Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

17 minutes ago, MVPinBoynton said:

You will definitely get to see what the views from the park are on the 19th from the pics I post.  I don't know if the sky suite that is open to the public on the Nov. 27 cruise will have them as twins; but will ask about them if possible.  

This is the picture that made me start to wonder how they would separate them.  The end table looks screwed to the wall so either the one bed sits in front of the end table or if beside the end table, the other bed will block the entry to sitting area.

Or maybe they just unscrew the end table and take it out.

Sky Suite.png

I would like to know about Sky Suites without  a bed that faces the ocean.. We prefer the trad  bed set up...not a fan of the see through bathroom window.

Hope X would note these configurations on the website ..and deck plans.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

This is the picture that made me start to wonder how they would separate them.  The end table looks screwed to the wall so either the one bed sits in front of the end table or if beside the end table, the other bed will block the entry to sitting area.

I do understand your concern.  Unless the end table is on a bracket that makes it easy to pull off, I don't know what they will do.  Repeatedly unscrewing it from the wall and screwing it back in would become an issue; which I don't think they will do.  Hopefully, it is on a easy to remove bracket.  We will try to find out in 2.5 weeks.

28 minutes ago, MVPinBoynton said:

I do understand your concern.  Unless the end table is on a bracket that makes it easy to pull off, I don't know what they will do.  Repeatedly unscrewing it from the wall and screwing it back in would become an issue; which I don't think they will do.  Hopefully, it is on a easy to remove bracket.  We will try to find out in 2.5 weeks.

That's what I was thinking too, the table is probably attached with a bracket.

36 minutes ago, hcat said:

I would like to know about Sky Suites without  a bed that faces the ocean.. We prefer the trad  bed set up...not a fan of the see through bathroom window.

Hope X would note these configurations on the website ..and deck plans.

I agree, it would be easier for guests to choose their bed preference! We like the see through bathroom window, but I've got a feeling the beds won't be facing the sea in the Aft S1's so we won’t have them.

3 hours ago, cruisingxpert said:

Would love it if you can get a picture of a Sky Suite with twin beds:classic_biggrin:.  We are in 9183. 

I'll be in Ft Lauderdale from Nov 23-27 before we go on an Oceania cruise out of Miami.  I am going to try to get a peek at

the ship while I'm there.  Some people are offering suggestions on where the best spots to view it are.

Thrilled that MVPinBoynton saw your post about the 2 day and booked it.  He takes the best tours of ships - love his website.

I was told the beds will be in an L configuration when split into twins.

Will be in an aft S1 for the December 1 sailing, and will have twin configuration.  If VT doesn't get twin bedded pictures before then, I'll post from my cabin.

13 minutes ago, BurBunny said:

Will be in an aft S1 for the December 1 sailing, and will have twin configuration.  If VT doesn't get twin bedded pictures before then, I'll post from my cabin.

Thank you.  That's very interesting that they would do an L configuration.  Reminds me of beds in tiny cabins on RCCL in late 80's:classic_biggrin:  That might be a great plan because it would make the beds look more like an L shaped sofa if my vision of the placement is correct.  Look forward to pictures.

16 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

Thank you.  That's very interesting that they would do an L configuration.  Reminds me of beds in tiny cabins on RCCL in late 80's:classic_biggrin:  That might be a great plan because it would make the beds look more like an L shaped sofa if my vision of the placement is correct.  Look forward to pictures.

Oh yeah..we had one of those!

32 minutes ago, BurBunny said:

That’s great to know! Maybe when we have some pix we can post them to the Sky Suites thread. Thanks!

36 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

That’s great to know! Maybe when we have some pix we can post them to the Sky Suites thread. Thanks!

VT, I think you're right below me on this sailing.  If you'd like to come up to photograph, let me know and we can exchange cell numbers.  Presuming, of course, that the butler has the beds separated when we board.  

2 minutes ago, BurBunny said:

VT, I think you're right below me on this sailing.  If you'd like to come up to photograph, let me know and we can exchange cell numbers.  Presuming, of course, that the butler has the beds separated when we board.  

I’ll show you mine if you show me yours! 😄

3 hours ago, cruisingxpert said:

Sky Suite.png

Based on a simple engineering thinking, in this "see-through" version of the room it is impossible to arrange two separate twin beds, sorry to disappoint you...
The nightstand on the wall is fixed permanently and will not get detached - look at the round corner, the stand is curved at the left side as well. The headboard is also fixed permanently. No one's gonna do any "unscrewing/screwing" during a few VERY rushed hours of passenger change on Sundays...

Someone also said about the L-shape configuration - again, there is not that much space in there to allow such setting. It either needs to place one bed along the cabin separation wall, and another - head-to-head with it (in this case the second bed will block the walk-through from corridor), or one bed should have head at the separation wall, and another - at the bathroom wall, making sort of a "square" (but there's simply  not enough room to allow that either; there is a couch that cannot be moved, do not forget it). Either way, for poor stateroom attendants who will be under high pressure to change cottons/clean/tidy up, THE ONLY way to quickly rearrange beds into twin configuration is to just move them apart - which means that the twin bed configuration will be available ONLY when they are NOT facing the window...

Sorry to disappoint you again. I hope there will be a more elegant and easy-to-do solution, though 🙂 

14 minutes ago, marylander2 said:

Based on a simple engineering thinking, in this "see-through" version of the room it is impossible to arrange two separate twin beds, sorry to disappoint you...
The nightstand on the wall is fixed permanently and will not get detached - look at the round corner, the stand is curved at the left side as well. The headboard is also fixed permanently. No one's gonna do any "unscrewing/screwing" during a few VERY rushed hours of passenger change on Sundays...

Someone also said about the L-shape configuration - again, there is not that much space in there to allow such setting. It either needs to place one bed along the cabin separation wall, and another - head-to-head with it (in this case the second bed will block the walk-through from corridor), or one bed should have head at the separation wall, and another - at the bathroom wall, making sort of a "square" (but there's simply  not enough room to allow that either; there is a couch that cannot be moved, do not forget it). Either way, for poor stateroom attendants who will be under high pressure to change cottons/clean/tidy up, THE ONLY way to quickly rearrange beds into twin configuration is to just move them apart - which means that the twin bed configuration will be available ONLY when they are NOT facing the window...

Sorry to disappoint you again. I hope there will be a more elegant and easy-to-do solution, though 🙂 

Based on the bed that is already in this cabin, and this cabin is a side cabin and not an aft cabin, this bed is not convertible. I suspect the afts are a bit different for a reason. 

2 hours ago, MizDemeanor said:

Based on the bed that is already in this cabin, and this cabin is a side cabin and not an aft cabin, this bed is not convertible. I suspect the afts are a bit different for a reason. 

I took a look at my Invoice and Bedding says Twin Beds.   It's my sister and myself so we can do the king bed if it can't be done but would imagine there may be some unhappy people if they find out that what they booked isn't possible. 

Hopefully, MVPinBoynton and vtcruising can find out what the situation with twin bed set up is going to be.  I'm in 9183 if you would be so kind to check.

3 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

I took a look at my Invoice and Bedding says Twin Beds.   It's my sister and myself so we can do the king bed if it can't be done but would imagine there may be some unhappy people if they find out that what they booked isn't possible. 

Hopefully, MVPinBoynton and vtcruising can find out what the situation with twin bed set up is going to be.  I'm in 9183 if you would be so kind to check.

Its on my to do list for the cruise. 

Here's my take on the bedding - there will be a second, moveable, nightstand on the other side of the bed (see rendering below) that will most likely be 9-12" wide, it just is not visible in the photo as the cabin is still under construction (looks like a closet tower lying on it's side on the floor undergoing  assembly).  That said once the beds are separated the OTHER nightstand which is moveable will go between the beds, simple as that :)

Image result for celebrity edge sky suite layout

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cruisingxpert said:

Its likely a split like any oher cabin. Confiquaratiion TBD. I wouldn't fret unless you plan on making a big deal of it.

• Haha 1