Allure - Live August 28th to September 4th - Changes in Latitude Change my Attitude

A&L_Ont

Following along....apparently I'm periscope challenged. I've downloaded 3apps on my iPad and still can't figure out a thing. [emoji17]. I'm trying to search for Andrew_1720.....nothing shows up. Help!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It is actually a iPhone app. Try searching there and when you find it you can also download it to your iPad. Hopefully this will help you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sitting here at my house on Fort Lauderdale Beach. As you can see, I assume, the weather is the usual partly cloudy and warm typical late August number. We could have a few showers later, also as usual, but hopefully you'll be underway by the time they arrive.

Will be watching for you as the ship leaves Port E since I can see all the comings and goings from my front yard and pool. Enjoy your week aboard.

We will be waving to you and anyone who will look our way. Thanks for the well wishes.

As you begin a great week aboard Allure with things like martinis and flowriders I begin a three month gig on the sideline of a football field with things like Gatorade, rain, and mud.

You got the better deal.

Indeed we did. We will sail together one day, just not as this time of the year.

Following along....apparently I'm periscope challenged. I've downloaded 3apps on my iPad and still can't figure out a thing. [emoji17]. I'm trying to search for Andrew_1720.....nothing shows up. Help!

Hmm. I'll give it a shot. The app that you need should just say "Periscope" underneath it and nothing else.

Click on it and hit the little people icon in the bottom right hand corner.

Then hit the magnifying glass in the upper left hand corner. Type in "andrew_1720" where it says "search". His name should pop up as well as his avatar which is some terrible tshirt that says something about cruising (lol, sorry Andrew).

Click his name and hit "follow". You will see he has about 79 recent videos in there already. Let me know if you get that far then we can give you some tips.

Edited by Yorkvillain

We'll be getting on as you get off. Nervous about our weather. Hoping it's great for you!

I need to learn how Periscope is and how it works. Guessing an app that allows you to watch live videos? Need screen names???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It is a phone app and can be downloaded onto your iPad as well

Almost time. We walked to Publix and picked up some necessities.

We didn't need any of this, but they must figure first time cruisers need it.

269c7ed50a37cfd5545f10bab605599d.jpg

We did however get a couple bags of this. It took long enough for Florida to get Dill Pickle Chips.

e63983dcde44206f06e6b2686a62c891.jpg

They still don't have ketchup chips here yet. I love them.

Hmm. I'll give it a shot. The app that you need should just say "Periscope" underneath it and nothing else.

Then hit the magnifying glass in the upper left hand corner. Type in "andrew_1720" where it says "search". His name should pop up as well as his avatar which is some terrible tshirt that says something about cruising (lol, sorry Andrew).

Click his name and hit "follow". You will see he has about 79 recent videos in there already. Let me now if you get that far then we can give you some tips.

Yorkvillian you ROCK!! Ok....got periscope on my phone (iPhone 6s) found Andrew....hit following. Great, now how do I get it on the iPad?

We did however get a couple bags of this. It took long enough for Florida to get Dill Pickle Chips.

They still don't have ketchup chips here yet. I love them.

Nice! Both bags you gave us last week are long gone. As you know, the ketchup bag didn't make it out of Canada. The dill pickle bag was inhaled last night during a Corona binge.

Edited by Yorkvillain

Click his name and hit "follow". You will see he has about 79 recent videos in there already. Let me now if you get that far then we can give you some tips.

Thanks for the guiding Villian. I should single post save this comment for anyone else who asks.

You are right, I should change the photo. I have had the same the same photo since March. I might make it a photo of me wearing a Toronto Maple Leaf jersey with the name Tavares on the back of it.:eek:

Nice! Both bags you gave us last week are long gone. As you know, the ketchup bag didn't make it out of Canada. The dill pickle bag was inhaled last night during a Corona binge.

I'm surprised the second bag made it back home. Hopefully Courtney had some.

I might make it a photo of me wearing a Toronto Maple Leaf jersey with the name Tavares on the back of it.:eek:

That's not funny. There are some things you just can't joke about. [emoji3]

I'm surprised the second bag made it back home. Hopefully Courtney had some.

I think she had one, maybe two chips at most.

I am so looking forward to this thread.

And I am sure it will be one of the most followed threads!

Your pictures and commentary always exceed my expectations.

Keep up the excellent work, love it.

Have a safe voyage.

Thanks

Have a great trip! Looks like the weather will hold out for you all. Hoping it does the same for us as we will be boarding in a few weeks. See where someone started a thread about the norovirus being on board this past week. :eek: Can you scope that news out and see if there is any validity to it? It would be greatly appreciated!!!

Ordering Uber shortly.

It is GO TIME!!!!

SO exciting! Have an awesome cruise! I look forward to your posts and periscopes.

PS - Impressive, as you're already at 10 pages and you're not even on the ship yet. :D

Flow riding check.

Some snacks in room consumed check.

Wifi hooked up.

Muster to occur soon.

Also ate a few goodies that were waiting in our cabin.

8af571e701ed783a7b8ba7a415e1734c.jpg

They left us some drinks too741863f141d5a6f57ff3fdafed3f4ca3.jpg