Farewell

Andy

Hi Everyone,

Here's the Press Release. I hope you will visit me on the Crystal forum and say hello. Enjoy !

=============================

CRYSTAL APPOINTS CRUISE VETERAN AS SOCIAL MEDIA AMBASSADOR

Luxury line further expands its social media voice as cruise portfolio grows

LOS ANGELES, September 1, 2016 – As it continues with a brand portfolio expansion that will grow its luxury fleet exponentially by 2019, Crystal Cruises is reaching audiences far beyond the well-heeled travelers aboard its award-winning ocean ships, yachts and river yachts. The “World’s Most Awarded Luxury Cruise Line” enjoys a social media presence that includes hundreds of thousand fans on Facebook, engaging content from @crystalcruises on Instagram and Twitter, and strong interest and dialogue on dedicated cruise and travel discussion forums. As such, Crystal’s CEO and president Edie Rodriguez has appointed Andrew (Andy) Geller, veteran host and moderator on popular traveler resource CruiseCritic.com, as social liaison for the online hub’s Crystal queries.

“Andy brings a wealth of experience aboard ships throughout the cruise industry, as well as an active resource for travelers seeking the best possible cruise experience,” says Rodriguez. “We are excited to welcome him to the Crystal family as he acts as the go-to expert for our acclaimed ships, both for our loyal Crystal Society Members and new guests.”

Based in Highland Beach, Fla., Geller is a senior vice president for an independent financial services firm based in Boca Raton. He has parlayed his considerable cruise travel experience into an impressive following with the avid travelers that frequent CruiseCritic.com, having acted as a resident expert and moderator for general and topically specific cruise-related discussions. Geller’s new role will enhance Crystal’s established social engagement efforts, adding a personal voice to the ever growing buzz surrounding the company’s tremendous fleet and brand expansion.

"While I've enjoyed my volunteer time at CruiseCritic.com, I'm honored and thrilled to be part of the Crystal team, and the finest luxury cruise line in the world,” said Geller.

For more information and Crystal reservations, contact a travel agent, call 888.799.2437, or visit http://www.crystalcruises.com. Join the hundreds of thousands who follow the Crystal Cruises Facebook page and @crystalcruises on Twitter and Instagram, and engage in the conversation with #crystalcruises.

Crystal Cruises is the World’s Most Awarded Luxury Cruise Line™, having earned more “World’s Best” accolades than any other cruise line, hotel, or resort in history.  Crystal Cruises has won “World’s Best Cruise Ship” in Condé Nast Traveler’s Reader Choice Awards for 22 years; been voted “World’s Best Large Ship Cruise Line” by Travel + Leisure readers for 20 years; and the “Best Luxury Cruise Line” by Virtuoso for two-consecutive years (2014, 2015 & 2016). In summer 2015, Crystal embarked on the most significant brand expansion in the history of luxury travel and hospitality, introducing three new classes of cruising – the recently launched Crystal Yacht Cruises (December 2015), Crystal River Cruises (July 2016), Crystal Exclusive Class Ocean Cruises (Fall 2019), Crystal Luxury Air (April 2016) and Crystal AirCruises (2017).

###

We are going to have to look into Crystal Cruises.

I'm very impressed by a cruiseline that is actually interested in "hearing" it's passengers and they've certainly chosen a perfect representative for that position!

Andy:

Thanks for your work here and all the time and effort you've given to the Celebrity forum. I'm not sure most people know that your work as host was a volunteer position and not a paid job (unless things had recently changed). Your contribution and help on the forum over the years has been great for all of us.

I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Edited by Lsimon

YES!! Congratulations to both Andy and Crystal!! We have only been on their line once (in doing the Baltics and Russia in 2008). That cruise worked super well!! Right now Crystal is getting lots of attention and involvement with their Serenity ship doing the "Northwest Passage" from Alaska to New York City. Great adventure sailing!!

Appreciate all that Andy has done and look forward to more from him in the future. Crystal is really expanding and going to more unique and exotic locations with many new ships being built. Keith is one of their most active and best Cruise Critic posters. Keith is on that "first" of an Arctic sailing around the top of Canada. Great posts and pictures on the Crystal board right now here at CC.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 154,906 views for this posting.

I, who used to be a very frequent visitor to the Celebrity boards, just stopped back b/c we have a Silhouette booked for December and I wondered if there's anything I should know about.

And what do I find out? Andy will now be on the boards where I hang out all the time! Andy, I am so excited for you -- and for me!

I hope we get to cruise together some time soon. I've said that before, and I am delighted to say it again.

Congratulations to Crystal.

Edited by May B

Andy, that is wonderful for both you and Crystal. Thank you so very much for always getting answers to our questions, your guidance, and the huge effort to monitor this forum. You certainly have the top credentials for this job, and Crystal is indeed very fortunate to get you. Congratulations!

Kathy

After doing 17 cruises on Crystal, I feel that Crystal is getting the better end of the bargain by hiring Andy. That line really needed someone with cruise experience and social media knowledge to bring it into the 21st century. Andy, you will be an enormous asset

I had that feeling that where you will be going... Congratulation! What an opportunity in life to do something you are passionate about.

Crystal could not get a better person for the job. I am very happy for you.

We will miss you dearly here and at sea.

Hi Everyone,

As today is my final day as Host Andy, I'd like to share some closing thoughts before reverting to life as a Cruise Critic member, and my new role for the Cruise line. The Press release is expected tomorrow morning, and you'll know where I'm headed.

As I've previously shared many thoughts in this thread, http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2391824 , I'll try not to repeat myself.

This has been an incredible and life-changing journey. I've absolutely loved my time as your moderator. We're a fantastic community. IMO, there's nothing better than helping each other - sharing information and ideas to ensure a wonderful cruise experience ! I sincerely hope your helpful spirit will always continue. As long as that beautiful spirit continues to thrive, I'm confident that Cruise Critic will remain the go-to cruise resource for generations to come.

If I may offer some friendly advice before I go - When you feel compelled to say something about a member ? Read your post many times, and think about if you'd like those words said about you, before hitting the "post reply" button. I'm confident you'll wind up hitting the delete key instead... and you will be much better off for your wise decision.

My plan is to remain online throughout the day & evening... until midnight. I will then log off, and turn in my Host Andy polo shirt. No, I think I will keep it :). I'm hopeful my new member name will be up and running in the morning. As I type this, I'm still uncertain of what my handle will be... but I hope to share it with you, later today. Please keep in mind that I fully expect to be an active member on this forum, so it's not a final "goodbye" :). I'll be around - only with a slightly different handle.

For those who follow me on Twitter, I will continue to be a part of the Twitterverse.... so that's not changing.

Have you wondered who will be replacing me on the Celebrity forum ? Well, You're in luck ! Please join me in welcoming Host Anne, as she returns to our forum tomorrow. I couldn't be happier for Anne, and for our members. She's a superb Host. With Host Walt & Host Anne steering the ship, I know that our forum will be in great hands.

Time to wrap it up. Thank You Cruise Critic members for all of your kindness and support. I'm counting on the cherished friendships to continue. Thank You to the Celebrity team in Miami for always being gracious. Thank You Cruise Critic, Thank You Laura, Walt & Anne. Last but certainly not least... Thank You Mom, and My Family for always welcoming my endless passion for Cruising. Wishing everyone the very best that life has to offer. Here's to your health and happiness.... along with many Cruises to come. May your life's voyages always be joy-filled !

Sincerely,

Andy Geller

(Host Andy - for a little while longer :) )

Thank you for everything you have contributed!