Smoking on balconies

LeCricket

For those of you that frequently book balconies, how often have you run across smoking neighbors? Is it pretty uncommon? It would be such a bummer to pay for a balcony and have to put up with smoke.

Thanks.

Cricket

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Smoking is no longer permitted on any balcony, so if you smell someone smoking, turn them in.

Since the ban, we have only had an issue once and it was with a person who was vaping a very nasty smelling, large device.

We had a chain smoker next door,

The cabin steward beat us to reporting him, the call came though from the steward as we were at customer services

Next day I was on the balcony and he poked his head around the balcony asking if I minded him smoking

The next day we had to complain again, this time we got a visit from a member of staff, it seems there was no telling him

We had a similar issue with noise on Celebrity . People nesxt door where playing cards and shouting until 2 or 3 AM. People in six cabins away heard them. After two warning they where told . If you continue you will be charged for the cruise fares of people that complained.

I think they would handle smokers the same way.

Jeez folks...this is really a non-issue. The wind blows it away, so YOU aren't breathing it. Live and let live. I can't imagine spending my vacation time trying to "catch" someone doing something they aren't supposed to. Waste of MY time!~

Above ^^^ so true. :D

Jeez folks...this is really a non-issue. The wind blows it away, so YOU aren't breathing it. Live and let live. I can't imagine spending my vacation time trying to "catch" someone doing something they aren't supposed to. Waste of MY time!~

No time was wasted catching anyone, when someone is stupid enough to stand at the rail of their balcony at sail away, vaping nasty juice, it is pretty easy to spot. The wind was blowing the vapor directly at us as they were two cabins away.

I have only had a blacony once on disney but never had an issue. While I am not a complainer I would report smokers if I encountered it. It has nothing to do with them breaking the rules. My health and my families health is number one. I would not pay for a balcony and then not be use it becuase of someone's addiction.

This is not a non-issue as some people would like to have you believe - it is a HUGE issue when there is to be no smoking on balconies and passengers continue to do it. It doesn't matter which way the wind is blowing - the wind on a balcony can get caught in a tunnel effect and you smell and breathe in the smoke. For a non-smoker or someone who has health issues, this is a very big deal. PLEASE do not belittle someone who does not want to experience smoke while on their balcony.

OP, to answer you, sadly every cruise since the new policy was implemented, we have smelled smoke and seen people smoking on their balcony.

I have little tolerance for people who break the rules and put an entire ship in jeopardy by throwing cigarettes overboard since there are no ashtrays on the balconies.

I've heard the fine for being caught smoking on the balcony is $250. If I were a die hard smoker, I'd just pay the $250 upfront and ask nicely for an ashtray. The $250 would simply become part of the cruise cost.

Royal needs a much stiffer penalty.

You can be absolutely certain that if I smell smoke wafting around my balcony I'm going to "catch" this rule breaker and turn them in.

I have little tolerance for people who break the rules and put an entire ship in jeopardy by throwing cigarettes overboard since there are no ashtrays on the balconies.

I've heard the fine for being caught smoking on the balcony is $250. If I were a die hard smoker, I'd just pay the $250 upfront and ask nicely for an ashtray. The $250 would simply become part of the cruise cost.

Royal needs a much stiffer penalty.

You can be absolutely certain that if I smell smoke wafting around my balcony I'm going to "catch" this rule breaker and turn them in.

It's not a one time fine.

1st offense - Warning

2nd offense - $250.00 fine

3rd offense - Put off the ship

It's not a one time fine.

1st offense - Warning

2nd offense - $250.00 fine

3rd offense - Put off the ship

Thanks for the clarification.

Royal needs to skip #1 altogether. The rules on smoking are clear and appear on the cruise docs, so smokers already know they cannot smoke on balconies.

We use our balcony a lot, every day for a few hours just to relax and get fresh air. If there was a smoker I would be complaining every single time and trying to figure out where they were if I could not tell myself.

I will not cruise any cruise line that allows smoking on the Balcony even a free cruise would not have me on it.

Above ^^^ so true. :D

06-03-starprincess-burnt.jpg

WRONG. besides it is NOT a waste of MY time when MY enjoyment of my balcony is negatively impacted. they don't just smoke during sea days, and if I am downwind damn skippy is blows right next door into my space.