Celebrity's September 2016 Promo (Two If By Sea Sale)

Andy

Hi Everyone,

Here's a link to Celebrity's September 2016 Promo "Two if by Sea Sale" - for bookings 9/1/16 through 10/2/16.

As always, please make sure to read the "fine print" for details. Hope this is helpful !

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/16052489_CEL_September_Offer_EditFields.pdf

Thanks for posting Andy. We will be onboard Summit starting on 9/4 so will look into booking onboard perks plus these perks - will we get both?

Would almost be worth it unless they jack up prices. I am going to print off what the prices are now for the cruises we want to book and see if prices vary.

Thanks for the heads up Andy.

As most of us that read these boards regularly are aware of, last week Celebrity had increased most of their prices 33% in anticipation of what is a 25% off sale. As my uncle Bernie would say, "such a bargain!". Sad.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2394366

Edited by richsea

Thanks for posting Andy. We will be onboard Summit starting on 9/4 so will look into booking onboard perks plus these perks - will we get both?

Would almost be worth it unless they jack up prices. I am going to print off what the prices are now for the cruises we want to book and see if prices vary.

Hi CruisingChick,

Great question. I'd *hope* you will receive some sort of perk for booking onboard... but I'm not certain. I hope you will share your experience while on your Cruise. I've heard rumors that Celebrity is tightening up on combining booking onboard perks with current promos. As we have not been onboard since April, I'm curious to hear what's told to you.

Smart move to print out the current prices for future cruises. I always do this before sailing. This way, you can see if you are comparing apples to apples.

Have a wonderful time on Summit !

Hi CruisingChick,

Great question. I'd *hope* you will receive some sort of perk for booking onboard... but I'm not certain. I hope you will share your experience while on your Cruise. I've heard rumors that Celebrity is tightening up on combining booking onboard perks with current promos. As we have not been onboard since April, I'm curious to hear what's told to you.

Smart move to print out the current prices for future cruises. I always do this before sailing. This way, you can see if you are comparing apples to apples.

Have a wonderful time on Summit !

Thanks Andy. I just went to check the price of a cruise we were watching for next June and the price has already RISEN from what it was 2 weeks ago, so I guess they have inflated prices for the new promo. Now I'm not sure it's even worth it to book.

Celebrity is trying to just price us right out of cruising. An oceanview cost $2,932 per person for a 10 night cruise. Even with perks and half off 2nd passenger that is just INSANE. And...that's the lowest OV cabin on Deck 2 of Summit.

Prices were raised a couple of days to cover (and more) this sale. Do not take the prices you find today as representative. You will be overpaying.

Thanks for the heads up Andy.

As most of us that read these boards regularly are aware of, last week Celebrity had increased most of their prices 33% in anticipation of what is a 25% off sale. As my uncle Bernie would say, "such a bargain!". Sad.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2394366

I'm with you. They must have hired a retail marketing type to come up with this worn out gimmick of raising prices and then announcing a sale to get back to the original price. There are a lot of sheep out there, so it may work with some less buyers.

Amazing....Celebrity wants to be the quality cruise line and then they do something this cheap and deceptive....something I would expect from a really low class company. Maybe they should figure out that Quality companies are quality all the way....and don't try to do deceptive sales.

Yes, they raised prices 33% in anticipation of a 25% off sale.

That means you break even.

EX:

$1200 + 33% of $1200 ($400) equals $1600. (Increase :()

$1600 - 25% of $1600 ($400) equals $1200. (Sale?;))

We appear to be back where we started! Not exactly a sale!

Looking a lot like Kohls, with their perpetual "sale" of 10% to 30% off.

This BOGOHO was a winner for Royal for years, I guess it was bound to come to Celebrity.

EX:

This BOGOHO was a winner for Royal for years, I guess it was bound to come to Celebrity.

I think RCCL does way better with their sales plus you can add the Diamond Discount on verandas and you get a good deal on some sailings. We never book verandas on Celebrity but have been able to on RCCL because of the sales and Diamond Discount.

I think RCCL does way better with their sales plus you can add the Diamond Discount on verandas and you get a good deal on some sailings. We never book verandas on Celebrity but have been able to on RCCL because of the sales and Diamond Discount.

Don't I recall the diamond discount having been recently removed?

Don't I recall the diamond discount having been recently removed?

No, Royal wanted to remove the balcony discount on cruises booked less than 6 months in advance. However there was a huge outcry and they've postponed doing that. Not sure if they will try again or if it has been scrapped altogether.

This is a shabby trick not worthy of the Celebrity we all knew once upon a time. Like someone said, do they think we're all fools? Guess we'll be using out timeshares again instead of giving them to the kids!

CruisingChick, there are some decent standard no perks cruises out there. The seven night Summit sailing which is a one way from Ft Lauderdale to San Juan has standard prices right now with the least expensive base inside at 399 pp, oceanview at 499 pp and balcony at 699 pp. There are also prices on the Summit 1-20-2018 from San Juan to Ft Lauderdale at 499 pp, 549 pp, and 749 pp for the same categories. Any repositioning cruises, and the transatlantics are better prices per night. I realize air travel has to be figured into the costs of a cruise, but the prices even if you pay for your gratuities and drinks individually should still be much less than the current markups on the two if by sea promotion by using these two Summit cruises as an example.

I am going to wait and see if the prices settle back down after this promotion is over with, and believe that if the cruises are not filling up, the prices will fall on some of the 2017-2018 Caribbean sailings, and Europe for 2017.

Edited by kk99

EX:

Maybe they are hoping we cannot do math.:rolleyes:

I'm sure someone in Celebrity's legal department has looked at this offer.

There is a class action lawsuit against Kohls for doing something similar. Raising prices and then offering a 10%, 20% or 30% discount, when in reality there was no discount.

This is pretty amazing. The European cruise we booked for next summer went up by 33%, so low and behold, when you take 50% off the 2nd person - you get the same fare. When is a sale not a sale? When it's a Celebrity promotion.

Good news is that if you booked now, you wouldn't be any worse off.

We booked on board two weeks ago for Europe next summer. Our A1 was $3049 pp or $6098 per cabin. Now priced at $3999 pp, so with the 50% discount on the second person is actually $5998.50 per cabin, a $100 savings. Granted the promotion to book on board included two perks and the September promotion only one perk, so we are still ahead.

I agree deceptive for those who don't pay attention.

We booked a Mediterranean cruise about 3 weeks ago. It's an 11 night in May 2017. Paying $2599 per person for an AQ1. We are getting 2 Perks. Beverage and gratuities. PLUS, WE ONLY PUT DOWN $25 PP DEPOSIT! :)

We had thought about waiting until being onboard another cruise in a few weeks so we could get more OBC (had also toyed with transferring to a TA, and still may if the TA adds to the pot.) Glad we went ahead and booked.

So the new price is now $3324 pp with only one perk. With the 50% off, we would save $106 pp, but lose our 11 nights of gratuity.

Again, if the TA comes out with additional incentives to book with them, we may go ahead and rebook onboard. This would be embarkation day on Oct. 2 (the day the promo ends), and then transfer to TA when we return home on the 18th. The problem is that the TA almost always wants the full deposit up front. Well not really a problem, but it is nice not to have money "out there" so early in the game.;)

Edited by Iamthesea