2018/2019 Sailings available 11/29

oneputt18

I called Captain's Club earlier this morning to add a B2B prior to my April 30th Dublin sailing and was told it's a 15 night TA with 7 sea days, overnight in Ponta Delgada, Azores, 2 sea days, Cork, Waterford and Dublin. I mentioned it was not available on the web and was told she would inform their IT dept. I asked if there were many SS available and was told that there were a lot which makes sense if the sailing isn't showing on the web.

It's open now and we've booked.....

This is a great NEW TA itinerary!!!:D

I'm looking on the =X= web site at the Italy and Greek isles itineraries, but no matter what class of cabin I select, it tells me, "Unfortunately we ran out of [insert class name] staterooms for this sailing. Let's try again by choosing another class or call our Certified Vacation Planners..."

What is going on?

I also see "special offer" splashed above every cabin type, but nowhere does it mention what the offer is. I see people saying they got perks by calling, is that the only way to get them?

I also agree that the prices seem artificially high - is this normal? I've never thought about booking a cruise this far out, (usually 4-6 months ahead) so maybe it's normal to pay a premium to get first choice of cabins?

I'm looking on the =X= web site at the Italy and Greek isles itineraries, but no matter what class of cabin I select, it tells me, "Unfortunately we ran out of [insert class name] staterooms for this sailing. Let's try again by choosing another class or call our Certified Vacation Planners..."

What is going on?

I also see "special offer" splashed above every cabin type, but nowhere does it mention what the offer is. I see people saying they got perks by calling, is that the only way to get them?

I also agree that the prices seem artificially high - is this normal? I've never thought about booking a cruise this far out, (usually 4-6 months ahead) so maybe it's normal to pay a premium to get first choice of cabins?

If you go on the UK site you may see more cabins available. If you can't,which cruise are you looking at? I could check it out for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The most frustrating part of all this is that I expected to be quickly comparing itineraries and finalizing 2 =X= bookings for 2018 this morning.

Instead, I am cancelling the 2 Future Cruise certificates we bought mid-month and comparing several itineraries on Oceania and Azamara. Having sailed all 3 (=X=, O and Az) including over 250 days on Celebrity there is simply no way that I can justify not going with O or AZ.

O should be particularly attractive to Canadians as their exchange rate is about 1.245 whereas X and A is 1.345. Makes a big difference.

The Transpacific from Sydney to Honolulu in April 2018 is on the UK site and more expensive than next year.

April 2018 was released a year ago. They are now releasing May 2018 - April 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is no cross reference in X system. They have no clue.

I think the reason for high pricing is X want to see how far they can push and get away with it. I saw drastic price drops this year for a lot of itineraries and there is no way I will book now, like I used to do. Patience will get rewarded.

:confused:

Not sure what you mean. I was only saying that perhaps Celebrity has stopped with the $25 and $50 deposits because there have been multiple bookings by people to hold cheap places on a few cruises until they decide which cruise they would like to take. Once they decide, they cancel the other bookings. ;)

If you go on the UK site you may see more cabins available. If you can't,which cruise are you looking at? I could check it out for you.

I figured out how to get to the UK site. So, =X= is offering a special promotion to the UK for the next 28 hours (or so) and that's why things look wonky here in the U.S.?

I figured out how to get to the UK site. So, =X= is offering a special promotion to the UK for the next 28 hours (or so) and that's why things look wonky here in the U.S.?

I am not 100% certain, but I do not think we get the same promotions in the UK as in the USA.

I thought you wanted to check out cabins available. Are you able to put a hold on the cabin of your choice and then contact Celebrity?

I am not 100% certain, but I do not think we get the same promotions in the UK as in the USA.

I thought you wanted to check out cabins available. Are you able to put a hold on the cabin of your choice and then contact Celebrity?

I'm mainly curious how / why it would say that there are no cabins available when looking from the U.S., when it does show availability from the U.K. I was also trying to get a sense whether or not there was a special promotion or not. I've never been looking this far in advance and it just seems odd and confusing.

I'll probably wait until I am onboard Constellation in May to book, since from what I understand, this is often the best way to get the best deals. I still see availability for similar cruises in 2017 and with better prices, so I'm gambling that this is the way to go. :)

Another puzzle is why I haven't seen any emails from =X= in a while now, even though I am signed up. Aren't they promoting the new schedule for 2018?

What is going on?

I'm having the same experience for this cruise.

Part of the problem is that those of us that were stupid enough to secure future cruise certificates onboard (lamely, we bought 2) are forced to make a decision by December 30th or lose the benefits. When the prices are, by far, the relative highest we've ever seen in a roll-out in 15 years, and we always book early (we have 9 sailings booked right now).

So we took the bait and X reels us in thinking they've got us with their inflated fares. No other choice but to cancel the future cruise certificate and consider booking with another cruise line. I will not pay these exorbitant suite fares without perks. Might as well look elsewhere or book AQ. Jeez just when I was getting into the whole suite life!

cc9a5d94b0855b2ace47e4aa1eb9ad49.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

They only released Europe & Alaska. You'll have to wait for a couple of weeks for anything in 2019

Hi Cruise Junky,

So the flyer isn't to be believed? This is just not what I expected. I expected to see everything today. Nowhere does it say I have to wait a week or two to see the 2019 Jan-May deployment. The flyer/form I filled out says 11/29 for the 2018/19 sailings.:confused::confused:

The flyer above clearly states 2018/19 available 11/29 for Captain's Club members and general public 12/1. I'm perplexed. :confused:

I would like X to do what they say they'll do and not string us along.:p If what you say is true and I have to wait another few weeks for the rest of the itinerary then I have less time to make a decision (which has to be made by the end of December during an already busy time of year).

I was looking forward all weekend to getting this taken care of this week so I could close this loop. Ugh! Such problems :rolleyes:

Hi Cruise Junky,

So the flyer isn't to be believed? This is just not what I expected. I expected to see everything today. Nowhere does it say I have to wait a week or two to see the 2019 Jan-May deployment. The flyer/form I filled out says 11/29 for the 2018/19 sailings.:confused::confused:

The flyer above clearly states 2018/19 available 11/29 for Captain's Club members and general public 12/1. I'm perplexed. :confused:

I would like X to do what they say they'll do and not string us along.:p If what you say is true and I have to wait another few weeks for the rest of the itinerary then I have less time to make a decision (which has to be made by the end of December during an already busy time of year).

I was looking forward all weekend to getting this taken care of this week so I could close this loop. Ugh! Such problems :rolleyes:

A celebrity rep on another board posted dec 13 for the Caribbean. They also said the 29th was exclusive to captains club members but that doesn't appear to be so. I think the flyer that you quoted came from the UK

A celebrity rep on another board posted dec 13 for the Caribbean. They also said the 29th was exclusive to captains club members but that doesn't appear to be so. I think the flyer that you quoted came from the UK

Thanks for the heads up! :cool:

Hi Cruise Junky,

As long as we have been sailing Celebrity (around 20 years) the announcements have always been released on a rolling basis, usually over nearly a month's period. This is nothing new.

BTW, if the pricing is anywhere near what was released today, I wouldn't get too excited about it. :)

This is the schedule that I posted on another thread yesterday. Someone has said Caribbean is also mid December

29 November: Alaska, Hawaii, Pacific Coast and Europe.

6 December: Panama Canal, Australia, and South America.

13 December: Asia, Bermuda, New England

As long as we have been sailing Celebrity (around 20 years) the announcements have always been released on a rolling basis, usually over nearly a month's period. This is nothing new.

BTW, if the pricing is anywhere near what was released today, I wouldn't get too excited about it. :) TRUE TRUE!!!

This is the schedule that I posted on another thread yesterday. Someone has said Caribbean is also mid December

29 November: Alaska, Hawaii, Pacific Coast and Europe.

6 December: Panama Canal, Australia, and South America.

13 December: Asia, Bermuda, New England

Thanks!

I wasn't as horrified at suite prices as others...unless you are speaking of the high end RS & PH....others were higher than this year but not by a lot and the 10 night Dublin cruise April 30, 2018 is running LESS than a 10 Night Med on Equinox just a month ago for suites....

I didn't expect to get the prices we received when we booked last year or even 2 years ago...the suite package is one that has sold very well for X so why would they reduce the price...suites have been selling out quickly on most sailings so supply/demand would expect to see increases.....

I was glad the S1 and CS were within reach for us especially the S1.... I expected much worse...and the itinerary for the Eclipse TA to Dublin is new and very nice!!!:)

I spoke to my X cruise consultant today after putting 2 cruises on hold...online it just allowed the $300 OBC. He said that they really are still offering Big, Better, Best at different price points on newly released cruises but website has a glitch...WHAT A SURPRISE! Apparently it defaults to one perk and is always the OBC. Obviously the T/A's still no perks to speak of.

And yes if you try to book anything since sometime late AM today you get a message they are all sold out of any category which is not true. Good old X website I guess.

I wasn't as horrified at suite prices as others...unless you are speaking of the high end RS & PH....others were higher than this year but not by a lot and the 10 night Dublin cruise April 30, 2018 is running LESS than a 10 Night Med on Equinox just a month ago for suites....

I didn't expect to get the prices we received when we booked last year or even 2 years ago...the suite package is one that has sold very well for X so why would they reduce the price...suites have been selling out quickly on most sailings so supply/demand would expect to see increases.....

I was glad the S1 and CS were within reach for us especially the S1.... I expected much worse...and the itinerary for the Eclipse TA to Dublin is new and very nice!!!:)

I agree. the s1 price for Italy and greek islands was not bad at all. I was expecting 10K out of the gate and that's not the case. Yeah!

While some sailings are failry priced, such as those from Southampton or Med, especially the Amsterdam sailings on Eclipse are ridiculously expensive... :eek:- if at least the port timings were good, but to be honest, the Amsterdam sailings leave me disappointing to a certain degree.

The port timings in some ports are too short (Helsinki, Tallinn), and on the British Isles runs there are some ridiculously planned sea days, such as between Waterford and Dublin or Liverpool and Belfast - a leg you can easily sail in 10-13 hours @low speed! What's that, man? :rolleyes: :D

The new princess sailings for summer 2018 are also bookable soon (some TA websites show them already), and the British Isles cruises on royal Princess in 2018 are FAR BETTER than those offered on X Eclipse let's see how well X will fill the ship on that routes for such prices...

The Iceland sailing on Silhouette really makes a great impression. :)

But since M-Class has left Northern Europe (Harwich, Amsterdam), the sailings seem to be far more uninspired to me - I really miss the great Norwegian Fjords sailings, up to North Cape, and S-Class won't be too large for such sailings... :(