Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

1 hour ago, MVPinBoynton said:

Thanks so much for checking it out.  I will go there later in the day.  As much as I would love to see her arriving, it just isn't worth getting in that rush hour traffic.  Plus, I can't miss my morning workout.

Hi MVP, I knw what you mean about traffic. The first 3 months I was in South Florida, I lived in Lantana and worked in downtown Fort Lauderdale. I had to be at work at 7am so I missed the morning traffic. Getting home in the afternoon was not fun.

2 minutes ago, SeaWatch12 said:

Hi MVP, I knw what you mean about traffic. The first 3 months I was in South Florida, I lived in Lantana and worked in downtown Fort Lauderdale. I had to be at work at 7am so I missed the morning traffic. Getting home in the afternoon was not fun.

Uggghh, I can't imagine doing that every day.  I have been fortunate most of my life to live relatively close to work.  Now that I am retired, I do everything possible to avoid rush hour.  West Boynton Beach to Port Everglades is around 45 minutes during non-rush hour.  With my luck, there would be wreck and I would miss the Edge arriving.  Just as soon wait and take a leisurely drive down there.

1 hour ago, beachbunny6 said:

Thanks, Mark!  I think that would be a great place, but do you think Nova will allow more than one of us (as in you plus potential others) on their property for long enough to watch the complete arrival and docking?  It is also possible, I believe, to enter the port area with proper identification.  How else would private parties pick up disembarking passengers?  Parking is available at the midport garage, and is a short walk to T25.  There looks to be an open area at the end of that roadway, where the turnaround is.  Possibly a potential vantage point also.  Unless, of course, it is filled with news vans and photographers.  Difficult to determine at this time, but a distinct possibility, I am sure.  Her arrival will be very newsworthy, at least in the FL area.  

Hi beachbunny6, I didn't even think about the possibility of media being set up in the Nova area and how it might effect access.

When I was there the other afternoon, we parked in the lot across the road at the beach entry and walked across. The gates to the school were open. I wish I knew someone who worked there or goes to school there. Those in the building will have a terrific view, the building is about 5 stories.

I have never tried to go to Port Everglades without being booked on a cruise or dropping off or picking up friends. I don't know if they would time restrict someone going to pick up passengers. There are 4 ships in the port that day.

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

Have you tried going to cruisecritic.com and logging in? I can't use Tapatalk anymore for CC either.  I've been able to use my iphone by logging in directly (or by hitting the link in my email notifications), but may be different in Canada.

The Tapatalk app was discontinued with the site update. CC admins announced this before they took the site down.

17 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

The Tapatalk app was discontinued with the site update. CC admins announced this before they took the site down.

Actually, I read that they discontinued the CC app, but didn't remember seeing Tapatalk - figured it was gone when I tried it and it didn't work. :classic_smile:

Edited by vtcruising

I combined beachbunny's port schedule info, Peter's info and other known events to have this info in one place:

Edge's Early Schedule

DEP

ARR

Arrives in FLL

11/19/18  9:00 AM

Employee “Shakedown” w/ CEOs

11/21/18  4:00 PM

11/23/18  7:00 AM

Training - 11/23-11/25/18

Press & Trade Cruise

11/25/18  4:00 PM

11/27/18  7:00 AM

Press & Trade /United Way Cruise

11/27/18  6:00 PM

11/29/18  7:00 AM

Press & Trade Cruise

11/29/18  6:00 PM

12/1/18    7:00 AM

Preview Cruise

12/1/18    4:00 PM

12/4/18    7:00 AM

Press & Trade/Naming Ceremony Cruise

12/4/18    ?

12/6/18    ?

Preview Cruise

12/6/18    4:00 PM

12/9/18    7:00 AM

Inaugural Cruise Western

12/9/18    4:00 PM

12/16/18  7:00 AM

Inaugural Cruise Eastern

12/16/18  4:00 PM

12/23/18  7:00 AM

Edited by vtcruising

Sorry, I KNEW there was a song about Neon Lights and it has taken me an age to find it! Well, found it. You may have to be from the UK and of a certain age to get it ---------------------

If you don't know it give it a chance and listen to the lyrics !!! Us Prestos are not going to Eden, we are going to Xanadu !!

6 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Looking down on the bow, I wonder if they will continue doing the helipad sailaways there and have people gather below where there is more room (and less wind) and then have people take turns going up to the higher yellow helipad area (since it would be too small for the usual sailaway). Another option would be to have a sailaway on the forward spa veranda shown in the second picture.

image.thumb.png.22d96c6fd1684d7c34f448f6cdc049e8.png

image.thumb.jpeg.f6b4e6463feceec602eab1f5eb60bffc.jpeg

There  were a few pics of staff and crew when EDGE sailed away...noticed right away there could never be a gen  sailaway party from there...no easy access and too small a space,......The spa veranda looks like a bigger space!

New ship....new traditions?

8 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Love this picture, looking at Eden from the outside. It is finally looking finished off. There will be amazing views from inside and out. This ship will intrigue people in port and I suspect will sell itself to many (won't appeal to all, but many will want to see more and book it, I suspect).

image.png.873bfe0dc0a3b0aae676209173bce04d.png

Love this photo!  When I make it larger I can see the EDEN ramp just under my SV,...looks interesting up there..I believe you said it would be a waiting area for the EDEN Restaurant,,,Interested to hear how that will work out!

Edited by hcat

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Don't even know this song, but it seems to fit the ship perfectly at the minute !

Oh so neon...or whatever the lights are called...Hope the DJ has that song,

They replaced the parking lot gate where I work yesterday...the arm no glows bright red neon,,,Guess it is in vogue!

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Sorry, I KNEW there was a song about Neon Lights and it has taken me an age to find it! Well, found it. You may have to be from the UK and of a certain age to get it ---------------------

If you don't know it give it a chance and listen to the lyrics !!! Us Prestos are not going to Eden, we are going to Xanadu !!

Another neon song for the DJ playlist...

No matter what they bring to Eden, it will never outdo the 60's  light shows at Filmore East....awesome!

Edited by hcat

31 minutes ago, hcat said:

No matter what they bring to Eden, it will never outdo the 60's  light shows at Filmore East....awesome!

31 minutes ago, hcat said:

God that takes me back.  We lived in Manhattan at the time and  frequented the clubs.  My plaid bell bottomed pants and long collars  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, floridatravelersforlife said:

God that takes me back.  We lived in Manhattan at the time and  frequented the clubs.  My plaid bell bottomed pants and long collars  

Hey....You were a wild and craaazy guy!

Edited by MizDemeanor
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Lloyd555 said:

Not getting any new details.

Also, I assume the news is coming from some of the 100-200 shipyard workers still onboard.

I am still just being told about vibration on deck 6.

BTW, I would have posted earlier/sooner, but I can’t access the Cruise Critic forums through Tapatalk through my phone since the site update. I usually have to wait until I have access to my home or work laptop.

It is frustratung having to work around CC changes. I  am having issues with the CC website  which is making me log in every few days.

I am wondering if there are any reported vibration issues with Sunset verandas  deck 7..just up from EDEN ? .. Lights are on so I know someone is staying back  there

I am trying to do my best to keep up with this thread, but am failing terribly. :classic_sad: Trying to wade through all the replies, quotes, photos, and especially those photos that are being copied in the replies is daunting!  There use to be a way to quote without copying the photos, as well.  Anyone know how to do this on this new forum set-up? 

I tried to quote with just one photo of BLU that I saw several pages back.  It did not work.  I wanted to point out/ask about the chairs shown in the photo.  It's the one where a crew member is hanging light crystals on the ceiling.  The chairs look like hard plastic lunch room chairs.  Surely they are not the chairs that we are to sit in for dinner in BLU???

I've also wanted to see a recent photo an AQ stateroom and the IV.  Have any been posted, yet?  Thank you!