cant recall exactly what they are as I am a meat eater and didn't look too close at the other 2....I did see a couple months ago the Conc Class menu posted on another thread on a different ship and it was not the same so there may be a few Con Class Lunch menu's.....

Is this sit down lunch option extended to Aqua Class like most of the other Concierge amenities are?

It looks as though Concierge Class amenities were not enough of a draw ever since AQ was started on Solstice so they have added a few more amenities exclusively for Conc Class only but this lunch is by far the best of them...the entire list of new Conc Class amenities can be seen on the X website....they even collect your hand carry luggage at the entry of the dining room so you can relax, have a nice lunch and a couple drinks while you wait for your room to open at 1...VERY nice and chilled environment compared to the madness of people dragging around luggage and looking for a table in the buffet...at 1 or when ever its announced the rooms are ready you just walk to the front of the MDR, collect your luggage and off you go......

Hi, reading back I see this meal has a small menu, but does anyone know if there are vegetarian options?

Thanks in advance.. Chrissy

Thanks for asking, Chrissy....I was wondering the same thing. I had kind of figured they would have something and there's always a salad, but it's good to know there will be a vegetarian option for sure. Were on the Summit in October, so I'll report back....I'll try to get a picture of the menu but I don't have much success with posting pictures.

On a recent cruise when we had a suite, Luminae was open for lunch after we boarded? This cruise we have an aqua stateroom and wonder if Blu is open as well?

Trish

Confirming what was posted a couple of posts earlier, no, BLU is not open.

Ken

Why the big angry thumbs down on something you didn't even have any information or feedback on?

I'd much rather have a relaxed, quieter, MDR meal than fight the hordes at the buffet any day. Can't say I've noticed lounge chair problems on embarkation day, either. But then again they've never been the first priority for us.

Probably because they misread it as a question mark rather than a thumbs down. It's been done before.

Phil

Probably because they misread it as a question mark rather than a thumbs down. It's been done before.

Phil

Yep, with my over 40 eyeballs, it looked like a question mark. My apologies to anyone who was offended.

For those wondering, I guess it's the specific cruises we've done (long weekends or evening sailaways). DH noticed many people show up at the pier dressed for the pool and head straight there instead of the buffet, wants to be a part of that crowd.

Do appreciate the info on the CC lunch, thanks all!

• 2 months later...

Looks like a great menu and a little less crazy than the buffet. Looking forward to trying this out in November! My husband is willing to give it a go but will miss the insanity of the buffet. He likes being around all the excitement of embarkation :rolleyes:

Phil

That explains it! So often I would see those angry thumbs and wonder why!:)

Yep, with my over 40 eyeballs, it looked like a question mark. My apologies to anyone who was offended.

For those wondering, I guess it's the specific cruises we've done (long weekends or evening sailaways). DH noticed many people show up at the pier dressed for the pool and head straight there instead of the buffet, wants to be a part of that crowd.

Do appreciate the info on the CC lunch, thanks all!

Not offended and wait with great anticipation for the day I also do it!;)