Smoking on balconies

LeCricket

Oh poncho! Every time I see you have posted I click on our old bananasinabowl thread and laugh my head off. It is therapeutic. Thanks for being such a delight. Farts and all. And I know it was you. ;)

That is an epic thread. I love it with all of my heart.

I'm pretty sure I was clear it was someone else! ;)

The funniest part is that there are people that see my posts online and they make statements like "You're all funny and bold ONLINE but you'd never be that way in real life!!! Mr. hides behind his keyboard!!!" But the neat part is that anyone who has ever met me in real life thinks I'm pretty tame and toned down online. I credit the time it takes to type and hit enter vs. just saying random crap.

However, to my credit, even when I'm enthusiastic about something I'm not really mean or hateful about it. I usually just speak my mind and make fun of something. Spite and anger aren't really in my wheelhouse most of the time. Boldness, bluntness, and sarcasm? Yes. Hatefulness, venom, and hurtful? Not where I'm coming from 99.9% of the time. Although, butthurt can occur in some users.

Your analogy was hysterical....even though it was not YOU. :D

In all seriousness, I can tell you that even the rudest smoker will back down off their claim that smoking on a balcony makes smoke not smell if you use this trick.

The reactions people make when someone farts are pretty awesome. Or if you are more shy, a can of stink spray would prove the same point.

Jeez folks...this is really a non-issue. The wind blows it away, so YOU aren't breathing it. Live and let live. I can't imagine spending my vacation time trying to "catch" someone doing something they aren't supposed to. Waste of MY time!~

There are certain people that live for this! They are just not happy unless they're complaining! I've had 37 years of dealing with them. I can't take them when I'm on vacation! Smokers don't annoy me, complainers do!

Elvis

There are certain people that live for this! They are just not happy unless they're complaining! I've had 37 years of dealing with them. I can't take them when I'm on vacation! Smokers don't annoy me, complainers do!

Elvis

I've got a test for you, Elvis... come on over here... :D

There was this guy once, totally not me, just some guy. He wasn't me, but his name was like proncho1793 or something. He wasn't me, ok? He was a friend. Well anyway. This one time on a cruise where someone was smoking on their balcony and said that smoke magically flies away never to bother anyone ever... remember this wasn't me, ok? So he went near the divider and really ripped a massive one. And well, that guy... he stank that night. That other guy. And the smoker smelled it and made a comment. And that other guy said "Farting anywhere outside is ok. The smell gets sucked up by magic and floats to moon making it impossible for anyone else to smell it. YOU CAN'T SMELL IT!!! It's impossible!!! It's my right to fart!"

The guy next to that guy didn't smoke on his balcony again. Or so I heard from my friend.

LMAO!!!! Love it!!!!

It continues.... until Royal does something more drastic than a warning or a small fine, it will continue....

This week on Enchantment.... we were on Deck 8. Every night, I saw a couple smoking on their balcony on Deck 7. It was while we were cruising... They saw me watching and tried to hide it but one can see a cigarette from miles, we learned this in the Army.

Honestly, I didn't smell anything and I hate smoking.... I didn't report them because I had no idea what cabin they were in as it was a life boat down from us. But the point here, it does still go on actively. My last 3 cruises on balconies, I have seen people smoke. I report if I can identify the cabin.

It appears the only true way to stop smoking on the Balconies is to ban all smoking material from all ships. Until such times, there will be many who continue to violate the policy, even though they are provided with smoking areas.

Edited by troykahack

It continues.... until Royal does something more drastic than a warning or a small fine, it will continue....

This week on Enchantment.... we were on Deck 8. Every night, I saw a couple smoking on their balcony on Deck 7. It was while we were cruising... They saw me watching and tried to hide it but one can see a cigarette from miles, we learned this in the Army.

Honestly, I didn't smell anything and I hate smoking.... I didn't report them because I had no idea what cabin they were in as it was a life boat down from us. But the point here, it does still go on actively. My last 3 cruises on balconies, I have seen people smoke. I report if I can identify the cabin.

It appears the only true way to stop smoking on the Balconies is to ban all smoking material from all ships. Until such times, there will be many who continue to violate the policy, even though they are provided with smoking areas.

I don't think banning smoking material is the answer. I have a cigar every night. I follow the rules. I'm either in the cigar lounge or in a smoking area. Why should I be penalized for the actions of a few inconsiderate individuals? If people are violating the rules and it's annoying you, by all means report them. Just leave me alone. I abide by the rules!

Elvis

I don't think banning smoking material is the answer. I have a cigar every night. I follow the rules. I'm either in the cigar lounge or in a smoking area. Why should I be penalized for the actions of a few inconsiderate individuals? If people are violating the rules and it's annoying you, by all means report them. Just leave me alone. I abide by the rules!

Elvis

It needs a heavier penalty .... not a warning and then a small fine... make it hurt.... Thank you for following the rules, some don't like rules, some think they are better than rules, some think they are entitled to break the rules... just don't be one...

It needs a heavier penalty .... not a warning and then a small fine... make it hurt.... Thank you for following the rules, some don't like rules, some think they are better than rules, some think they are entitled to break the rules... just don't be one...

There are heavier penalties after the fine. They are put off the ship.

Elvis

Banning works though. Those that want to smoke will try a different cruise line more sympathetic to smokers. The no smoking thing works ok for Disney[emoji1]

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Sorry no should have been clearer as an analogy there has been comparison with Disney for how they handle other things like gambling specifically and they don't hurt for passengers either

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

There are heavier penalties after the fine. They are put off the ship.

Look, smoking is banned in your cabin and balconies. Everyone should know this. No warning on first offense, make it hurt and then the word will get out and most will stop smoking on the balconies.

Until such time that the first offense means something, smoking on balconies will continue to be an issue. There is designated smoking areas.

Why can't people just follow the rules.... on everything....

Jeez folks...this is really a non-issue. The wind blows it away, so YOU aren't breathing it.

Sometimes I wonder if you purposely post false information.

Smoke next to me while I'm enjoying my balcony and I'll report you. Period.

Cabin steward as well as guest relations on Liberty told me they must observe the violation, or see evidence in cabin, no videos or pictures of smokers are permitted when guest are on their balcony taken by another guest as it is a violation of privacy, which is a more severe violation than the smoking ban.

Edited by sugcarol

Just RIDICULOUS. I have posted many times that I am not a smoker and smoke does not and never will bother me. I grew up with it. (dad). We always had it in:

Restaurants, bars, grocery stores, movie theater's, airlines, buses, EVERYWHERE. Now...you cannot smoke anywhere and I see people outside in snow storms having a cigarette.

When people are in the SMOKING SECTION and one has a problem with it..GET OUT..GO AWAY. Don't wave your hand back and forth in front of your face....don't cover your nose with your hands....don't give dirty looks...etc. Smokers have had all their rights pretty much taken away from them and non smokers will NEVER be happy.

While I am on a rant...I as so sick of the smoking threads. I don't know what they accomplish other than people complaining about it and saying the same things over and over and over again.

If you don't like the thread, don't read it.... if you don't like smoking in the smoking section leave. However, I dont like dealing with smoke in my room. Had that problem last cruise and frankly I just kept the door shut, I did not want to accuse someone without proof and I did not want to invade their space by looking around the barrier.... now that I know the rules more clearly... I wont be that forgiving in the future.

If you don't like the thread, don't read it.... if you don't like smoking in the smoking section leave. However, I dont like dealing with smoke in my room. Had that problem last cruise and frankly I just kept the door shut, I did not want to accuse someone without proof and I did not want to invade their space by looking around the barrier.... now that I know the rules more clearly... I wont be that forgiving in the future.

You totally should have looked around the barrier if you thought you smelled smoke - I don't think your neighbors would have taken offense if they weren't the people smoking :D

Hi Folks

For all cruises leaving or arriving at Australian ports smoking is totally banned inside the ship .. open air smoking area;s are designated and these are the ONLY area's where its permitted to smoke.

If you dont care for a smoky cruise perhaps you can consider Australia for your next cruise ....:D

Years ago I operated a small hotel , the damage to soft furnishings and paintwork caused by smoke was huge , If I was running a hotel or a cruise ship I would not allow any smoking by either crew or passengers as the damage to by $$$$ bottom line is not worth it .

This was years ago and I can only surmise that more and more operators will switch to no smoking at all .. after all the majority of airlines have done so already ....

Compare this to 40 years ago when smoking was the accepted norm ... smoking will fade into obscurity in due course ...:p:eek:

Best regards

John

You totally should have looked around the barrier if you thought you smelled smoke - I don't think your neighbors would have taken offense if they weren't the people smoking :D

Exactly. Just act all innocent - I thought there might be a fire!

No big deal, however on our last cruise we had an aft veranda and not only did the party next to us smoke on the veranda but they had (AND THIS IS WHAT GOT ME) the nerve to slide their used ashtray, with two crushed out butts in it, under the wall between our verandas to our side at night when they were done smoking. We turned them in and they were visited by security a day or so later.

bosco