If You Could Trade One Current NCL Ship With A Current NON-NCL Ship...

Two Wheels Only

Easy.

Pick one NCL ship (listed below) and trade it for a ship currently in service with another cruise line. It can be bigger for smaller, smaller for bigger, or roughly equal in size. The logos, characters, etc. would change but no structural changes can be made. The ship would follow NCL's policies, pricing, amenities (when possible), etc.

Also, the new ship has to keep the same itinerary as the ship that it is replacing.

Norwegian Escape

Norwegian Jewel

Norwegian Spirit

Norwegian Breakaway

Norwegian Gem

Norwegian Pearl

Norwegian Star

Norwegian Dawn

Norwegian Getaway

Pride of America

Norwegian Sun

Norwegian Epic

Norwegian Jade

Norwegian Sky

Please describe some of the things that you like about the "new" ship.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

For example, trade Breakaway for Harmony of the Seas. Harmony ots would become an NCL ship and would take over Breakaway's itinerary.

LOL fun thread :) I would trade the Breakaway and most any ship that I have sailed on would be Carnival Miracle. I traveled with 3 friends and twice we had an Aft suite that had a separate bedroom with a huge wrap around balcony that we frequently had guests over for a small party :) We had a great deal and between the 3 of us each paid very little no more then if we had booked two balconies. The ship had clean lines, no going 2 floors up and one floor down to get to the other side of ship so it was very easy to navigate and didn't take a half hour to get to the other side ;). The only thing it was missing (for me) was the outdoor movie theater (loved the drive-ins as a kid) and now they have added one.

lose epic grab any oasis class

Any NCL ship for any RCCL Oasis-class ship.

Or, any NCL ship that doesn't have studio cabins for any Quantum-class ship. I wish Norwegian ships had features like the solarium. And it seems like Quantum-class was really RCI's attempt to imitate NCL, so any of those ships would be a good fit. And there's nine--count 'em: nine!--solo cabins.

Easy.

Pick one NCL ship (listed below) and trade it for a ship currently in service with another cruise line. It can be bigger for smaller, smaller for bigger, or roughly equal in size. The logos, characters, etc. would change but no structural changes can be made. The ship would follow NCL's policies, pricing, amenities (when possible), etc.

Also, the new ship has to keep the same itinerary as the ship that it is replacing.

Norwegian Escape

Norwegian Jewel

Norwegian Spirit

Norwegian Breakaway

Norwegian Gem

Norwegian Pearl

Norwegian Star

Norwegian Dawn

Norwegian Getaway

Pride of America

Norwegian Sun

Norwegian Epic

Norwegian Jade

Norwegian Sky

Please describe some of the things that you like about the "new" ship.

Have you taken the time to think about what you are asking? No other line follows NCL's policies, pricing, etc.

But, aside from that, given the same itinerary, I would trade any NCL ship for any Princess, Celebrity, HAL, Royal Caribbean, or Cunard ship in a heartbeat. While I have not sailed any Oceania, Seabourn, Crystal, P & O, Thomson, MCI or Costa ship, I am reasonably certain that I would trade any of them for any NCL ship as well.

The major thing I would like about the "new" ship is that it would not be an NCL ship.

Yes, perhaps my response could be termed silly - but surely not as silly as the question.

Yes, perhaps my response could be termed silly - but surely not as silly as the question.

The question is intentionally silly.

As for the policies/pricing, etc. The point was to prevent people from bringing in another ship and bringing "that ship includes complimentary lobster/bottled water/....." into the scenario. It has to follow NCL's policy and (roughly) the same pricing. If you want to trade Sky for Seven Seas Explorer, that's fine and the ship would have "Sky-like" prices and not Regent prices.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

Or, any NCL ship that doesn't have studio cabins for any Quantum-class ship. I wish Norwegian ships had features like the solarium. And it seems like Quantum-class was really RCI's attempt to imitate NCL, so any of those ships would be a good fit. And there's nine--count 'em: nine!--solo cabins.

Agree with you there, epic really is lacking a solarium

Sent from my iPad using Forums