Can C&A loyalty points be transfered?

Hello- my inlaws are no longer able to cruise. They have sailed over 100 days with RCI. Can their points be transfered to another family member?

Thank you for your input.:)

Welcome to CC.

Nope.

Imagine how many points some would have if they were.

When my first wife died I called C&A asked I inherited her points they just laughed.

Wouldn't you have loyalty match with her?

Ie if you had 30 points and Platinum and she had 80 points (Diamond) since you were married you would both be diamond even after she passed.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Forums mobile app

Imagine the resale opportunities! When someone gets older and does not sail anymore, he could sell his points to the highest bidder...

Since the points are more of a history of your travel, and not like airline miles which are accrued and then used, there is no valid reason to transfer them.

OTOH, airline miles are more line currency in which you receive a credit of points, and then a debit of those points when you use them up. If you do not use them, they can be transferred to a spouse for example since they are worth something.

HA! That would be nice, we could all inherit loyalty status from grandparents. Or trade them back and forth every time someone is taking a cruise to build up points faster. No- there is no way this will ever happen. They don't even let kids keep their parents loyalty status after they turn 18 (I don't think anyway), and I'm pretty sure if you inherit your status through marriage you also lose it through divorce. So, no.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They don't even let kids keep their parents loyalty status after they turn 18 (I don't think anyway), and I'm pretty sure if you inherit your status through marriage you also lose it through divorce. So, no.

Actually, kids do keep their status. And divorcees only lose their status if the party with status declares another SO.

Biker, who thinks this may become the post whore thread of the day.

Actually, kids do keep their status. And divorcees only lose their status if the party with status declares another SO.

Biker, who thinks this may become the post whore thread of the day.

I stand corrected [emoji4] Disclaimer that I've never inherited points or status either way so, I was just going off what I've read (or so I thought).

Count me in for another vote for "post whore thread" lol.

I just remembered.

A few years ago, I was thinking about taking a cruise on Regent.

My parents used to cruise on Regent.

The agent immediately pulled up their account.

No, she didn't give me their status or their points, but she offered me a discount based on them "referring" me. (they were dead)

They don't even let kids keep their parents loyalty status after they turn 18 (I don't think anyway)

Children keep parents status, but after they turn 21 (maybe) they only get to next level on their own merit. The reason I think it's 21 is our now 19 year old just got an e-mail congratulating him on diamond status after our cruise last month where me and my wife just earned diamond status. His points are only platinum. Also, even though over 18, I believe he can't book a cruise on his own until he is 21. Or maybe C&A made a mistake, which I don't want to bring to their attention....

HA! That would be nice, we could all inherit loyalty status from grandparents. Or trade them back and forth every time someone is taking a cruise to build up points faster. No- there is no way this will ever happen. They don't even let kids keep their parents loyalty status after they turn 18 (I don't think anyway), and I'm pretty sure if you inherit your status through marriage you also lose it through divorce. So, no.

Sadly true. My sister has only come on a few of our cruises so is stuck as a lowly gold member :P. She'll have to be real nice to me if she wants any free drinks lol

Children keep parents status, but after they turn 21 (maybe) they only get to next level on their own merit. The reason I think it's 21 is our now 19 year old just got an e-mail congratulating him on diamond status after our cruise last month where me and my wife just earned diamond status. His points are only platinum. Also, even though over 18, I believe he can't book a cruise on his own until he is 21. Or maybe C&A made a mistake, which I don't want to bring to their attention....

It's 18 so make sure you don't mention it to Royal.

For all tiers except Pinnacle Club, a relationship is defined as a spouse or significant other and children less than 18 years old. For Pinnacle Club a relationship is considered a spouse and/or significant other. Children will be taken out of a relationship with a parent or guardian upon their 18th birthday date. If it is found that a dependent or child is not immediately removed from a relationship upon their 18th birthday and accumulates a higher tier status outside of this time period, the dependents record will be adjust back to the appropriate tier status.

It's 18 so make sure you don't mention it to Royal.

For all tiers except Pinnacle Club, a relationship is defined as a spouse or significant other and children less than 18 years old. For Pinnacle Club a relationship is considered a spouse and/or significant other. Children will be taken out of a relationship with a parent or guardian upon their 18th birthday date. If it is found that a dependent or child is not immediately removed from a relationship upon their 18th birthday and accumulates a higher tier status outside of this time period, the dependents record will be adjust back to the appropriate tier status.

Really, a significant other? How do they qualify that? I didn't know I could give a boyfriend my point status (or can it be anyone I designate as a "significant other"?)

Edited by ColoradoGurl

Really, a significant other? How do they qualify that? I didn't know I could give a boyfriend my point status (or can it be anyone I designate as a "significant other"?)

My SO is linked to me. I believe it's because we live together (same address)

Sent from my STV100-1 using Forums mobile app