why does the location of the bed matter?

montlee

I'm not condemning, I'm just curious why anyone cares whether the bed is closer to the closet or the balcony door. I've been on many cruises, some inside cabins and various balcony ones - water view, Boardwalk and Central Park views. I cannot tell you where my bed was in any of them.

What am I missing here?

I'm not condemning, I'm just curious why anyone cares whether the bed is closer to the closet or the balcony door. I've been on many cruises, some inside cabins and various balcony ones - water view, Boardwalk and Central Park views. I cannot tell you where my bed was in any of them.

What am I missing here?

In the ocean view cabins some bed face out from the window so you cannot see the sea when sitting in them - In others they are as below so have a good view of the sea

DSCF2280_zps29cfrzte.jpg

DSCF2281_zpsxssfqdhd.jpg

Edited by fragilek

People have a preference as to where the bed is, especially on Oasis class ships, because of the limited access to the closet if the bed is by the closet. Some have issues on Quantum class too but not sure why as the closets are on a different wall.

We don't book a particular configuration but we do like the bed by the balcony more than the other configuration but not enough to study deck plans and answer keys to get it that way.;):p

It's all about personal preference. We prefer the bed by the bath in a balcony cabin as it feels like a larger living area between the sofa and balcony. Of course if the beds are split on the Oasis class the are impossible to get into. If they are together it is snug but definitely doable.

As above we have had both configurations and are fine with either. We book cabins based on location and other factors, not bed placement.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I prefer the bed by the balcony so I can open the door and hear the sound of the waves better. Or like someone mentioned before, you can see the water better if the bed is next to the balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I prefer mattress side up and find it more comfortable. Some people prefer the box spring but to each their own. And then some people can't sleep going against the forward motion of the ship. It turns into a Ying / Yang thing. Personally WHO CARES???????:eek:

What am I missing here?

I'm SO glad you asked this, because I've always wondered the same thing :) Can't believe it's such a big deal for people

I just got off a back to back on Anthem of the Seas. The first cruise the bed was closer to the bathroom. Balcony cabins are not very wide so it doesn't give a lot of room to move around the bed to get to the sofa/desk/balcony. Plus, my DH was on that cruise with me, but not the second cruise.

The second cruise I had to move to another cabin and the bed was next to the balcony door. Made the whole cabin seem bigger since the first thing you see when you enter the cabin is the sofa/desk area - with space to walk around. (Or maybe it just seemed bigger because I had it all to myself)! :)

Personally I preferred the second cabin with the bed near the balcony door, but I wouldn't base my booking a cabin on where the bed is located (especially since I don't know where the bed is located in any cabins other than the two I was in)!

Susan

Wow, this is actually a thread....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Wow, this is actually a post? If you have a preference and know what it is, you can pick your room accordingly.

I prefer mattress side up and find it more comfortable. Some people prefer the box spring but to each their own. And then some people can't sleep going against the forward motion of the ship. It turns into a Ying / Yang thing. Personally WHO CARES???????:eek:

LOL! Yeah, there's a lot of things to consider...

I also agree that it isn't a deal-breaker about where the bed is placed....

BUT I do feel that the bed by the closets creates a bottleneck as soon as you walk into the room. Since there is very little clearance between the foot of the bed and the vanity, it seems as if you immediately walk into a bottleneck if the bed is near the bathroom/closets.

I prefer the bed by the balcony but don't usually go to the trouble of ferreting out any particular configuration.