Shoreside concierge service

LabGuy64

I was wondering about others experiances with the shore side concierge. I have been finding her unresponsive, not getting back to me with answers to questions...not responding to emails. How has your experiance been with them?

I was wondering about others experiances with the shore side concierge. I have been finding her unresponsive, not getting back to me with answers to questions...not responding to emails. How has your experiance been with them?

Ok, we have received an email about two weeks before, responded, had confirmation of our requests and that has been it. We have not had any real issues, queries, needing feedback. Last cruise our butler had sorted our spirits but not our beers but no big deal, sorted in minutes when we boarded.

Is the shore side concierge an amenity just for suites? I have sailed in 'concierge class' many times and have never been offered the services of a shore side concierge. OP, are you in a suite or a C level cabin?

Is the shore side concierge an amenity just for suites? I have sailed in 'concierge class' many times and have never been offered the services of a shore side concierge. OP, are you in a suite or a C level cabin?

Only for Suites and Zenith.

Shoreside concierge contacts PH, RS and sometimes CS pre cruise.

'Concierge' seems a confusing term sometimes on Celebrity!

shore side concierge in MHO is a waste of time; I received an e-mail from a Shore side concierge on our last cruise; stating "let me know if there's anything I can do for you on your upcoming cruise". I responded with a couple of very minor requests. They never responded, or e-mailed us back. My opinion, don't waste your time. :(

On our cruise this past January in a Royal Suite we were contacted by the concierge via email about 5 days prior to departure. We emailed her back with our requests and then she called us back within 2 days advising what she could or could not confirm or what was on request. (It was basically just mini-bar stuff we requested) Once onboard we found we had all the items we requested except two, one of which was alcohol they did not have available onboard and the other was juice which there just wasn't room for along with all the other items in the fridge and that we were able to get as needed through the butler.

This time for our late January cruise in the Penthouse I already got an email this week from the concierge asking if we had any questions and a note saying that she would follow up with us closer to departure for any special requests we had.

They've been very helpful!

We'll see, but I think it varries by Concierge. On our upcomming cruise on Wednesday, we were contacted the furtherst out yet, about three weeks. We had a number of requests, which there was no need to respond to, and most requests were handled well. We had one request for some ground trasnportation that she had to ask a destination concierge to help with, but we never heard back. Another odd ball question about parking at a port where we overnight was not answered, but I just got in touch with the port myself. And finally, we were given a canned answer about which nights were going to be chic nights. She said the second night would be a chic night, but we're in port until 8pm so I doubt that will be the case, and more likely it will move. When I questioned her she said it was too soon to know but never confirmed. My partner should have a spa appointmet booked around it, and we'll entertain around it, so it would have been nice to know as we have friend onboard.

In the end, we'll see how effective she was when we board on Wednesday and as the cruise progresses as we had a number of more specual requests for this upcomming B2B cruise.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

We're in our first RS in early Dec and we already heard from the shoreside concierge about 2 weeks ago. She left a voice message and I called back a couple of days later. She was very nice and asked about our liquor and mini fridge choices, and also asked if we needed any restaurant reservations. I have every confidence all will be as expected when we board!

This has been my experience as well, We asked to swap the champagne for a chardonnay as we don't care for champagne and the concierge sad no problem...I will get you a list of chardonnay you can choose from...no list ever came, She sent a list of spirits for the room...but, mentioned that I could ask for something off the list..which I did. She said that she would have to ask and see if they had it on the ship.....never mentioned again. i asked if she could set up a reservation for a window table in luminae on the first night for 7:00....just the first night and gave the time knowing they can't just hold a table all night....her response was that you don't need a reservation for luminae but, that she would let them know we prefer a 7:00 dinner....after explaining it again she said she understood what i wanted and why....but, never contacted us to say if it was set up or not....other questions went unanswered.....very frustrating

shore side concierge in MHO is a waste of time; I received an e-mail from a Shore side concierge on our last cruise; stating "let me know if there's anything I can do for you on your upcoming cruise". I responded with a couple of very minor requests. They never responded, or e-mailed us back. My opinion, don't waste your time. :(

if you were dealing with Carrie...don't hold your breath

We'll see, but I think it varries by Concierge. On our upcomming cruise on Wednesday, we were contacted the furtherst out yet, about three weeks. We had a number of requests, which there was no need to respond to, and most requests were handled well. We had one request for some ground trasnportation that she had to ask a destination concierge to help with, but we never heard back. Another odd ball question about parking at a port where we overnight was not answered, but I just got in touch with the port myself. And finally, we were given a canned answer about which nights were going to be chic nights. She said the second night would be a chic night, but we're in port until 8pm so I doubt that will be the case, and more likely it will move. When I questioned her she said it was too soon to know but never confirmed. My partner should have a spa appointmet booked around it, and we'll entertain around it, so it would have been nice to know as we have friend onboard.

In the end, we'll see how effective she was when we board on Wednesday and as the cruise progresses as we had a number of more specual requests for this upcomming B2B cruise.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Carrie contacted me by phone about 3 week prior to cruise. I found her to be delightful and engaging. She took care of all of our requests. I later sent her an e-mail to make a couple dinner reservations and heard back from her in a couple day with confirmation.

Sorry to hear you had a different experience with her.

yES....i got the initial call...seemed good...but, after that it was down hill. I hope she is better with others

Carrie contacted me by phone about 3 week prior to cruise. I found her to be delightful and engaging. She took care of all of our requests. I later sent her an e-mail to make a couple dinner reservations and heard back from her in a couple day with confirmation.

Sorry to hear you had a different experience with her.

yES....i got the initial call...seemed good...but, after that it was down hill. I hope she is better with others

Please telephone Celebrity and let them know you are not happy with the service....If you don't have a contact there yourself I suggest you contact Captains Club and ask who you should ask for to register a concern. They should at least be honest if they cannot do something.

I think I can suggest answers to a couple of your points...on both our cruises with Luminae window tables could not be pre booked, they were very popular. On the nights we dined in Luminae (7.30ish) there were often a few people waiting specifically for windows even though there was lots of space elsewhere. For you to arrive at 7pm would mean for an hour they would be refusing others that table and then facing the question 'why were they allowed to book when we can't?'...We requested a window seat in Tuscan at 7pm first night last cruise and they told us they could not promise, they could at the start of service but not an hour in....Fair enough, we got there, they sat us at another table with a glass of wine and as a window seat became free we were quietly moved to it. Each time we arrived at Tuscan they remembered our preferences and always looked after us. I am sure in Luminae they will do the same...

Re wine choices...I think our only criticism last cruise would be the fluidity of wine choices. When we asked to see the wine menus anywhere often what we chose was no longer available and had been replaced by....Good choices but I'll bet the shoreside concierge genuinely cannot get an answer as to what is available. If I was you I would ask them to chill a couple of good bottles chosen for you by the Sommelier....If you don't like what is there when you board get the butler to sort...Re your previous spirit request, I honestly don't know why this hasn't been sorted. In the 'old days' when your contact was direct with the Michael's Club concierge she would simply know the answer or find out really easily. The longer the chain of asking goes out the less likely is a speedy response....

I honestly think this lack of response is spoiling your pre cruise enjoyment...As I said, phone, and just ask them to be honest and open about what they can/cannot do and express your frustration.

We have rarely had any issues with Celebrity but when we have had little blips we have registered our issues and then allowed them to sort...much better for you to do this now than board and have your first day ruined by champagne being left chilling in your room instead of a nice bottle of something you would enjoy!

I think several of us would be interested in knowing how you get on so keep us in touch. Sincere best wishes for these issues to be sorted and for you to get on with enjoying that pre cruise excitement.

Our experience with Shoreside Concierge (RS) was excellent. Edwin took care of our request with our liquor choices and specially dining reservation. He was very responsive when I returned his call around 2 weeks before our cruise.

I agree that one would not normally reserve a window seat at a mid dining time in Luminae or at least I would hope not. If the dining room opened at 5:30 PM it would be strange to have a prime window seat vacant for a couple of hours. The exception might be a large group. From my experience they do try and sit you with the same servers. I would think they could reserve you a 7 o'clock reservation although it might not be necessary to have a reservation.

Therefore I would not really be upset about the Luminae dining request, but the lack of response on your liquor and wine request is troublesome. I would call him back and then elevate the issue.

Luckily your bad experience is the exception.

We were contacted right after final payment for our December cruise in a RS. Made our requests and only had one question, which they may not know the answer to yet since personnel may be changing after the TA cruise.

Carrie gave me her email, phone # and work schedule so if I don't hear back I'll contact her. I also want to make sure there are 2 loungers on our balcony that I forgot to ask for.

We had everything we requested on both of our other cruises after the program started.

Last year on Reflection in a Signature Suite I never received a call from the shore side concierge and could not reach the person. I e-mailed the Michaels concierge directly 2 days before the cruise, and she took care of everything before we arrived.

If you search CC you will find the e-mail address for the on ship Concierge.

In the case of Reflections it was RF_MichaelsClubConcierge@celebrity.com

When she responded with an apology she copied RF_GuestRelationsManager@celebrity.com

Edited by Jim_Iain

We are booked in a suite, and leaving in a week; never heard a thing from a shoreside concierge.

Based on some of the comments here, guess we haven't missed much! :rolleyes:

I guess there are different experiences for some. Our concierge on shore did everything excellent. We appreciated her efforts.

Did she reach out to you?

Seems like some are not doing their jobs.

She was the one who called us. After speaking with us she even suggested a few perks we hadn't considered. Called back again before we departed to ensure everything was okay with us.:)

We have sailed in a CS and an RS suite on Celebrity and had not been contacted by a shoreside concierge for either cruise. We will be in a PH this December and will be curious to see if we are contacted this time. Do they typically contact you by phone or email? While I don't consider us high maintenance there are a couple of things I would like to request early.