Interesting...Margatiaville at Sea

Margaretaville has been with NCL for a while now. What they've done is take away a free place for a fee place.It was free for a while on the Escape, but then it became an extra cost, which it is also on the Getaway and Breakaway. From what I've heard, it's nothing like the Margaretaville restaurants on land, and the menu is pretty much duplicated for free at O'sheehans.I doubt Royal missed out on anything.

Margaretaville has been with NCL for a while now. What they've done is take away a free place for a fee place.It was free for a while on the Escape, but then it became an extra cost, which it is also on the Getaway and Breakaway. From what I've heard, it's nothing like the Margaretaville restaurants on land, and the menu is pretty much duplicated for free at O'sheehans.I doubt Royal missed out on anything.

Well NCL is the nickel and dime cruise line. Every turn there is a charge for something.

Ie "you have the most expensive drink package? Wonderful, you want a bottle of water nope, that's $4.10"

Sent from my STV100-1 using Forums mobile app

Well industry wide, free place is being replaced by fee place. I've never eaten at O'Sheehan's but I admit that I struggle to find someone on a RCL ship that can deliver the goods when it comes to Chesseburgers & Nachos like Margaritaville.

almost d+ and cruise the Breakaway two months ago. I have another cruise booked for next year. I loved the "free burger"bar that Maragaritaville is replacing but not concerned because O'Sheehans has the best wings.

It opened on Escape in November 2015 when she set sail. As others have posted, originally it was free and packed. About 6 months after it moved to an a la carte menu and is a ghost town. It is no-where near the quality of food or ambiance that you'll experience on land-based Margaritavilles. They also have a "5 O'Clock Somewhere" bar, which is also sorely underutilized. Believe me, you aren't missing a thing.

Edited by MikeBTN

It opened on Escape in November 2015 when she set sail. As others have posted, originally it was free and packed. About 6 months after it moved to an a la carte menu and is a ghost town. It is no-where near the quality of food or ambiance that you'll experience on land-based Margaritavilles. They also have a "5 O'Clock Somewhere" bar, which is also sorely underutilized. Believe me, you aren't missing a thing.

It was about 3 weeks, not 6 months.

Sorry, I'm not paying a la carte for chain food burgers and nachos on a cruise ship. Just frozen food for flyover state tourists.

Ehh not a big loss...don't vacation to go to Margaritaville or similar (plenty of time in ports to hit them up:D) but have to admit that Guy's Burgers on Carnival were a nice change and NO FEE:eek: as was the Blue Iguana Cantina. If they had been upcharge probably wouldn't have eaten there..

I just got off the Escape. I did eat there for lunch every day (only because it was included for me under a very, very old dining package NCL offered a number of years ago).

It is NOT even close to a Margaritaville on land. Most items aren't there (such as the main entrees - coconut shrimp, etc. - not on the menu).

I'm sure if you search, there's a menu - it's a few types of burgers, fish tacos, fish sandwich, quesadilla, chicken sandwich, and some other sandwich. That's about it (and I saw the starter of the nachos - that I **always** get on land - **shudders** - not even close).

It was good since it was hot, fresh food. If I would have had to pay, probably would have done it once or twice. And, again, only open 12 - 5 for lunch. No dinner hours.

Sounded much better than it was (except it was pretty empty most of the time, so that was a plus). And, location was super hot - due to design and location.

Isn't there a Buffett song in which he makes fun of cruise ship passengers?

If you can't beat 'em....

I think you may be referring to Lovely Cruise? Not sure.

It was humorous for me since I'd just done the tailgating thing here in NY at Jones Beach in late August for Jimmy Buffett. So, I was going there (at least in the beginning) as a joke to my friends (and, of course, sending out a picture each time 'cause I'm mean like that :p ;) ) :D

Did Escape a few months ago ... definitely not as good as a real margaritaville but it was somewhere different to hang out.

NCL needs to rethink how they use it though, would be an awesome spot for sunsets, etc. but they close it at 4-5pm and kick you out so the staff can go work elsewhere. Poor server working with us was frantic that we needed to leave so he could get to his "other" job on time (once he explained that we got moving but had been dragging our feet trying to enjoy the location/drinks/sunset/etc.)

I think you may be referring to Lovely Cruise? Not sure.

It was humorous for me since I'd just done the tailgating thing here in NY at Jones Beach in late August for Jimmy Buffett. So, I was going there (at least in the beginning) as a joke to my friends (and, of course, sending out a picture each time 'cause I'm mean like that :p ;) ) :D

Did you leave your Buffet Bucket at home? :D

Buffet Bucket

by partnering up with Norwegian Getaway. Looks like RCL's ship has sailed. That's a quality brand for Caribbean Cruises and a pretty good place to eat/drink as well. I always wondered why Jimmy Buffet never invested or partnered up w/ a cruise line. Looks like my thoughts were pretty much spot on.
Just glad it's on NCL not RCL.....K.O.:)