LIVE from ANTHEM of the Seas - October 20, 2016

Thank you Yorkville in great posts [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Forums mobile app

And here I thought my worldly husband had schooled me on all the number two euphemisms. Hilarious!

P.S. Always love your reviews.

Thx for taking us along for the ride Yorkster :D:D:D

Thanks for following along.

We were 2 of the last 70 to leave the ship today. That made it easy to come up with a team name for pub trivia tonight.

As if we didn't play enough trivia the last 9 days. This is good therapy to help the PCD though.

62c2a836a03f7877baac38ac95e6e245.jpg

And I decided to change it up a bit and take a break from the usual Poland Spring cocktail for a fine Italian water.

Sure enough my old amigo Tito had to go ahead and photobomb the special moment.

0c384cca9c61bb6982e8591c1e74720d.jpg

Edited by Yorkvillain

Alright, it's time to put you all out of your misery and end this with some random thoughts.

- I loved the IFly. It's definitely worth trying at least once.

- The bumper cars were fun too. I didn't do the IFly or bumper cars on the Quantum last year. I'm glad I did both this time.

- The house band "Rock the Boat" in Music Hall was pretty good and very entertaining.

- Dru Pavlov is an excellent Cruise Director. He is funny (but not annoying). He also hosted the TV theme song trivia events in Music Hall. I spoke with Dru and the Captain for a few minutes on the final night. Both of them were a pleasure to speak with.

- The Captain said that they feel the Quantum class is a "perfect" size and the Project Icon ships will be a similar size. It didn't sound like the Icon Class will be a "Quantum Plus" type of class but rather it's own design.

- The Captain also said that they had some important meetings regarding Baltimore this week. They love Baltimore and want to be there long term. A new terminal after the bridge is likely to happen so bigger ships can home port Baltimore in the future. He said if they could put a Radiance class in Baltimore they would have done that already.

- The air conditioning in our room was the best we ever had. We both like arctic conditions so this was amazing. Our room on the Allure a few years ago was the warmest we ever had.

- The staff/service may have been the best we ever had too. What a fantastic crew.

- We both had the wifi package. Texting worked great between us ("I found two pool chairs by the entrance to the indoor pool" or "Man, I could really go for a Corona right now").

- If you ever do a live review, I highly recommend using the Cruise Critic or Tapatalk app and skip the 3rd party photo hosting sites. It is so simple. I'll never do a live review the old way ever again.

- I scanned all of the Cruise Compasses with the "Scannable" app. It is much better than the app I formally used: "DocScan".

- They never opened the pool roof. We've now completed 18 days on the Quantum class and have never seen the roof open. That's a big deal to us since there is only one outdoor pool and we like to be outside on vacation when it is hot out. To be fair though, of those 18 days they probably could have only opened it on 10 or 11 of those days because of the weather.

- People using their phones to cheat at trivia for zipper pulls or key chains is just mind boggling.

- If it were up to me, I would pull the plug on Vintages. It always seems completely empty. Or at least make it a smaller venue. The Norwegian Escape has the right idea. Their wine bar is on the smaller side but not crowded.

- Not drinking any alcohol on a cruise is not as bad as it seems. No, seriously.

- There are plenty of healthy options in the Windjammer and Solarium Bistro.

- I usually gain between 3-8 lbs. on every cruise. On this cruise I lost 5 lbs. Besides eating healthy and not having any alcohol, I was also pretty active.

Thank you all for following along.

Tim

Alex, I'll take "Where is Yorkvillain going next for $400".

cbf78c3ddf40f993735814ab45a7e211.jpg

NEXT UP:

- Four grueling months of waiting until we board the Navigator of the Seas for a 9-night Southern Caribbean cruise from Miami on March 3rd.

9856612a0adde936129f46b8fb6585e7.jpg

Edited by Yorkvillain

Alright, it's time to put you all out of your misery and end this with some random thoughts.

- I loved the IFly. It's definitely worth trying at least once.

- The bumper cars were fun too. I didn't do the IFly or bumper cars on the Quantum last year. I'm glad I did both this time.

- The house band "Rock the Boat" in Music Hall was pretty good and very entertaining.

- Dru Pavlov is an excellent Cruise Director. He is funny (but not annoying). He also hosted the TV theme song trivia events in Music Hall. I spoke with Dru and the Captain for a few minutes on the final night. Both of them were a pleasure to speak with.

- The Captain said that they feel the Quantum class is a "perfect" size and the Project Icon ships will be a similar size. It didn't sound like the Icon Class will be a "Quantum Plus" type of class but rather it's own design.

- The Captain also said that they had some important meetings regarding Baltimore this week. They love Baltimore and want to be there long term. A new terminal after the bridge is likely to happen so bigger ships can home port Baltimore in the future. He said if they could put a Radiance class in Baltimore they would have done that already.

- The air conditioning in our room was the best we ever had. We both like arctic conditions so this was amazing. Our room on the Allure a few years ago was the warmest we ever had.

- The staff/service may have been the best we ever had too. What a fantastic crew.

- We both had the wifi package. Texting worked great between us ("I found two pool chairs by the entrance to the indoor pool" or "Man, I could really go for a Corona right now").

- If you ever do a live review, I highly recommend using the Cruise Critic or Tapatalk app and skip the 3rd party photo hosting sites. It is so simple. I'll never do a live review the old way ever again.

- I scanned all of the Cruise Compasses with the "Scannable" app. It is much better than the app I formally used: "DocScan".

- They never opened the pool roof. We've now completed 18 days on the Quantum class and have never seen the roof open. That's a big deal to us since there is only one outdoor pool and we like to be outside on vacation when it is hot out. To be fair though, of those 18 days they probably could have only opened it on 10 or 11 of those days because of the weather.

- People using their phones to cheat at trivia for zipper pulls or key chains is just mind boggling.

- If it were up to me, I would pull the plug on Vintages. It always seems completely empty. Or at least make it a smaller venue. The Norwegian Escape has the right idea. Their wine bar is on the smaller side but not crowded.

- Not drinking any alcohol on a cruise is not as bad as it seems. No, seriously.

- There are plenty of healthy options in the Windjammer and Solarium Bistro.

- I usually gain between 3-8 lbs. on every cruise. On this cruise I lost 5 lbs. Besides eating healthy and not having any alcohol, I was also pretty active.

Thank you all for following along.

Tim

Alex, I'll take "Where is Yorkvillain going next for $400".

cbf78c3ddf40f993735814ab45a7e211.jpg

NEXT UP:

- Four grueling months of waiting until we board the Navigator of the Seas for a 9-night Southern Caribbean cruise from Miami on March 3rd.

9856612a0adde936129f46b8fb6585e7.jpg

Laura is doing that voyage in December.

I'll be on Serenade in March doing similar itinerary, but probably after you've been through. Thanks for taking us with you.

Oh, and I had a dream about the squatty potty, it almost didn't end well. 😱

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Edited by John&LaLa

All very interesting bits of information. Thank you.

EXCELLENT!!! Dr Ho would be so proud ! I did really like the Anthem gym - when it wasn't packed. They had a few interesting cardio machines that my gym doesn't have. I forced myself to stay there until I had burned at least 600 calories per visit. (justification for the ice cream and fries...)

First day back at work and I have to stare at this AD on the train first thing in the morning.

Not funny.

ab5d173216e506bac48c6aa052957860.jpg

Not funny at all, espically if haven't eaten breakfast. :eek:

This is the same type of ad that Anthony Skipsy would have taken the photos for, only for sports desk activities.

Thanks for another great review! Always enjoy a good laugh. Very funny!

Oh BYW, read your "potty squatty" segment to my husband and because of you, potty squatty just made another sale. They should give you some commission or some kind of compensation for your endorsement! LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 4 months later...
Here ya go York. RE: the Question I asked, in your Periscope Eariler. [emoji6][emoji106]

Alpha, Alpha, Alpha is the code for Medical Emergency aboard Royal Caribbean ships.

Bravo, Bravo, Bravo, used by many cruise lines to alert crew to a fire or other serious incident on board without alarming passengers.

Charlie, Charlie, Charlie is the code for a security threat aboard Royal Caribbean ships.

Delta, Delta, Delta is the code for a possible bio-hazard among some cruise lines.

Echo, Echo, Echo is the code for a possible collision with another ship or the shore aboard Royal Caribbean ships. On board some cruise lines this means danger of high winds while at port. It alerts the crew responsible for the gangway, thrusters etc... to get into position and be ready for new maneuvers.

Oscar, Oscar, Oscar is the code for Man Overboard aboard Royal Caribbean ships.

Zulu, Zulu, Zulu is the code for a fight aboard most cruise lines.

AND a video example, of Echo Echo Echo, being used.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

and *&^&% dammit is code for "A 75 year old woman heard somebody shout BINGO.

• 2 months later...