Allure - Live August 28th to September 4th - Changes in Latitude Change my Attitude

A&L_Ont

Then there were some that were "fun and informative".

40c821df241ee2f062288ad8ac326704.jpg

a33597d7fcda3a4bd58c89aa68c16537.jpg

3e1f2b7216b07d67d4343851877d40ba.jpg

And one that made me laugh, for all the wrong reasons.

508f755317b5fe460874709d62fd165b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by A&L_Ont

And finally I found the right "Pin" for me. With a little tweaking on Photo Bucket I now present to you my mantra for the cruise. I knew I had to adapt it, as it's hard to do a "live" review if you have been given a timeout. [emoji12]

ec559995fa5ef8781aec58583e7e135d.jpg

Edited by A&L_Ont

Hi Andrew, Lisa & Owen!

Glad you are all there safely! I'm following along here & on Periscope. You're way too funny!

BTW, your cat gives you a look like mine gives me. It is unpleasant. :p

I'm with you - night before a cruise, I get way too excited! Have a blast!

The night before and the morning of a cruise it is hard to get sleep.

Either one of these two signs sums it up

3a4ef7d0585f144c5e061dd05b03e65e.jpg

OR

c5067b7ca19d8d913374056c73953a8b.jpg

I think I a have a bit of fuel left in my tank for one more post tonight. So here we go.

So while I was getting ready for this cruise my wife introduced me to Pinterest. Well, what an app that is. It is a hot mess of conflicting opinions on the exact same topics discussing pros and cons of basically any topic imaginable.

I cut a few images from some of the "Pins" after I tried reading the info relating to them. It might come in handy for the first time cruiser but I'd like to think we have passed that stage a few years ago.

Let's start with cautionary ones I found. I think if you read these you might get never step foot on a ship.

a8e5a0a08266be1351a73f6979f2f321.jpg

6233efe10ce7bb91580517c36f0c60b6.jpg

d64ecf1ccb3af7302cd4157cbcb14f31.jpg

cafa45fc45666fb40d4e3862234b1fa3.jpg

Andrew, are you posting warnings about how dangerous the flowrider can be.:D

Have a great week.:)

The night before and the morning of a cruise it is hard to get sleep.

Either one of these two signs sums it up

3a4ef7d0585f144c5e061dd05b03e65e.jpg

OR

c5067b7ca19d8d913374056c73953a8b.jpg

Great signs! I'm totally in the can't keep calm group. [emoji12]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Andrew, are you posting warnings about how dangerous the flowrider can be.:D

Have a great week.:)

Great idea Ken. I will put a sign right where the line forms. That should chase them away for sure. How would/can the socially conscious riders look cool with broken limbs and other stuff, let alone the cursed Jazz Hands when they wipe out.

6b30de4541143623b4c6de2184e36d09.jpg

And finally I found the right "Pin" for me. With a little tweaking on Photo Bucket I now present to you my mantra for the cruise. I knew I had to adapt it, as it's hard to do a "live" review if you have been given a timeout. [emoji12]

ec559995fa5ef8781aec58583e7e135d.jpg

Lol, this is definitely Phil's mantra... Love it!!

Andrew, there is a desire for you to report if the Starbucks coffee cards being sold on Oasis are also being sold on Allure:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2395391

Hi MM. I should be able to do that for you and those who are interested. Glad to see you found the review as well

Things to do.

Check Cofee Card for MM.

Get Starfish for Maureen.

Find out who the CD is for Donna.

I had a dream last night, well two actually.

The first one was that I would be awake early, and guess what I have been awake for a while. I did a ceiling scope, just to remind fellow cruises how painful it is to sit and wait for the others to wake.

The second dream was a throw back to an old TV show which I used to watch on Saturday mornings repeated as a kid. I'm not going to ask Lisa to put on a Genie outfit, and even if I did I sure wouldn't mention it here. I'm just thinking about it, A genie could have put the luggage in the car faster, packed, unpacked, and could do the laundry in a blink of the eye when we get home. Maybe I should ask Lisa if we can get a genie and then we could forget the DeLorean.

I tell you that a genie has some foot moves that even street poppers today are doing. The big difference is she was doing them in the 60s.

[YOUTUBE]98Kx6WJfkKI[/YOUTUBE]

The day is going to be a good one for sure.

Ship is in and docked the normal way.

08ccf1b1ff248583c5d0ae220d7b107b.jpg

NOAA's report for us is looking good.

97140a38d239c274fa1cbd27c5e3031b.jpg

Ocean Weather shows the seas to be nice.

baab77c78320cbc897a8c64a7c82b46e.jpg

And finally the weather for sail away is looking really decent compared to what was being predicted earlier this week. It's in Celsius, so don't think winter has hit Florida overnight.

ac4a4c979b378ca3e720f9c25c64dcff.jpg

Hi Andrew,

What model flowboard do you ride? Was thinking of getting an Ash for my husband for Christmas before our next Allure cruise in April (and a trip or two to Jay this winter).

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have a friend with an Ash and it is a really nice board. He said it was hand made with love. It rides really nice. I also have ridden a Mac board and it was nice as well.

I use WaveLoch boards. I have three. The first was a 38" Shuv-it with channels, the second was a 38" Carve with channels and the third and newest is a 40" carbon fibre Carve with quad-channels. I will add that my boards have been Father's Day and Christmas gifts, which are much better than ties and socks. :)

I stuck with WaveLoch boards as there have been rumours that RC would only allow WaveLoch boards on their ships as they are made by Flow Rider. I guessed it might have to do something with warranty, but on land you can use and board on any wave. I just stuck with what I know will work on the ship. They do look at the board to make sure it is in good shape before you use it on the ship.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Boarding excitation!!

Good morning Andrew and family, I caught your ceiling scope lol. I know the feeling. You're trapped in a dark room and don't want to wake everyone up. Thanks for sharing your excitement. Look forward to seeing your daylight scopes! @notednurse.

I use WaveLoch boards. I have three. The first was a 38" Shuv-it with channels, the second was a 38" Carve with channels and the third and newest is a 40" carbon fibre Carve with quad-channels.

Is this English? [emoji3]

Have a great cruise. At least us losers at home have your review to look forward to this week as well as John&LaLa's. Now I'm just waiting on maureencruiser to start her live HAL thread.

Boarding excitation!!

Good morning Andrew and family, I caught your ceiling scope lol. I know the feeling. You're trapped in a dark room and don't want to wake everyone up. Thanks for sharing your excitement. Look forward to seeing your daylight scopes! @notednurse.

It's hard to just lay here waiting. Thankfully there is something to see in the daytime scopes.:)

Is this English? [emoji3]

Have a great cruise. At least us losers at home have your review to look forward to this week as well as John&LaLa's. Now I'm just waiting on maureencruiser to start her live HAL thread.

Yes it is. If it was Klingon it would read like this or that's what the English to Klingon translator tells me.:p

waveloch tIj lo'. wej vIghaj. wa'DIch 38 shuv-'oH je channels, cha'DIch 38 carve channels vaj wejDIch je newest 40 carbon fibre carve je quad-channels.

It is unfortunate that you are stuck at home but there is some good reading this week.:D

We'll be getting on as you get off. Nervous about our weather. Hoping it's great for you!

I need to learn how Periscope is and how it works. Guessing an app that allows you to watch live videos? Need screen names???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm sitting here at my house on Fort Lauderdale Beach. As you can see, I assume, the weather is the usual partly cloudy and warm typical late August number. We could have a few showers later, also as usual, but hopefully you'll be underway by the time they arrive.

Will be watching for you as the ship leaves Port E since I can see all the comings and goings from my front yard and pool. Enjoy your week aboard.

Following along....apparently I'm periscope challenged. I've downloaded 3apps on my iPad and still can't figure out a thing. [emoji17]. I'm trying to search for Andrew_1720.....nothing shows up. Help!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app