I work on the Celebrity Equinox, and just flew my drone around the ship in Santorini

slidewilson

It's strange, about 10% of viewers are saying they can't see the video. It may be mobile users? A friend couldn't see it on her iPhone but then it worked using the desktop version. Please let me know if you're able to get it working!

Thanks!

Got "Video not available" on my ipad but it plays at work on my iMac..... :D

And of course it took less than 10 posts for the first "Cruise Critic" to appear [emoji849]

Absolutely awesome video! Great job. Thanks for doing and taking the time to come here and share!

Floris

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was thinking the same thing! There's always a would be attorney....

It's 600 feet out over the open ocean.. who exactly might I hit? ;) :)

I really don't intend to be critical at all...it's a great video...but a number of folks who have purchased drones don't realize that they have a real risk when using them....and they really need to have some sort of insurance should the drone injure someone or something due to no fault of the operator other than bad luck. If you view the video again, you're right for most of it but then there's the flight directly above the ship, directly above those folks sitting around the pool. IMHO, the individual who prepared this video is good enough to be professional (if they already aren't)...in fact I'd encourage them to think about it....but make sure you are insured.

I really don't intend to be critical at all...it's a great video...but a number of folks who have purchased drones don't realize that they have a real risk when using them....and they really need to have some sort of insurance should the drone injure someone or something due to no fault of the operator other than bad luck. If you view the video again, you're right for most of it but then there's the flight directly above the ship, directly above those folks sitting around the pool. IMHO, the individual who prepared this video is good enough to be professional (if they already aren't)...in fact I'd encourage them to think about it....but make sure you are insured.

Fair point. Fun fact though, there isn't actually an insurance company in Greece that offers third party liability insurance for drone flights. How bout that. What's a girl to do?

It took the approval of the ship, the municipality, and the port authority, but it was approved! Have a look at the video:

Thanks for watching! :)

It looks like she had all the bases :eek: covered. :D