Live from Anthem - circumnavigation of Upper New York Bay

hallasm

September 22, 2016 when Anthem of the Seas were leaving Cape Liberty Captain Henrik Loft Sørensen got permission to circumnavigation of Upper New York Bay where she was passing the Statue of Liberty and New York Skyline before passing the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge on her way for a 9 nights Canada and New England Cruise.

See a short video from the circumnavigation of Upper New York Bay

[YOUTUBE]Tz57KpkeBFw[/YOUTUBE]

We did that on Summit in July. Summit has been doing it on most departures for a year. There are instances where it's not allowed, but Summit does it most of the time.

I had taken some great pictures of the statue and NCL Breakaway passing by as well as a NY Fireboat with water spraying, but I dont' have any of them. I left my camera (DSLR) on the Newark Penn train station platform on our return so those photos are lost forever. Someone now owns my stolen camera, sigh. It was never turned in and I had around 300 pictures from our Bermuda cruise including probably 25 great shots of the statue.

Edited by BND

Thank you for sharing. How were you able to splice it together so quickly? 26 more days. :)

I do have a cam corder with SDHC memory card. Insert the card into the PC and use Microsoft Movie Maker for editing - and then a wifi connection to upload to youtube.

Enjoy your Anthem Cruise.

Sorry, not being English speaking I do not know what you mean by 'periscope' - more cruise videos at http://YouTube.com/mogenshallas

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Periscope is an app that allows you to live stream videos. People can post live questions to you that scroll across the screen. There are a bunch of posters that have added periscopes to their live reviews.

Periscope is an app that allows you to live stream videos. People can post live questions to you that scroll across the screen. There are a bunch of posters that have added periscopes to their live reviews.

Thank you reallyitsmema, I was not aware of that app. Looking very interesting.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did that on Summit in July. Summit has been doing it on most departures for a year. There are instances where it's not allowed, but Summit does it most of the time.

I had taken some great pictures of the statue and NCL Breakaway passing by as well as a NY Fireboat with water spraying, but I dont' have any of them. I left my camera (DSLR) on the Newark Penn train station platform on our return so those photos are lost forever. Someone now owns my stolen camera, sigh. It was never turned in and I had around 300 pictures from our Bermuda cruise including probably 25 great shots of the statue.

Too bad about your camera. I would be devastated. Here is one from the Summit last August.

21196973655_beb50d7c95_b.jpg

Does the captain announce before sail away that he is going north into the harbor? (so that I can plan to be on port instead of starboard side of the solarium, depending on the view)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yes. The captain did announce it well in advance. Crowded at the upper deck, but also a good view from the balconies. Both sides since the ship is turning around.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes. The captain did announce it well in advance. Crowded at the upper deck, but also a good view from the balconies. Both sides since the ship is turning around.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good morning! I woke up to 46 degrees this morning. How chilly is it for you up North today? :eek:

Edited by champagne123
sssss