Celebrity's September 2016 Promo (Two If By Sea Sale)

Andy

Makes you sick when you talked friends into coming along in June 17 and they booked 2 weeks ago. Today's price would save them £900! But of course we have to cancel, loose deposit and rebook in the U.K. I appreciate prices go up but with all the pushy marketing right up to 31st counting down until the offer ended it does make you smell a rat!

I had a similar situation with Oceania cruises who happily let me cancel and rebook at no cost. Just goes to show it's not being governed by U.K. law which was always the no deposit refund excuse we were given before.

Not happy at all!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I know it's no consolation, and I've said this before (so I apologise to those that keep reading me saying the same thing), but I think if you book in the UK you have to be happy with your initial price/promo/perks/discount etc. If you're looking for price drops or you think the price of the cruise is too high, then make a booking in the US where you can get the price drops applied or cancel your cruise without penalty (obviously prior to final payment) ;).

Makes you sick when you talked friends into coming along in June 17 and they booked 2 weeks ago. Today's price would save them £900! But of course we have to cancel, loose deposit and rebook in the U.K. I appreciate prices go up but with all the pushy marketing right up to 31st counting down until the offer ended it does make you smell a rat!

I had a similar situation with Oceania cruises who happily let me cancel and rebook at no cost. Just goes to show it's not being governed by U.K. law which was always the no deposit refund excuse we were given before.

Not happy at all!

Please speak to Celebrity. The terms of the offer released today seem to suggest rebooking IS allowed onto the new offer. Rare for UK bookers but worth looking into.

Here is a screenshot of the terms and conditions for the offer launched today.

bb96c580b85c17b9c20c74214cdbeffb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by kevinyork

Was able to upgrade to S1 from our S2 on our Reflection sailing AND saved $1000 on top of that!! Our cruise actually DROPPED in price......doing my happy dance!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

What cruise is it? Tell us!!! You need to share why you are doing your happy dance!!!

Edited by Lastdance

Maybe they are hoping we cannot do math.:rolleyes:

They gave us our first math lesson when they started the Big ,Better, Best pricing. We all figured out that equation the minute it started. I think their math lessons should be part of standardized testing in elementary school .

Edited by Iamcruzin

I booked the April 24, 2016 cruise on Equinox when the pricing included all four perks. That was in July. It was a great deal - approx. $2,000 pp for a 1A including the four perks.

Just about fell off my chair when I looked at the pricing this evening. Now, one perk and 50% off the second person gets you a average per person cost of approx. $2,700 after the savings is deducted. And this is for a 2D cabin!

"Original Fare per person $3,692.00 USD*†

Savings per stateroom $1,846.00 USD*† "

Looks like I won't be adding any cruises to my wish list for a while.

Well colour me shocked. I actually got the 50% off the second fare for our Hawaii cruise. The price did not spike beforehand. Happy camper!

Did you get any Perks or/and OBC, as well as 50% off 2nd guest?

For the April 22/17 Japanese Explorer cruise I was not able to choose a perk. Celebrity website defaulted to $300 OBC. Makes it look like you get drink package for 2 people (or other option you choose), 50% off cruise for one person, and then beside the pricing (not in the Perk Option section)-it shows a $300 OBC per cabin.

I sent my TA and Celebrity a message about this booking problem. I looked at other eligible cruises and three Perk selection boxes show up so you can select your one Perk, this does not happen on the April 22/17 cruise I am looking at booking.

Did you get any Perks or/and OBC, as well as 50% off 2nd guest?

For the April 22/17 Japanese Explorer cruise I was not able to choose a perk. Celebrity website defaulted to $300 OBC. Makes it look like you get drink package for 2 people (or other option you choose), 50% off cruise for one person, and then beside the pricing (not in the Perk Option section)-it shows a $300 OBC per cabin.

I sent my TA and Celebrity a message about this booking problem. I looked at other eligible cruises and three Perk selection boxes show up so you can select your one Perk, this does not happen on the April 22/17 cruise I am looking at booking.

Yes, my perks didn't change from when I initially booked it. My TA had to phone in to get the reduction

I hope not too many people are that stupid.

I wouldn't say they were stupid. They were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. If you don't know what the pricing was when the itinerary was released there is no way of knowing that they inflated the prices or if there were any price drops or incentives in between sales. I always check the online sites that track pricing so that I'm better informed. They don't track incentives such as go better for the price of go big but at least I know what I should be paying for the room category that I'm interested in.

All I know is that I called my TA on Monday to book a Bermuda cruise, got my booking confirmation and pricing on Tuesday and have until September 6 to make the deposit.

I then check out the new pricing, and needless to say, I am quite pleased.

Just sent an email to my TA to get a revised quote.

When you booked did they offer 2 perks for the price of one perk?

I hope not too many people are that stupid.

People fall for this everyday. Just looking for the signs, 50% off. 80% off. The question really is off what?

It is important to interpret value and not get looked on just price IMHO. :)

People fall for this everyday. Just looking for the signs, 50% off. 80% off. The question really is off what?

It is important to interpret value and not get looked on just price IMHO. :)

Of course you have to look at value. We're now paying $200 less pp than we did for the same cruise in 2014. Same type of cabin.same perks. And we got that for a great deal as the ship was originally going to disembark in Ensenada. Once the port was changed to Vancouver the price soared. 50/80% off means nothing. It's the end price. I'm thrilled with this sale but i understand others are not finding the same prices.

I wouldn't say they were stupid. They were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. If you don't know what the pricing was when the itinerary was released there is no way of knowing that they inflated the prices or if there were any price drops or incentives in between sales. I always check the online sites that track pricing so that I'm better informed. They don't track incentives such as go better for the price of go big but at least I know what I should be paying for the room category that I'm interested in.

I might add that many, many Cruisers (X and other) are not on these boards and wouldn't be aware of these conversations. They're not 'stupid', but uninformed, especially if they don't use an informed travel agent but book online or through X itself. Full disclosure...I'm NOT a travel agent and don't use one, but for some it's probably the best booking avenue.

Of course you have to look at value. We're now paying $200 less pp than we did for the same cruise in 2014. Same type of cabin.same perks. And we got that for a great deal as the ship was originally going to disembark in Ensenada. Once the port was changed to Vancouver the price soared. 50/80% off means nothing. It's the end price. I'm thrilled with this sale but i understand others are not finding the same prices.

You are quite right others here on CC who have posted against it, that is mainly due to the fact that they did not find a 'deal' on their sailing.

Alas, many were happy with pricing before the sale if they were booked as well. Some were able to get better pricing and jumped on it, others who did not jumped on X ... can not please all passengers, but new bookings will determine if people are happy for sure...

Disclosure: The new sale did NOT help me lower my, already happy with, fares on sailings booked for 2017.

bon voyage

I booked the Summit 3-24-18 FV cabin at a inflated price with $300 OBC this past Sunday. I knew the price was high but I wanted the particular cabin 7199 and had never checked the price before. I just called to see if I could get the 50% off 2nd guest the rep said she didn't think the sale would apply to my cabin then she said she would check with someone else. About 5 minutes later she came back and said I would get the half off 2nd guest and keep the $300 OBC!!! First time with Celebrity and so far I'm a happy camper!

I booked the Summit 3-24-18 FV cabin at a inflated price with $300 OBC this past Sunday. I knew the price was high but I wanted the particular cabin 7199 and had never checked the price before. I just called to see if I could get the 50% off 2nd guest the rep said she didn't think the sale would apply to my cabin then she said she would check with someone else. About 5 minutes later she came back and said I would get the half off 2nd guest and keep the $300 OBC!!! First time with Celebrity and so far I'm a happy camper!

That's great. You should make sure you get the Guest Copy of the invoice reflecting the new pricing and perk. I'm really surprised they would do anything if there was no current pricing on the web.

That's great. You should make sure you get the Guest Copy of the invoice reflecting the new pricing and perk. I'm really surprised they would do anything if there was no current pricing on the web.

I received a new invoice with the new pricing and perk.:)

Oct 19th 12 night from Civitavecchia to Athens also went down. It had already gone down about $500 a few weeks ago (plus we were A2 the price drop is for A1) and now went down even more. Now with all 4 perks we are paying less than we were before the sale. Could save even more if I went with only 2 perks but I think we're going to go with convenience. It only equals about $23 per day in drinks to make it worth it (2 perk cost is about $540 less than 4... add $269 for internet and divide the rest by 12 days (not counting the last day). I was already choosing gratuities/OBC for the first 2... only need 1 person for net anyway hence figuring only $269 for that. I don't have any elite or other discounts to use so that doesn't help.

I'm still going to be watching for more drops until final payment though. Still hoping for more. :)

I just upgraded our party of 3 on Reflectionn on 2/25 form a Veranda 1C to a concierge C1, kept our two perks from our original booking, and saved $65. We could have saved $500 if we stayed in the same class, but decided to take the upgrade. Thankful that in our case it worked out to be a deal.

I just upgraded our party of 3 on Reflectionn on 2/25 form a Veranda 1C to a concierge C1, kept our two perks from our original booking, and saved $65. We could have saved $500 if we stayed in the same class, but decided to take the upgrade. Thankful that in our case it worked out to be a deal.

Unless you need the extra Captain's Club points, staying in the 1C and taking the $500 might have been the better deal.

I might add that many, many Cruisers (X and other) are not on these boards and wouldn't be aware of these conversations. They're not 'stupid', but uninformed, especially if they don't use an informed travel agent but book online or through X itself. Full disclosure...I'm NOT a travel agent and don't use one, but for some it's probably the best booking avenue.

I found Cruise Critic by accident when I was researching cruises. I'm so glad I found this community because I really learned a lot. My only hope is that those who are new to cruising do some research. When I booked my first cruise in 1986 I didn't have the resources we have today. My second cruise in 1991 was our honeymoon cruise. We actually decided to push our wedding date up because Princess was having a 2 for 1 sale. Now 25 years later I am realizing that I may have been a victim of a marketing scam. I might still be single if it wasn't for that sale...:D